Author Topic: General Paypal Question......  (Read 11420 times)

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
General Paypal Question......
« on: May 17, 2009, 09:51:43 PM »
I've noticed a change in Paypal useage by a number of sellers......

1. "If you pay using Paypal, add an additional $8-10 to your purchase price to cover Paypal costs, and an extra $3 to send it registered post." (as Paypal only accepts proof of postage via registered post)

2. Payment for an item made with Paypal - remaining unclaimed. Seller advising that payment has not been received. When seller contacted, advises that they don't use Paypal - but have to offer it. No mention of this in the description. (transaction cancelled and made via direct deposit)

Has there been a change in policy that I haven't yet seen? As I recall, sellers couldn't add additional charges for Paypal?

Any thoughts?

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
Re: General Paypal Question......
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 11:13:58 PM »
Any seller insisting on a buyer adding additional payment to cover the PayPal costs risks being reported to eBay.

However, a seller who states that the buyer must pay for registered post is within his rights. He is not permitted to charge the buyer more than the actual cost of registering the parcel, so he could quite legitimately insist on receiving the required $2.70 but certainly not more.

"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

imperfect

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 08:30:43 AM »
Hi r3830,

No changes that I have seen, some sellers will try pushing the boundaries, let's hope most buyers are well informed by eBay that they don't have to pay this charge. 

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 10:50:02 AM »
Many thanks countess and imp..... I knew I could rely on this site for quality assistance!