Author Topic: Ebay must surely be running out of nails by now?  (Read 13940 times)

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
Ebay must surely be running out of nails by now?
« on: May 04, 2009, 05:02:57 PM »
Good one ebay...another nail in the coffin?... how many things are left that you can change to piss the members off with?......to bad about the members that deal with oversea's transactions with this new rule.....sheeee's !

01 May 2009 | 11:26AM EST

From the end of May, buyers will have 45 days to lodge a case via the eBay.com.au Resolution Centre for an item not received or significantly not as described, rather than the current 60 day period.

imperfect

Re: Ebay must surely be running out of nails by now?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 05:17:07 PM »
LOL....

**cupie**

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 05:20:51 PM »
Ebay's Innovative disruptions

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 05:24:30 PM »
That must be incorrect. It's currently 45 days...
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 05:33:15 PM »
I think this change along with the new requirement to have a return policy and handling time specified on all listings is probably leading to the introduction of the new eBay Resolution process into Australia.

eBay will take an active role in resolutions. So much for their claim to being just an advertising venue!

eBay AU announcement - return policy and handling time
http://www2.ebay.com/aw/au/200904160946442.html

eBay new Resolution Process FAQs
http://www.auctionbytes.com/cab/cab/abn/y09/m04/i14/s03

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
  • You don't get everything you want at Tello's.
    • facebook
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2009, 07:07:30 PM »
Why is ANYTHING outta ebay a shock, surprise or cause celeb anymore?????

Give it up already.

We are not here to ressurrect the dying ebay...

We ARE here to lament it. Strategize & move on.....

Nothing less will qualify here in MY book........

cyber-shite SUCKS!!!!
"The B@zturd Love Child of Comix & a News Organization"

col52

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2009, 09:31:16 PM »

Give it up already.

cyber-shite SUCKS!!!!

Here lies poor  :ebaysign: lost and forlorn towards it's end, now consigned to the  :sick: of the cyberworld

Karen

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2009, 10:36:14 PM »
Good one ebay...another nail in the coffin?... how many things are left that you can change to piss the members off with?......to bad about the members that deal with oversea's transactions with this new rule.....sheeee's !

01 May 2009 | 11:26AM EST

From the end of May, buyers will have 45 days to lodge a case via the eBay.com.au Resolution Centre for an item not received or significantly not as described, rather than the current 60 day period.

Why is it wrong to make eBay time periods match up with PayPal's? It's a sensible rule change that will result in less confusion for members.

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2009, 10:38:17 PM »

Give it up already.

cyber-shite SUCKS!!!!

Tellomon does the top of the forum page not read  "All discussions - eBay-related consumer-to-consumer topics, online auctions, general discussion"

then why say "Give it up already. We are not here to ressurrect the dying ebay..."

like it or not this is an Ebay discussion / help site... and as such I will discuss any Ebay topics that are of interest to the members...

If you don't want to talk about Ebay topics then please choose another post to reply to... thankyou for your interest...

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2009, 11:00:53 PM »
The point Karen has made is valid - at present the whole business is confusing because in practical terms it's useless having a 60-day period which isn't matched by PayPal's policy of 45 days. That's why I regard the current dispute period as already being 45 days.
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

brumbymg

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2009, 11:09:56 PM »
Consistency between eBay and Paypal would seem to be obvious - but at least it will be, now.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

We do not come here to dance on the grave of eBay - but to express our joint concerns and discuss issues than ensue.

Many of us here still have active interests in the continuation of eBay - we do NOT want to see it shut down. Some of the executive - Yes - but not the site.  We would like to see eBay rescind some of their choices and pay more attention to their clientele, as well as investing some time, effort and (gasp) money in improving support.

All we are doing here is to try and allow those who are new, being less familiar with the pitfalls than other members, seeking help and information - to be able to come to a place where they can be treated as human beings, without risk of dismemberment through the prancing antics of self-interested narcissistic nasty people.

One big difference here is - that if we get it wrong, you are more than likely to get an apology and the correct info supplied before you commit to an errant path.

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2009, 11:17:28 PM »
Well said Brumby!...[ but i Will have the last word! ] that's if mejabo doesn't get there first!

brumbymg

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2009, 11:21:30 PM »
... Have you been sniffing that Illudium PU-36 Explosive Space Modulator again?...!!

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2009, 12:54:52 AM »
... Have you been sniffing that Illudium PU-36 Explosive Space Modulator again?...!!

LOLOLOLOL...errr..no?...why are my pupils dilated?....  :o

col52

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2009, 10:52:43 AM »

Is that IPU 36 ESM for short?

col52

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2009, 10:53:12 AM »

LOLOLOLOL...errr..no?...why are my pupils dilated?....  :o

Mine are!