Author Topic: eBay Mid Year Sale  (Read 13713 times)

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
eBay Mid Year Sale
« on: June 02, 2010, 01:27:48 PM »
guess who just got accepted to have some items in the eBay Mid Year Sale ???

I imagine I'll be a millionaire in 5 or 6 days

the most remarkable thing is that they give you a phone number to call .... a phone number to someone in the Sydney office ... a real live person

I have 4 items in the sale

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/New-High-Quality-Black-Oran-Leather-Small-Overnight-Bag-/370383285469?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Men_Accessories&hash=item563c906cdd#ht_2096wt_1139

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/New-Red-Genuine-Oran-Leather-Wallet-Purse-/120567006436?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Women_Accessories&hash=item1c125a84e4#ht_2108wt_1139 .......... this wallet in three different colours

it will be interesting to see how many sell and what sort of increase there is in my store traffic

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
Re: eBay Mid Year Sale
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 02:16:44 PM »
Ooh, I like the wallet. I haven't looked at your other items yet. Do you have a similar wallet with a clip fastener for the coins instead of a zipper?

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 06:25:18 PM »

bnwt........ just remember the little people who got you there when you give your speech as the rich and famous !.... LOL

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 09:40:51 AM »
well

sorry to say my dreams of becoming an overnight internet millionaire did not quite pan out as I was expecting

the first day of being included in the eBay Mid Year Sale saw a 500% increase in my traffic ........ I sold 7 of the black leather bags

and now after 7 days there has not been another single sale ....... in fact my sales of the bag ended up being only 5 - one non payer and one return

still not a single wallet even after around 1000 views

what does this mean ??

other sellers have done similar figures .. a few have sold nothing

but then the hair straightener people sold out ... 100+ units

it goes for another 7 days ........................................ I am no longer holding my breath

[attachment deleted by admin]

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 10:22:45 AM »
well

sorry to say my dreams of becoming an overnight internet millionaire did not quite pan out as I was expecting

the first day of being included in the eBay Mid Year Sale saw a 500% increase in my traffic ........ I sold 7 of the black leather bags

and now after 7 days there has not been another single sale ....... in fact my sales of the bag ended up being only 5 - one non payer and one return

still not a single wallet even after around 1000 views

what does this mean ??

other sellers have done similar figures .. a few have sold nothing

but then the hair straightener people sold out ... 100+ units

it goes for another 7 days ........................................ I am no longer holding my breath

"what does this mean ??"

It's most likely the current climate for trading... Most of the B&M stores report low sales..{ as reported on current affairs programs of late } .... not much can be done I'm afraid but whether the current conditions...  { and pray stupid ebay don't make anymore changes to enhance the buyer experience and make it more complicated in the process...}

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2010, 11:37:52 AM »
bnwt, It's a shame that the number of page views haven't turned into sales. Do you think it's because buyers are looking for something for nothing in the Sales? Do many regular eBay buyers even click on the Sales or Big Deal? I rarely do as I have my bookmark set for MyeBay and skip the big banner ads.

Yibs is right, all the major stores are having big sales at the moment and they are still not meeting sales targets. I think there is a real lack of confidence in the economy at the moment and people are fearful of spending up too big incase they lose jobs or even lose hours of work. Also interest rates are continuing to rise so they may have a bit less to spend on luxuries each month.

I doubt we'll see another cash splash by the government like last year because they obviously stuffed it up last time and now the coin purse is empty.

I suppose all sellers will just have to hang in there until the Tax Refund cheques start arriving in July and burning a hole in buyers pockets or they could wish upon a star that the economy starts to show signs of improving or just go and buy a lottery ticket and cross your fingers!

Roo

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2010, 07:40:24 PM »
I suppose all sellers will just have to hang in there until the Tax Refund cheques start arriving in July and burning a hole in buyers pockets or they could wish upon a star that the economy starts to show signs of improving or just go and buy a lottery ticket and cross your fingers!

That is so true Wheels! I have a huge wish list made up for when I get my Tax Refund....which should be closely followed a few weeks later with a very nice profit sharing payment that will be due.

I have got a nice Laptop for the Lil Roo on the list...a new TV......New Glasses.....And would you believe?! A new wallet!..lol

I have BNWT saved in my favs right now....and if I see anything that is exactly what I am after....I'll get him to hold it aside for me...lol

Warning to BNWT...I want something with lots of compartments...room for about 10 cards.....a zippered coin section....nice wide note sections......preferably Black in colour....but will go for Hot Pink if it has what I want....lol

Oh!  And I need a couple of slots where you can put cute pics of a kid...or a loved one.

Am I asking too much?

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2010, 08:51:34 PM »

Warning to BNWT...I want something with lots of compartments...room for about 10 cards.....a zippered coin section....nice wide note sections......preferably Black in colour....but will go for Hot Pink if it has what I want....lol

Oh!  And I need a couple of slots where you can put cute pics of a kid...or a loved one.

Am I asking too much?

Buyers can never ask for too much ... check with eBay if you don't believe me!

golden

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2010, 12:00:17 AM »
I just wanted to use this thread to apologise to BNWT. I thought she was an EBAY mod cos she uses the same logo and colors, and all those links like on Chrissy morning, I thought were an anal employee, I do like her links !

*Ubbie Max*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
  • Never take a knife to a gunfight
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2010, 06:36:24 PM »
Roo. Don't forget to tell BNWT whether you want a left handed or right handed wallet.

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2010, 07:45:54 PM »
Do you need my "How to" guide....?

shyer

• Knight of the RT
  • from UBB & yib thank you
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2010, 10:36:42 AM »
It's most likely the current climate for trading... Most of the B&M stores report low sales..

This week has been dead for me on ebay lots of lookers and watchers but no buyers. Even the stupid questions already answered in ad have dried up. I even went to my spam folders to see if emails hidding in there. Never sold so many different things and had such low interest.

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2010, 10:43:21 AM »
yesterday my wallets were included the fortnightly eBay mail-out

my traffic surged ..... my biggest traffic day ever

sales were quite good as well

this morning I see my wallets have been included in the daily Super Sale email

http://p.p0.com/YesConnect/HtmlMessagePreview?a=hiR7g-sWhRq8SW-NqjW9j8Uz

I wonder what traffic and sales will be like today

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2010, 01:17:45 PM »
Shyer... I hear green wallets are in vogue !.... LOL

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2010, 03:40:31 PM »
I don't get any wallets - just an "ORAN Black Leather Small Overnight Bag" ... it's the last item on the page - but you ARE there!

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2010, 04:30:24 PM »
that's weird

when I looked this morning it was the wallets

now, like you said it is the overnight bag

interesting to note as of 4:30pm my traffic has been pretty crap and not a single sale all day

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2010, 05:46:29 PM »
Perhaps it's just a part of the dynamic site that it is....

Changing product placements
Changing sort algorithms
Changing policies
Changing their minds
Changing their answers to questions
Changing the rules

I wonder if they change their underwear.....?

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2010, 06:53:52 PM »
the Mid Year Sale ended yesterday

it wasn't that great but I suppose I can't complain either

I ended up doing 12 of the bags and 14 of the wallets

with the bags there was one non payer and one return and there is one woman still to pay for her wallet .. I have already started a NPB dispute

eBay have asked me to be in the Fathers Day sale

considering since Best Match I have hardly sold any mens wallets it's worth a punt

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2010, 07:38:56 PM »
Tags , if you dont mind me asking ..... do they charge you over and above the normal fees or anything or do you have to offer free postage or a sale price or what is the criteria if any ?

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2010, 10:30:41 PM »
they charge just the normal fees but you have to offer free shipping, although they fully understand that the sale price is the price of the item + the postage cost

things have to be discounted and you can't just make them up the alleged price

you have to provide proof of the recommended retail price ... so that you are genuinely offering so many percent off

you also have to sign a contract

all your listing are checked over by 'Trust & Safety' before they go live

like I said in an earlier post you have a real live person to speak with ... you can call the direct number anytime .. I found her to be very helpful and a pleasure to deal with

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2010, 10:35:49 PM »
thank you for that in depth reply ... hope the dads day sale goes well for you

golden

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2010, 11:14:38 PM »
things have to be discounted and you can't just make them up the alleged price

you also have to sign a contract

all your listing are checked over by 'Trust & Safety' before they go live
like I said in an earlier post you have a real live person to speak with ... you can call the direct number anytime .. I found her to be very helpful and a pleasure to deal with

Whats the number???   Do your purses have to be in ebay colours??   So you signed a contract with "Trust and Safety?"  and ebay are now helpful and a pleasure to deal with??" 

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2010, 11:39:29 PM »
Sounds like it's a more commercial proposition - something to which you are invited if you have been able to keep a professional operation running despite the apathy and destructiveness of eBay.

Maybe eBay's logic is, "If you can survive the crap we dish out, then you might be OK to actually deal with on a more formal basis".

Did I just use the words 'eBay' and 'logic' in the same sentence...???   I did, too!  (my bad)

golden

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2010, 12:10:14 AM »
No "my bad" Brumby.  I'm sorry for coming across as sarcastic, nasty, or any other word you may come up with.  I don't know BNWT from the next seller.  I get disillusioned at the "system" where ebay is good and then bad. I would never use ebay colours.  Use a sellers ID as (brand new with tags, its an ebay word, nothing else) yet when it suits some people they go with all those phrases and say life is great, I really don't get it.  If I had the hatred of ebay that most sellers that post religiously, I would never sign their contract or jump back to their side of the fence, just to sell one more item.  Its only my opinion, and I don't mean to upset a regular poster who has fantastic links to all the ebay hate sites, but now I'm reading they've rolled and I'm confused?

I hope it could be discussed as a civilised debate, where each seller says "this is why I changed my mind and went back to ebay"

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2010, 02:43:34 AM »
No Golden - eBay haven't 'rolled' at all.

My take on this is that they have a promotional vehicle they have come up with and need to get participation from sellers to make it work. It is a 'high profile' campaign - with pride of place on their site, so they are going to be rather careful about who they invite.  It is to BNWT's credit that they see him as a seller worthy of participation in such a highly visible exercise - and it is one that needs more care in presenting. As I see it, this is why they would have special screening of product pricing, etc. because eBay will be seen as the promoter and they won't want any negative buyer perceptions. (and we all know how they just love positive buyer attitudes!!!)

At a guess, I would say a significant portion of the contract BNWT had to sign would cover this rather comprehensively.

But - in order for a seller to want to participate, they are going to have to help them through the process for a couple of reasons. First, eBay will want to make sure the seller provides the appropriate material, because this is something the seller won't be familiar with ... and the other is that if they don't, the word would spread very quickly and they wouldn't get any takers.

Nah - eBay haven't rolled at all.  They are just courting sellers for their own ends, in something a little different - which requires a bit more care.

....IMHO.

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2010, 02:55:44 AM »
Also, BNWT doesn't bring a lot of his issues here - but the ones that he has, to me at least, show him to be just as much of a longsuffering seller as a great many others.

I haven't asked about the colouring of his logo - but I might guess it was developed some years ago when eBay was not a dirty word - and the colours borrowed some of 'the vibe, your honour' from the eBay logo.

The fact that eBay is now leaning into the 'dirty word' realm - your negative reaction indicates that association still works, but not in the way originally intended.

golden

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2010, 03:06:45 AM »
OK, Thanks Brumby, Yes it must be an honour to be selected from many millions of sellers and congrats to BNWT for achieving that.  Many years ago Ebay was a fun place to be.  For eg, I would refresh and refresh on a Sunday night at 9.00.p.m. waiting for a certain *wise* person to list their items, it was a highlight of the week.  Something NOT to be missed.  Those days fell away so quickly, I often wonder how I missed the catastrophy unfolding before my eyes.  I want it back...  it wont happen... I'm mad about that, but not as angry as I would be if I were a seller.  Does he sell jousting sticks? .lol.. Cos everything else I bought went straight to the pool room.

HellWest'nCrooked

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2010, 06:56:15 AM »

WOW..glad you got that sorted Golden.....BNWT contribution here is greatly appreciated and valued.
  Most of these people were around when ebay was a good place to be....exactly what brumby said.

Goodmorning by the way,

Westie   :ivanhoe:
Ain't no rhyme or reason
No complicated meaning

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2010, 08:57:05 AM »
My Two Cents Worth

I have the eBay ID  bnwt, use the eBay colours and have a store called Brand New With Tags for the exact reason Golden says, they are all instantly recognisable as eBay .... I also own the domain name www.bnwt.com.au that links directly to my store - makes it a lot easier for my customers to find me .......... just for the record when I start up my independent site it will be completely and totally UNeBay

I do not understand why someone would make the remark that I have "rolled", as though there are sides. Having eBay as a successful ecommerce site suits me because I run my eBay store as a full time business. While there will be endless debate on things that are wrong with eBay it has to said there they are still the worlds biggest ecommerce site and still put customers in my store every day. It does astound me that posters here who utterly loathe and hate eBay devote such time and energy into finding new ways spew venom & bile. Posters that proudly boast they have been banned from eBay. Surely these people should question their loyalty to their squad of odium.

As for the comment "I would never sign their contract" you need to think back to when you created your eBay account, do you recall when you ticked the "I agree" button ...... oh no, you are now bound by the conditions in the 'contract' you just agreed to.

Do you blame eBay for wanting to put forth a professional image to shoppers? Or would rather have some amatuer hour seller with crap photos of shonky urine stained items for sale on the home page. It is plain to see that eBay now has to compete against big time retailers who are catching on that sales can be made online, I think the novelty value of eBay auctions has worn off, they have to provide (oh how I hate the term) 'a positive shopping experience' and that starts with a professional looking listings and is followed up with great customer service.

I feel I have achieved something if my listings & service are considered good enough.

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2010, 10:55:30 AM »
Excellent post Tags ,

Yes eBay has its faults but you can still make it work for you , and there are no alternatives in Australia that are equivilant or better IMO

congratulations on the sales record you have achieved and keep up the good work

I wonder how long it will take a certain self promoting tunnel visioned repetative boring poonce to come along and
declare you as an eBay employee ?  

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2010, 06:06:01 PM »
Perhaps I, too, should make a couple of clarifications....

Firstly, I do not advocate the death of eBay and/or PayPal in any way, however, there are a number of issues that, I believe, are compromising the 'healthiness' of those models. Without going into detail, the ones of greatest concern are those where sellers are unfairly penalised without any recourse - except via the legal system. I would like them to simply become 'more professional' and fairer - but that is going to impact their bottom line now. However, if they don't, I fear it will undermine the small to medium customer base (sellers) that enabled eBay to become what it has. I am not confident that the direction it is being taken will find a replacement that will match the buyer interests in shopping on eBay in preference to Amazon, Bonanzle, etc. as well as Sellers' own websites.

Next, I freely admit to assisting my seller friend in working their eBay business, which includes rationalising some of the negative experiences and observations they become anxious about.

Also, I still buy on eBay - occasionally.

If I were to have anything for sale, I would definitely consider using eBay - but I would do so with a more educated view on what could occur than most.

I have every respect for any seller who can survive the rigours of eCommerce - but with the additional demands on eBay, it takes a special seller to navigate and prosper there.

There is more expression of dissatisfaction with eBay now than I have ever noted before - and that the number of sellers departing has been increasing, for reasons varying from poor sales and increasing overheads to extortion and stress.

While I do not purport to know how to make eBay 'magic' again, I believe the following would make a huge difference:

1. Allow balanced feedback - ie buyers and sellers have the same abilities in leaving feedback (like it used to be). (I would also like to see the growing practice of 'Competitor Dinging' addressed.)
2. Proper investigation and action on INR/SNAD claims
3. Proper buyer education of the effects of DSRs and Feedback.
4. Signing the EFT Code of Conduct wouldn't go astray, either.

The environment eBay is offering for my seller friend is less hospitable than it was and economic viability is falling. They were always going to open up a website to expand their business - but now this has become a prime project to simply maintain it.  The good thing is, the platform for growth will be ready.

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2010, 06:06:41 PM »

I wonder how long it will take a certain self promoting tunnel visioned repetative boring poonce to come along and
declare you as an eBay employee ?  

No comment  ;)

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2010, 06:44:56 PM »
I see many areas where eBay needs improving

the whole user interface is ugly and complicated and very 'last century' ... while the recent tarting up was pleasing they really need to tear it down and start again - unlikely as that would ever be

eBay needs to define what it is ........ on the one hand they are trying to create this 'branded' 'high end' 'fashion' 'retail' shopping experience but at the same time they are peddling utter crap that would be rejected from the Reject Shop ... have a look at the eBay Haul videos in Just for a Laugh

I know this one will cause some contention ....... I think they need to completely do away with feedback - perhaps give sellers some sort of rating ......... say maybe just one lot of 5 stars ........... what other retail experience do you know where there is feedback like on ebay. When you walk around the shopping centre do you see signs nailed to shop doors, "I bought a toaster here but it broke", "the check-out girl here is rude" ... and do you see shoppers with tattoos on their foreheads "she ordered a toaster but didn't pay for it", "a nasty demanding buyer"

just for minute imagine what any supermarket front door would be like if that was the case

give sellers AND buyers three chances ..... if they get three strikes, that's it they are banned forever

as with eBay, paypal needs to provide genuine customer service. I think the concept of paypal is great but the company as I now know is pure evil and I should point out that is now just a matter of 13 days until sellers will no longer be obligated to offer paypal. Funny thing there is still no word about the "check out experience in line with worlds best practice" that was alleged to be offered by that date (July 14th). Someone might want to bring that to the ACCC's attention if it is still the case on that date

I think John Donuhoe is not the right person to run a company like eBay ......... he appears to me to be a politician hiding inside an accountant's body

sadly I think a lot of the people that run eBay have never run a corner shop or a market stall

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2010, 11:37:13 PM »
Where buyers can see a B&M setup, they will gain a certain level of confidence. It's not going to disappear when they blink; there are other shoppers around who are willing to share their experiences; they have faces of staff to look at and body language to observe.

These are factors which are totally absent from eCommerce - unless there is an identifiable B&M behind it - such as Big-W.

Sure, B&M establishments have the 'bad hair day' customers to deal with - but their display is verbal and temporary - with any other customers in the store able to observe the complainant and the staff response.  Written feedback is the equivalent of the sensationalism journalist's view of such events.

While useful in filling-in some of these missing pieces in the eCommerce world, I appreciate the argument that feedback isn't essential.

However, while Feedback and DSRs are used on eBay to impose commercial punishments - and - sellers have no ability for redress, extortion will continue to grow, as will termiting competitors and dumping on a seller because some buyer had a bad hair day.

There is another aspect of the eCommerce world that makes feedback on a venue such as eBay something to be desired by buyers - and that is buyer confidence.  I have seen it said that once you set up your own website, expect to hang in there for 6 months to 2 years before you will be up and running. I see this as being a result of a number of things, however anybody can stroll in on eBay and start selling to the world in under 24 hours. No building up of reputation, word of mouth recommendations, etc. - just join, list and sell.

Feedback at least gives some opportunity for buyers to assess just who they are going to be sending their money to... as long as it is a true reflection of the seller - and not the result of some twisted efforts like extortion.

I appreciate the 'three strikes and you're out' philosophy as a means of keeping order - but the practicalities are problematic. The first is 'What qualifies as a strike?' - followed by 'Who judges that'.  The answers aren't simple.

As for Paypal, I agree with you.  My tip on the payment 'changes' is that there will be a 'glitch' in the roll-out ... and I expect they will string it out for as long as possible. Only when the news is old, people have given up waiting and continued using Paypal and the ACCC or Fair Trading start asking questions, will the facility will be operational - but in a non-announcement of deafening silence.

I think John Donuhoe is not the right person to run a company like eBay .........

sadly I think a lot of the people that run eBay have never run a corner shop or a market stall

I agree. Donahoe's Bains background might be good for running a corporation like Intel - but eBay is a different animal altogether. The market stall experience would be far more appropriate - at least they would understand the engine that drives the beast and work out how to facilitate the development of that.

Bains might provide useful hierarchical techniques for traditional business - but eBay is more like a cooperative ... and I don't know of any cooperatives that flourish under an ignorant dictatorship.

Liisa-Sx

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2010, 01:01:24 AM »
While I do not purport to know how to make eBay 'magic' again, I believe the following would make a huge difference:

1. Allow balanced feedback - ie buyers and sellers have the same abilities in leaving feedback (like it used to be). (I would also like to see the growing practice of 'Competitor Dinging' addressed.)
2. Proper investigation and action on INR/SNAD claims
3. Proper buyer education of the effects of DSRs and Feedback.
4. Signing the EFT Code of Conduct wouldn't go astray, either.

I agree Brum, however eBay have no interest in rectifying the above, as we are all made painfully aware of their catch cry of being "just a venue" as a cop out.

I really would like someone to explain to me HOW eBay can continue to hide under the guise of being 'just a venue' when in actual fact from every perspective this is patently untrue, they dip their fingers into the entire equation so how does this lie remain unchallenged from a legal viewpoint?

There is no way on this earth that John Donahoe would ever have the intestinal fortitude to say out loud that he made a mistake, even though everyone already knows it.

The very fact that PayPal do NOT properly investigate INR or SNAD claims but arbitrarily hand out refunds and Non paying bidders can cause a financial loss to sellers with no fear of any real reprisal, there are NO checks and balances  and frankly the DSR system is a JOKE.
I was discussing the DSR's with a friends Mum the other day and she happily said "Oh I am always kind to Sellers I leave all ones!!! and she smiled brightly.. the poor lady gathered something was wrong when she noticed me gaping at her in silence... I found my voice and kindly explained that by leaving all ONES she was leaving the very worst evaluation possible and could potentially be affecting a sellers ability to stay in business, she was horrified and looked visibly upset, all she could say was 'I didn't know, I didn't know, I thought one meant the best"    says it all really.....
They said there would be cake....and there WAS!

golden

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2010, 04:53:03 AM »
It does astound me that posters here who utterly loathe and hate eBay devote such time and energy into finding new ways spew venom & bile. Posters that proudly boast they have been banned from eBay. Surely these people should question their loyalty to their squad of odium.

If this statement is directed at me, then its not accurate.  

WOW..glad you got that sorted Golden.....BNWT contribution here is greatly appreciated and valued.
  Most of these people were around when ebay was a good place to be....exactly what brumby said.

I asked why someone who posts daily links about ebay, (usually negative or anti ebay) would be wanting to be on their marketing campaign.  I saw that as conflicting.  It has been answered by both Brumby and BNWT.  I feel if I don't ask, then I learn naught.  I entered the forum for exactly that reason, to ask questions and gather knowledge.  I thought they were talking about a new contract and that something significant had changed to cause this reversal of sentiment.  I am mistaken and more than willing to apologise if I have upset them.

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2010, 08:21:06 AM »
golden

no, that statement was not directed at you

as for my alleged conflict of interest, my daily posts are a collection of the current stories about eBay that appear in the media. While I have editorial control as to what links I choose I do not set out to find only negative stories and anyone else is welcome to post to any story they might find

my reasoning in maintaining this role, which I have done on a daily basis since the time of the paypal rebellion, is to keep readers informed and sometimes entertained ... you yourself said you entered the forum to "gather knowledge"

I honestly can't understand why you'd see some form of conflict of interest between doing that and taking part in an eBay marketing campaign