Author Topic: I got ripped off AGAIN!!  (Read 4313 times)

surf-inside

I got ripped off AGAIN!!
« on: June 26, 2010, 04:26:25 PM »
Local buyer purchases an Apple iPod from me on 6/11.  I was preparing to ship the item but the buyer emailed and insisted on picking up the item because I missed the delivery window and he gave me a story about how he needed it for his son's birthday.  So he picked up the item from me, at the store, and then on 6/25 I get a dispute filed in Paypal from the buyer's bank.  He made the purchase using a closed bank account.  When I emailed him, he stated that the funds cleared his bank two weeks earlier, but Paypal sent me documentation by email stating that the funds were sent to me from a bank account that was closed.  Confronted with this he is now refusing contact with me.  I know his work and home address (if he hasn't moved) and I plan to file a police report and see if I can press charges against him for theft of merchandise / stolen merchandise using a payment from a closed bank account.  To make things worse, works for the California Teacher's Association, supposedly.  I did get his license plate number on his vehicle.  I have lost 1300.  I cant believe it took so long for the payment to reverse, 14 days, between the time he paid and the dispute was filed by his bank.  I am so sick of the fraud on Ebay, it has put me under water so many times but at this point I am in the hole and owe so much money to ebay and paypal, I can't stay in business any longer.

I'm so livid and angry.  And Paypal took away the feature that allows you to issue a refund and then get the money put back into your account (probably thanks to my big mouth on the Paypal board about my posting)

I am so poor as a result of the fraud that has taken place on my account.  And disillusioned by the number of thieves and people without any morals.  It just makes me sick to my stomach.   My rent money GONE, my ebay fees money, GONE.  Me, GONE....

:(
Mike

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
Re: I got ripped off AGAIN!!
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 05:30:10 PM »
GEEEEEEEEZ Surf! This sort of thing is sooooo bluddy unfair! The buyer is a crook, no doubt, but the system allows and arguably encourages him to be so. Why anyone would want to be a seller under these circumstances is beyond me.... the risks.... the disappointment.... the potential financial loss. Go with the Police report - and please let us know here how you get on. Hang in there!

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2010, 06:17:42 PM »
All local - no jurisdiction issues for the police. Even Paypal H.O. is in California.

I see a jugular just waiting to be bitten ... hard!

callostemma

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 10:10:47 AM »
 :grouphug:
  hang in there .

emptyheadted

• Knight
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2010, 07:37:48 PM »
you have his address and car licence plate, you lucky bu***r, enjoy i  know i would