The Oz Round Table boards > The Round Table

PROBLEMS WITH E-PURCHASES and their RESOLUTIONS

<< < (7/7)

*CountessA*:
Fluffy, it's finished quickly with a good resolution. The seller has refunded the full amount and has again extended an apology.

Sometimes all it takes is a polite but firm reply pointing out their obligations under law.

I've just re-ordered the same book (but this time in the hardcover edition; I don't want to risk another copy from the same bad batch).

*FluffyDuckee*:
That's great Tessa.  Are there international laws covering online buyers who buy outside their own country?

*Ubbie Max*:
Countess. Is Book of the Dead about the Zombie hoards?

Tello would like that.

*CountessA*:
Well, there are laws in the UK about distance purchasing. I was relying on those to help the seller make the right decision!

My last resort would have been a credit card chargeback - which I would rather avoid.

... Hmm, Ubbie... Book of the Dead in relation to zombies... The traditional Egyptian Book of the Dead is not about zombies, but I have no doubt one could adapt it to Tello's requirements.

--- Quote ---Let my zombies be with me in the House of Zombies. Let my zombie-case be with me in the House of zombie-cases. Let my heart be with me, and let it rest in [me or] I shall not eat the cakes of the zombie cooks in the eastern side of the Lake of Flowers, nor have a boat wherein to float down the river, nor a boat to sail up the river to thee, nor be able to embark in a boat with thee. Let my mouth be to me that I may speak therewith. Let my legs be to me that I may walk therewith. Let my arms be to me that I may overthrow the decaying zombies therewith. Let the two doors of the sky be opened to me. May Keb, the Erpat of the gods, open his jaws to me. May he open my two eyes which are blinded by swathings. May he make me to lift up my legs in walking which are tied together. May Anpu make my thighs to become vigorous. May the screaming mama raise me, and lift me up. Let me ascend into Telloland, let that which I command be performed in Het-ka-Ptah. I know how to use my zombies. I am master of my zombie-case. I am master of my hands and arms. I am master of my legs. I have the power to do that which my KA desireth to do. My Heart-soul shall not be kept a prisoner in my body at the gates of Amentet when I would go in in peace and come forth in peace.
--- End quote ---

*CountessA*:
I am having the most frustrating experience with vPost in the UK.

I purchased something from within the UK, and had it sent by express courier to my vPost UK address.

I purchased something else from Italy, had it picked up by TNT (through another company) and delivered to my vPost UK address.

Both have been delivered to vPost. SIGNED FOR. I have the name of the signee for the Italian job (no minis involved)... Aaron. I have the image of the signature for the second parcel (sent within UK). They were delivered on 27th June and 25th June respectively.

It's more than a week later. I have not received any indication from vPost that these have arrived, nor have I received an invoice to pay so that they can be sent here to Australia.

I have emailed 8 times with explanations, tracking numbers, copies of the scanned images, reiterations, further iterations, and reiterations of the iterations.

I have phoned 3 times.

Their response on the phone has been "We'll follow this up with our UK office" plus requests for tracking numbers and going through the whole story again each time. Their response by email has been requests for tracking numbers, merchant name, courier name, description of parcel, all of which I provided in the second and third email.

This is so totally unsatisfactory... Once I get these parcels, assuming I ever do (and I'd better), I will NEVER use vPost again.

Does anyone have a direct number for the vPost UK address?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version