Author Topic: vPost in the UK  (Read 4900 times)

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
vPost in the UK
« on: March 26, 2011, 05:31:51 PM »
I'd like to warn all who use vPost in the UK.

It's not specifically a warning about vPost per se, but rather about Royal Mail to vPost.

On three separate occasions (the last two being on consecutive days in February this year), I had parcels sent from a particular supplier (large publisher) to my vPost UK address.

They never turned up.

The first time this happened, the company sent me replacements by courier to my UK address.

I felt embarrassed to contact the company again with the exact same problem. I'd thought the lost parcel the first time around was a one-off. But how can I explain the fact that it's happened again, with two parcels sent a day apart?

BOTH missing?

Very odd.

I telephoned the company and arranged a second lot of the items, paying extra for courier again. Now, finally, I have an email from vPost UK telling me that a parcel's arrived.

The caution is therefore this: something odd is going on with parcels sent by Royal Mail within the UK, certainly to vPost addresses. If you're making any purchases to be sent to a UK address, please do as I will be doing from now on: specify courier delivery!
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"