Author Topic: eBay Launches New Hub for Reporting Bad Buyers  (Read 9343 times)

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
eBay Launches New Hub for Reporting Bad Buyers
« on: October 25, 2010, 11:50:12 PM »
I just followed one of bnwt's links ....

PayPal Protection Policy Impacts eBay, Etsy and Ecommerce Sellers

http://www.auctionbytes.com/cab/cab/abn/y10/m10/i22/s01

and found this:

eBay Launches New Hub for Reporting Bad Buyers

http://blog.auctionbytes.com/cgi-bin/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2010/10/1287716716.html

eBay stated, "Though it won't be public or visible to buyers, the information you provide will be used by eBay to help identify and take action against these buyers and sellers. They may be suspended or placed on restriction and their feedback and Buyer Protection cases removed from your account."

eBay would use that information the same way it uses reports on sellers. "We will look into the cases, we will look for corroborating evidence and things that other sellers have said and reported about those buyers. And if we find out that the buyers are not playing fairly, then we will take action against those buyers."

He said eBay had hired a team of people to look into those buyer cases, and to see if a buyer is giving too high of a negative or neutral rate, or have too high of an unpaid item rate, and to see if a buyer opens claims at a rate that eBay finds concerning.

Hmmm, maybe eBay are starting to realise that the buyer isn't always right.

Centuries

• Knight of the RT
Re: eBay Launches New Hub for Reporting Bad Buyers
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 02:17:58 AM »
Finally! It is a very necessary step to be taken by eBay.
“I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, because I'm not myself, you see”  Lewis Carroll

Liisa-Sx

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 02:33:16 AM »
I don't think that is imlimented in Australia yet, certainly not during this case.......   http://forums.ebay.com.au/topic/Selling/Dishonest-Buyer/500135056&start=0 and several others like it, Ebay and payPal are doing nothing about it thus far, and the Rogue buyer is still happily bidding away...

26 sellers with 53 Items that were refunded to this ONE fraudulent buyer...read the entire thread, it's an eye opener, the fraudster even puts in an appearance and trips all over their tongue.
They said there would be cake....and there WAS!

*Ubbie Max*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
  • Never take a knife to a gunfight
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 10:52:10 AM »
Wow Liisa, I just read the entire thread. The alleged actions by the buyer are  criminal offences not civil therefore the standard of proof must be beyond a reasonable doubt.

If the Police were to execute a search warrant on the residence of the alleged offender & find evidence supporting or proving the allegation the matter could proceed to court.

It stuns me that Paypal are just refunding the buyer and not seeking information from the sellers and or Australia Post.

There is no way a postman, if he values his job, would deliver registered postal articles to the addressees neighbour, it is not lawful to do so.

You are right Liisa, the buyer has dug big holes by posting on the Ebay thread.

Liisa-Sx

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 01:56:44 PM »
Exactly Ubbs, quite the eye opener isn't it, the bottom line is PayPal do NO real investigating they simply take the fact that the buyer said they never received the items as gospel and if the Seller does not have a tracking number it is automatically a refund, although in this case some sellers DID have registered tracking numbers and they refunded anyway, the sellers had no recourse for some inexplicable reason according to PayPal and they closed the cases in favour of the buyer, the Buyer even admitted after threat of prosecution that a ' large bag of registered items' that had been previously refunded turned up at the neighbours (funnily enough only from those sellers that had contacted the fraud squad and only those that were registered)....uh huh.

How is this not a criminal offense on the part of Paypal as well? Facilitation of a crime is a crime in itself.

Amazing how the buyer suddenly 'found' a few items from sellers that had sent registered replacements when she though the police were going to be involved, however she still has the original item and refund, so in many cases not only does she have the Original and refund but a replacement that allegedly 'never arrived' as well.

4moviefans is doing a stellar job of contacting other buyers with many of us assisting regarding the rogue buyers purchases off other sites as well.

PayPal could care less where the parcels went or even if they arrive as they already have their fees and a refund is no skin off their nose.

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 01:01:12 AM »

PayPal could care less where the parcels went or even if they arrive as they already have their fees and a refund is no skin off their nose.

Indeed.

I find it quite arrogant and exceptionally misleading when PayPal talk about 'fraud' when presenting their figures.  It is clear they are at minimal risk of their bottom line being affected, since they do not accept responsibility for fraud (or other transgressions) unless cornered. They simply transfer the real financial risk onto the seller, adjudicate arbitrarily (on numerous occasions) and present themselves as the bastion of best practice.

Smoke and mirrors .... and bovine faecal matter.

callostemma

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2010, 07:34:15 AM »
SCAREY :chair: :sofa: :runforhills: :hide:

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
  • You don't get everything you want at Tello's.
    • facebook
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2010, 01:25:57 PM »
RE: the link on post #2: I was prompted to login. I can't; my account has been banned for life.

I am not allowed to see the forum.

"The B@zturd Love Child of Comix & a News Organization"

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2010, 04:38:43 PM »
the problem I see is that eBay will have vastly different idea of what is a bad buyer compared to that of an eBay seller .... or any other retailer for that matter

it is not in eBay's interest to ban buyers ............. and even they did the bad buyers will just reappear with a new ID

Centuries

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2010, 10:39:26 PM »
I have just finished reading the the link on liisa's post re the dishonest buyer. Horrifying.

It has been mentioned, on that thread, that eBay is not the only site this buyer has frequented. On that site the seller was able to, and did, leave a negative feedback.
“I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, because I'm not myself, you see”  Lewis Carroll

lacey

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2010, 03:18:08 PM »
what's the person's name that is ripping ppl off?
Money can't buy happiness, but it sure makes misery easier to live with.

Centuries

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2010, 12:39:11 AM »
Lacey, the name is mentioned in the link which takes you to a thread in the Selling section of the eBay forums. (You need to sign in after you click the link.) You could just go there and look for the thread re Dishonest Buyer.

The person being discussed in that thread actually identified themselves by posting!  You would have to read through the thread as I am not sure if the ID should be mentioned here ;D

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2010, 11:46:28 AM »
There's no prohibition on naming this individual here.

(Particularly as she's identified herself on a public forum.)
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

Liisa-Sx

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2010, 11:56:00 AM »
Her name is "Hotmama24" formerly known as "bigballs1982"  the latter a reference to the band ACDC, She changed her ID to Hotmama24 in 2009, the buyer is located in South Australia, is currently planning a wedding and is very partial to all things purple. She used the 'Hotmama24' ID on Oztion as well, until recently where she has deregistered herself in the past few days on the 'O' site.

She has made her ID private on Ebay however a quick perusal of Goofbay and the 'Bidder history' not the feedback history shows all items she is bidding on and has won on Ebay despite her masking her feedback.

Centuries

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2010, 12:08:47 AM »
 Thank you Countessa and Liisa.  I thought I had better err on the side of caution re the names in case I was committing a "no-no" ;D

lacey

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2010, 05:41:29 PM »
Thanks for that.  One can never be too careful and I will stick her in my blocked list.  ;D

lacey

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2010, 09:24:16 PM »
BUGGA!

it says invalid user ID.

maybe she left. ;D

*Ubbie Max*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2010, 09:36:36 PM »
Lacey. I just tried hotmama24 & it came up, private feedback though.

lacey

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2010, 09:41:42 PM »
oh bugga it didn't work.  invalid user ID

lacey

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2010, 09:42:18 PM »
Thanks Max.  I had a capital H. I copied and pasted your's and it worked fine. :mates:

*Ubbie Max*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2010, 09:43:30 PM »
Did you type in hotmama24 ? There's nothing to see though as feedback is private.

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2010, 10:21:41 PM »
Freely available: the buyer's bid history on Goofbay.
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"