Author Topic: Would you pay for extended PayPal Seller Protection?  (Read 4862 times)

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
Would you pay for extended PayPal Seller Protection?
« on: August 03, 2010, 10:13:24 PM »
PayPal Mulls Expanded Seller Protection for a Price

http://blog.auctionbytes.com/cgi-bin/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2010/8/1280805542.html

PayPal is conducting a survey to determine how much sellers would be willing to pay for a new seller protection program. PayPal exposed survey respondents to five variations of the program and asked a series of questions after each.

One plan offered expanded seller protection, covering chargebacks and Item Not Received claims, and might cost sellers between .5% - 2% of the transaction value.

Another plan would give sellers credits every time one of their customers used PayPal that the seller could use towards reversing chargebacks or claims with no documentation. Another plan would allow sellers to choose which transaction to cover.

A fourth plan would offer Shipping Protection when using a PayPal Shipping Partner website to ship an item, while a fifth plan would offer Fraud Protection.

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
  • You don't get everything you want at Tello's.
    • facebook
Re: Would you pay for extended PayPal Seller Protection?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 11:02:29 PM »
It's a TRAP!!!

*snipe*
"The B@zturd Love Child of Comix & a News Organization"

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 12:46:59 AM »
It's a TRAP!!!

*snipe*

LOL

"If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!"

- Testing ideas is one thing....
 - Marketing a product is another....
 - Policies can be quite a different animal....
and
 - How Paypal actually run it is something completely unrelated to the above...!

Liisa-Sx

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 10:09:44 AM »
So PayPal strips the majority of rights from sellers then comes up with a new paid self funded protection scheme blatant money grabbing rort to 'help' sellers, rather than fixing the existing problem to assist their bread and butter in an honest and reasonable fashion.

Why am I not supprised.......we need a little more dishonestly in the world /sarasm.
They said there would be cake....and there WAS!

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 10:15:51 AM »
Bugga me! Another 37 pages added to the simplified User Agreement.

This is a wind-up wheels...... right?

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 10:22:04 AM »
Each of the proposals still requires proof of delivery so I can't see why sellers would want to be paying more, unless they are already experiencing a lot of creditcard chargebacks. Seems there would be a market for PayPal protection, that is, protection from PayPal especially in regard to their 'no questions asked' auto refund to buyers, and PayPal's withholding of funds.

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 10:28:15 AM »
Tends to make me wonder whether this idea was an earlier part of 'the grand plan'. Maybe the whiteboard behind the whiteboard. Ebay have basically made a seller's position untenable... given the auto refund policy. Now they cometh forth with a plan that costs.... to fix a policy created problem. I wonder if that means that Ebay and Paypal will be actually investigating the claims .... to further capitalise on their gains?

Liisa-Sx

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2010, 10:38:56 AM »
If they implement this blatant attempt at extortion, I for one will supply the popcorn as we sit back and watch the multitude of legal battles roll in for Paypal and Ebay.

This has got to be one of the shadiest down low proposals they have ever come up with, in short this proves without a doubt they do NOT have a handle on fraud..not only that but if I 'purchase' get sucked into this new rort, will all those chargebacks, snad's and INR's simply go poof? (considering they can't as of now)

What are they going to do?  Send Luigi da knuckle and a few of the boys round to knock on the buyer's door?

John W.T.F Donahoe REALLY is becoming 'The Don'  LOL

Perhaps Paypal and Ebay should change it's name to the Sopranos and Co.

They said there would be cake....and there WAS!

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2010, 11:02:42 AM »
Perhaps Paypal and Ebay should change it's name to the Sopranos and Co.

Not so sure Liisa - the Sopranos, in their own way were honourable people. Not so Ebay...... in any way!