Author Topic: eBay Gives Free-Shipping Five Stars with New DSR Policy  (Read 4855 times)

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
eBay Gives Free-Shipping Five Stars with New DSR Policy
« on: August 27, 2010, 11:16:14 AM »
Just saw this on bnwt's thread
http://www.ozroundtable.com/index.php?topic=317.1868

eBay Gives Free-Shipping Five Stars with New DSR Policy

http://blog.auctionbytes.com/cgi-bin/blog/blog.pl?/comments/2010/8/1282855887.html

I wonder if that is for all ebay or just .com? Great idea if it is!

The question in eBay Feedback DSRs is How reasonable were the shipping and handling charges?
We received a 1/2 DSR for a free shipping item a while ago (our first ever 1/2). The price wasn't over-inflated with high postage and there were no other similar items listed on eBay at the time. Not sure how the buyer could honestly respond with a 1 or 2.

shyer

• Knight of the RT
  • from UBB & yib thank you
Re: eBay Gives Free-Shipping Five Stars with New DSR Policy
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 01:41:56 PM »
Reading the FINE print is only with Paypuss and a few other systems that charge to process the money.

I have just started to use paymate on ebay and it is great . No one wants to be bothered joining paymate for one Trade. So it's bank deposit, money orders, ect. just like 10 years ago and no more paypuss charging me to take 180 days to maybe give me my money.

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 03:07:25 PM »
I know there has been a lot of people bleating about this - but there is one hole in the argument.... it assumes the seller will pay the correct postage.

If a seller says 'Free Shipping' and puts $5 postage on an item that should have $10 on it with the buyer copping an extra charge, then the shipping charges DSR does not deserve a 5-star rating.

...or do you just neg the seller for being slack..?

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 05:08:20 PM »
Brum6y, that would be a neg! The current question in the DSRs is "How reasonable were the shipping and handling charges?" Unless they change the wording there should be no rating or 5 star rating for items with free postage, the same way there is no rating for a pick-up only item.

mandurahmum

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 10:50:48 PM »
Brum6y, that would be a neg! The current question in the DSRs is "How reasonable were the shipping and handling charges?" Unless they change the wording there should be no rating or 5 star rating for items with free postage, the same way there is no rating for a pick-up only item.

agree - it should not even be asked with free postage