Author Topic: UK BOARDS  (Read 12219 times)

logbox

• Knight
UK BOARDS
« on: May 09, 2009, 05:27:28 AM »
Just tried to log onto the uk r.t and thought I was banned,looked on the q&a and they are all sitting on there waiting for something to happen, wonder if they have shut the uk down for good?
At the end of the day.....it's night time.

Primaryaim

Re: UK BOARDS
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 07:19:49 AM »
Good morning logbox, it is 7.18am here. I have just tried to log in and got the error message, which is the same as we get here in oz when we try to access our closed boards. If you did not get any notification this would happen (we did here) maybe its a glitch?

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 08:44:43 AM »
I HOPE it's a glitch. I just tried to get in - received the "You do not have permission" error - and muttered in stark agony. I tried checking the Q&A board, and that was fine... (There are multiple threads there about the Discussion boards not working.) It has got to be a glitch. It must be.
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

Primaryaim

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2009, 08:56:56 AM »
They have all gone to the University board and have started their respective board threads there. I must say that, after having a read there this morning, and going back to the oz ebay boards, in comparison ours seem dreary in content and style. Its like our members have been stifled to banality.I don't mean this for every thread or post but we do seem a bit of a glum lot since the changes.

imperfect

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2009, 09:02:40 AM »
Oh no, what's happend..I can't get in either!!

Has someone changed the locks!!!

I left me hat inside!!  :-[

imperfect

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2009, 09:04:11 AM »
University board , what's that pirm??

oops, good morning guys :)

imperfect

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2009, 09:07:22 AM »
Found it :)

debra9275

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2009, 09:21:49 AM »
loopy lynn & baby dee have posted a link to the UK 'university board' on our CS board.

I'm having trouble accessing our boards too.

The community link takes me to the old format for discussion boards (RT etc..) I have found a way around the problem.

From the 'old' board heading page, click on the discussion board link at the bottom of  the page and that will get you into CS .

Primaryaim

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2009, 09:32:31 AM »
Hi everyone, Lilly, that happened to me and a few others the other day. I have not had that problem since though.

Off out for a while. Be good everyone :)

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2009, 10:49:42 AM »
The UK boards are open again.

Rejoice, all ye who have laboured to get in!
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

frangi

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2009, 12:19:24 PM »
Have to say, ebay reminds me of an old bomb I once bought. 

It was all shiny on top, new paintwork, blackened tyres, etc.

I bought it.  I knew nothing.  Big car-yard with reputation to uphold. I trusted them.  I didn't think they'd risk their good name just to scrabble for my few dollars.

It was short-lived joy on my part.  My first car.  I polished it all through with Mr.Sheen, lol.

Then, it all went wrong.

Took it to a garage.  Mechanics seemed 'nice' (of course).  I said to them, 'Fix up the bad bits please, but just the safety and running parts, because I don't have much money '.

A week later, I went to pick it up.  Emptied my bank account.

On way home, the brakes failed as I approached a Stop sign. 

Took it back to the mechanic.  Two more days in dock.  When I got it back, it crawled up a hill, blowing steam.

Took it back again and said,  ' I thought you fixed this thing.  But it's worse than ever ! '

Mechanic dragged out his clip-board.  ' We did fix it.  Look .. we installed a new cigarette lighter.  And we put all new rubber seals around all the doors ... ' (true)

Later, when I went to trade it in, a car-yard informed me my shiny Mr.Sheened car was in fact two old cars welded together and was a death-trap on wheels.

So as I say, ebay reminds me a lot of that car.  A potential death-trap for the unwary and unlucky. 

But what does ebay do to make it safer ?

Seems to me, ebay fiddles around installing non-essentials such as cigarette lighters and rubber seals

-- or, the ebay equivalent:  mucks around and pats itself on the back for effecting format and other cosmetic changes

meanwhile, consumers are compelled to continue taking risks on all those un-fixed issues that ebay 'mechanics' and lawyers toss in the too-hard, not-profitable-for-ebay basket

Come on, ebay -- fix it properly or get the thing off the road

Poddy

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2009, 02:05:17 PM »
Unbelievable !!!!

I have seen that welded-together vehicle it was up for sale at the stock exchange.

Not many genuinely intrested potential buyers but there were a lot of tire-kickers, a lot of others there too and they were kicking more than just the tires.

frangi

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2009, 02:59:57 PM »
You know what they say, Poddy .. why buy an established business when you can build one of your own for a fraction of the price

Guess that's what those tyre-kickers were doing at the Exchange, huh ... finding the faults so that when they build their own, they'll know what works with the public .. and what bombs

Not sure ebay can boast of a lot of goodwill to justify the price they'd ask from whomever they might hope would take it off their hands

Poddy

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2009, 03:18:54 PM »
I happened to go past there a while later and the vehicle was still there but in a worse-for-wear condition.

The tyers were in tatters, the feedback tube was clogged and would only work one way, the input vent was reduced in size so that it would pass 99cent articles with ease but anything else was difficult to get in there, the complex operator's manual had been rewritten in a foreign language (looked like Chinese), the windscreen had been blacked out so that you couldn't see where it was heading and the wheels had fallen off.

frangi

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2009, 03:39:40 PM »
 :10:

Numb!

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2009, 04:10:01 PM »
Haven't been there in a while.  Couldn't say for sure