Author Topic: Am I Retarded ??  (Read 6055 times)

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
Am I Retarded ??
« on: June 28, 2010, 06:11:17 PM »
can someone please explain this to me

is it true that 57% of buyers prefer Buy It Now or Auctions  ????

[attachment deleted by admin]

*Ubbie Max*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
  • Never take a knife to a gunfight
Re: Am I Retarded ??
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 06:14:36 PM »
Yeah Bnwt. What do the 43% want? I thought there was only a choice of, either, Buy It now or Auction.

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 06:23:29 PM »
what that means is that 57% of the sellers  surveyed said they want more info on whether buyers prefer BIN or auction ....this is not the result of consulting the buyers !!!

They havent got that far yet

as per usual you have to be pissed or able to translate pidgeon Swahili ( a skill I learnt over many years of managing transport companies and dealing with Neanderthals truckies )to understand eBay lingo ..... go and have a drink or ten Tags and then you will get it !!!

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 06:38:18 PM »
Ah so, Smee, I see! These are the questions to be asked of the Buyers.

I notice the BIG questions are not there!

Do you find Best Match is your Best Match? and
Do you understand how to change the default search to Ending Soonest/Lowest price+post?

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 06:41:16 PM »
That sounds like the results of a survey eBay took - so they could ask buyers intelligent and relevant questions.

EBay doesn't have the skill or knowledge - so they asked the sellers ... but you can bet eBay will either play the big wonderful interested corporate 'buddy' if it comes across positively - or - blame the sellers for demanding eBay hassle the buyers, if it comes across negatively.

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 06:46:01 PM »
no Whels , well they wouldnt want to ask buyers those questions would they , that would be far far too logical a question to ask , the whole idea is to complicate the questions and the responses as much as possible so as to cause as much confusion as possible so that they can continue to baffle people with

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2010, 06:46:16 PM »
There's also no reference to what seems to be the biggest complaints from sellers - NPBs, buyers leaving negative feedback without contacting sellers about any problems and DSRs.

Is eBay too scared to ask the hard questions?

Or do they not want to admit that there are faults with the 'venue'?

HellWest'nCrooked

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2010, 06:52:14 PM »

Crikey.........you would think a woman ran ebay........talk about complicate things.

I am retarded  (i'm sure) BNWT but I am positive I would have gone about this another way.
Ain't no rhyme or reason
No complicated meaning

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2010, 06:58:05 PM »
I dont think these questions are actually going to be asked of the buyers .... As I understand it the answers/info  will be provided by eBays sales and page hit  statistics and are supposed to be then used as an aid to sellers as to how to go about doing their listings .... ie aiming at the  buyers that statisically says get the best results

Liisa-Sx

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2010, 02:04:27 AM »
I don't think these questions are actually going to be asked of the buyers .... As I understand it the answers/info  will be provided by eBay's sales and page hit  statistics and are supposed to be then used as an aid to sellers as to how to go about doing their listings .... ie aiming at the  buyers that statisically says get the best results

So what your saying Smee is EBay will be fudging the figures to appease the shareholders and continuing down the fail path.

I am still in awe how anyone with half a firing synapse at EBay can still even vaguely entertain the fact that Donahoe's innovative disruption, best match and assorted BS is worth s**t.

So much more BS these days.
They said there would be cake....and there WAS!

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2010, 05:00:13 AM »

So what your saying Smee is EBay will be fudging the figures to appease the shareholders and continuing down the fail path.

... ahhh, yes. 

Now that they know the hard questions that can be asked, they can get their spin doctors to design answers...