Author Topic: Ad Commerce About To End  (Read 4480 times)

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
Ad Commerce About To End
« on: January 05, 2011, 07:30:30 AM »

Dear bnwt:

We know you've either registered for or created AdCommerce pay-per-click advertising placements recently to promote your eBay Store or listings. We wanted to let you know this advertising program will be discontinued on January 31, 2011.

You do not need to do anything-these AdCommerce placements will no longer be available, and any ads you already created will automatically expire on January 31, 2011. Your final billing will be sent out in early February 2011. The data reports that give you information on the past performance of your ad campaigns will be available on-line through mid-February 2011. If you would like to access the data reports after that date, please do not hesitate to send an email to adcommercesupport.en@ebay.com.

We understand that these AdCommerce ads may have provided an advantage to your business. At the same time we are confident that consistently displaying the most relevant items is in the best interest of buyers, sellers and the eBay marketplace.

To ensure maximum exposure for your listings in Best Match, continue to focus on sound business practices and on delivering great value and service to your buyers. Follow these best practices:

Retain or achieve eBay Top-rated seller status by providing great service to your buyers
Offer good prices and reasonable shipping
List in the right format and the right categories
Write accurate and relevant titles
Write clear item descriptions
Include great photos
State your terms clearly

As always, thank you for selling on eBay.

Sincerely,
eBay seller team

that translates to : we at eBay found we can make more money by selling the ad space to big businesses

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
Re: Ad Commerce About To End
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 12:56:28 PM »
I wouldn't doubt it, BWNT.

"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

low-enghooi

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 03:04:06 PM »
If big businesses is buying ad space from ebay, is it still true to say ebay is "dead man walking"?  ;D

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 06:00:49 PM »
From my observations, advertising space is rarely a long-term commitment - especially for any one location.

Big business, small business, in fact ANY business will simply be looking for places to advertise that get the best return on investment ... and will be actively monitoring and seeking out ways to improve results.

Internet advertising is just another medium with a variety of opportunities that (I believe) are not too well understood - so there is a lot of exploration and experimentation ... with sufficient caution so as to not over-commit.

In a nutshell - if businesses use eBay and eBay does fall by the wayside, they will just find other avenues to continue.

But they will have taken note of how well certain things did or didn't work - and added those lessons to their portfolio of 'experience'.

(I have little doubt that there would be some businesses that would happily advertise on the side of a casket, knowing full well that it was a short-lived campaign and was destined to be buried.

Even 'dead men walking' could be lined up to wear Tshirts or carry sandwich boards.)

low-enghooi

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 06:46:10 PM »
Human may hate ebay, but Google love ebay. A link from ebay is powerful in Google terms but yes, ebay is not the only option.

Even if ebay is to die one day, the value of ebay.com will not go away unless Google die faster than ebay. I could be wrong but I don't see this possible in the foreseeable future.

Maybe people didn't realize ebay.com is ebay's most valuable asset. How much? Ask a rocket scientist. Hahaha.