Author Topic: ELECTION AFTERMATH!!!  (Read 141956 times)

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
Re: ELECTION AFTERMATH!!!
« Reply #400 on: May 14, 2012, 12:57:24 PM »

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #401 on: May 14, 2012, 03:12:34 PM »
I might be wrong, but there appears to be a trend emerging in that poll ^^^^^^

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #402 on: May 14, 2012, 04:46:51 PM »

9789 votes later

bnwt

• Knight of the RT

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #404 on: July 01, 2012, 09:37:33 PM »

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #405 on: October 09, 2012, 11:11:21 PM »
Peter Slipper resigneda speaker today . After he arrowly survived a call for his sacking in view of txt messages being confirmed that he denied as part of his sex scandal with a male staffer ...

So how any speakers will this be for his govt .. 3 I think ? Unprecedented ... Another nail ... Another reasonthat most peope withan ounce of comprehension skills can comprehend why this form of govt is doomed to failure and why it shouldnt have beenallowed  to form in the first place ...  the whole thing has been nothing short of a debarcle IMF

Elantra

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #406 on: October 15, 2012, 11:49:00 PM »
Gee I think I must have heard a different speech from the one that you are talking about.

I found it rather inspiring & uplifting.

"Parliamentarians should ask not 'is this in my party's interest?' but 'is this in my nation's interest?',"

Maybe she should have said.

"Parliamentarians & all Australians should ask not 'is this in my party's interest?' but 'is this in my nation's interest?'"

"Ms Gillard said she understood Mr Abbott's approach.

'And I appreciate it's a strong temptation for a leader of the opposition who came so closely to victory,' she said.

'But I think there'll be a lot of disappointment in our community if that easy option is taken.'

She is correct in that.

She knows he is a misogynist & can't stand the thought that he was beaten by a Woman

"Ms Gillard likened the National Broadband Network (NBN) to the post-World War II plan to build the Snowy Mountains Hydro Scheme 'which, like the NBN, in its time was also decried and attacked by the Liberal Party'."

Yes she is on this Planet, She wants to  bring the Australian people together as one.
Can we do whats best for the Nation?  Nah, no way!

WOW,, two years ago I wrote that.
How does that old saying go?... The more things change, the more they stay the same.
http://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/transcripts/s3611115.htm

I particularly like this, "When you have the likes of Michelle Grattan, Peter Hartcher, Peter van Onselen, Jennifer Hewett, Geoff Kitney, Phillip Coorey, and Dennis Shanahan all spouting essentially the same line in attacking the Prime Minister - a line at odds with the many people's own interpretation of events - people wonder what the point of such journalism is.
"
 Easier being a sheep & following along with the mob then it is to write a balanced story.

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #407 on: October 18, 2012, 11:30:58 AM »

Elantra

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #408 on: October 18, 2012, 11:47:31 PM »
Trala!!

Care to participate in a little wager?

What about $100? The loser donates that amount to Wokkies Marysville rebuilding fund.

Are you game ? :)

More than game.
But I only donate to the RSPCA where I do volunteer work.
So if thats suitable.

But what is Wokkies Marysville rebuilding fund??
poddy
I would still like this to go to the RSPCA

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #409 on: October 19, 2012, 12:25:56 AM »
Hello, Elantra,

I'm reasonably certain your bet is safe - but am I correct in saying it concerned a 3-year term and that we can't definitely determine that until next year?

I think it's obvious Julia Gillard will be carrying through until the election, but while that's the most likely scenario at this stage, it's not 100% guaranteed.
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

***Mr Magoo 2U***

• A. Herm (Magoogle it)
  • Knight of the RT
  • Get Out of My Way Sonny!!!
« Reply #410 on: October 19, 2012, 11:45:46 AM »
Gee I think I must have heard a different speech from the one that you are talking about.

I found it rather inspiring & uplifting.

"Parliamentarians should ask not 'is this in my party's interest?' but 'is this in my nation's interest?',"

Maybe she should have said.

"Parliamentarians & all Australians should ask not 'is this in my party's interest?' but 'is this in my nation's interest?'"

"Ms Gillard said she understood Mr Abbott's approach.

'And I appreciate it's a strong temptation for a leader of the opposition who came so closely to victory,' she said.

'But I think there'll be a lot of disappointment in our community if that easy option is taken.'

She is correct in that.

She knows he is a misogynist & can't stand the thought that he was beaten by a Woman

"Ms Gillard likened the National Broadband Network (NBN) to the post-World War II plan to build the Snowy Mountains Hydro Scheme 'which, like the NBN, in its time was also decried and attacked by the Liberal Party'."

Yes she is on this Planet, She wants to  bring the Australian people together as one.
Can we do whats best for the Nation?  Nah, no way!

WOW,, two years ago I wrote that.
How does that old saying go?... The more things change, the more they stay the same.
http://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/transcripts/s3611115.htm

I particularly like this, "When you have the likes of Michelle Grattan, Peter Hartcher, Peter van Onselen, Jennifer Hewett, Geoff Kitney, Phillip Coorey, and Dennis Shanahan all spouting essentially the same line in attacking the Prime Minister - a line at odds with the many people's own interpretation of events - people wonder what the point of such journalism is.
"
 Easier being a sheep & following along with the mob then it is to write a balanced story.

yes i saw that elantra and thought it was great to see it called for what it is, we need a whole new gaggle of political reporters for sure ones with minds of their own not following some biased poliitcal line like that lot

nice to see you
May the Sprouts be wuth u Oscar .....