Author Topic: Postage Calculator??  (Read 11246 times)

imperfect

Postage Calculator??
« on: May 03, 2009, 10:02:42 AM »
Guys, is there any way of disabling the postage calculator for good on my listings..?

I know it reflects what I’m inputting but I would rather it was not there.

Thanks in advance..
 :kisshug:

PS: so happy I have here to ask a silly question, because if you give me curry I know it's in jest..:)

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
Re: Postage Calculator??
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 11:33:12 AM »
Imp, are you using Auctiva, or using eBay's listing templates? If Auctiva, I'm no use at all!

*offers Imp some Thai Green Chili with jasmine rice - hotter than most curries by the measure of one volcano.*
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

imperfect

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 12:08:37 PM »
Hello Countess!

I'm using ebay listing temp..

Oo! yummy curry, why thank you, I do like  nice hot one, was going to my fave place "Hawkers Corner" for tea last night but ended up staying home as my poor old cat got runover and died...poor old girl..she was a pain in my neck, but I still loved her..

So thank you so much for the curry!

*imp sits down with countess to eat, winces..at hotness*

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 12:22:41 PM »
Bear with me, because I'm not a seller, but I think what you will need to do is edit each template you have saved, and go to the section that specifies postage. You'd select the Flat postage option rather than Calculated postage option, and then save the template. (It seems to me that the Flat option is the default if you haven't already specified Calculated, if you create a new listing. I've just checked that, and it's certainly the case with me.)

(If anything I've said is complete and utter tosh, I know an experienced seller will come along and correct this!)

Here's a screenshot:
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

imperfect

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 03:05:03 PM »
Ahh, thank you countess, I will have a look at that, although I think if i do a set shipping amount it will show this as the true postage amount, what I want to do is eliminate it completely..I have looked all over and can't find anywhere it will allow me to but I see others listings don't have postage quotes...mmmmm...???

mmm, nice curry.. :)

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009, 07:05:33 PM »
This was driving me insane... I finally figured it out, Imp.

What you need to do is specify "Fixed price", but don't enter a dollar value. The listing will then appear as Postage: Not specified.

imperfect

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2009, 07:30:25 PM »
OOOOO!!! YOU ROCK!!!!!

WOO HOO!!!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!XXXXXXXX