Author Topic: changes to Aust Post registration procedures and effect on paypal  (Read 4955 times)

wyzeguy60

As most of you are probably aware Aust Post has gone to a new form for single and multiple registered post articles.
This means no more yellow forms and as a sender YOU get to keep the white form. Aust Post does not keep a copy at all.
So my question is

1 - are paypal aware of this change.

I submitted a multiple form today. They ( AP ) signed and stamped it but when I checked the receipt all I could see was generic label $1.65 ( I pre pay my registered labels ) with no postcode.
How on earth does this prove to anybody that you have in fact sent their item.
Previously I had a yellow duplicate - AP had the original.
Paypal would request yellow form - all done and dusted ( most of the time ).
Is it now dependant on online tracking 100%. If so many post offices do not scan at point of sale therefore the item would not be trackable until delivered - paypal would crucify you if it wasn't in the system.
I can see problems here. Maybe I am too pessimistic.

That Varieties Gal

• Knight of the RT
Re: changes to Aust Post registration procedures and effect on paypal
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 09:38:29 PM »
I sent a registered post item the other day and I have a slip just the same as the one that gets torn off the pre-paid registered letter, with postee adress etc on it
I kept that - it's stamped by the PO & has the article number sticker attached. Not sure what your form looks like
Wouldn't that be sufficent proof of post for Paypal?

wyzeguy60

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 10:30:19 PM »
hi Robbie, it is mainly the multiple registered article sheet. All you get to keep is the original form that you filled out plus a generic post office receipt. There is no actual copy of the form held by post office and you don't get a receipt showing that an item was sent to postcode blah blah like we used to.
If I was approached by paypal to prove postage all I have is my paperwork with no copy held at post office for verification.
Where it gets difficult for a seller is when the post office fails to " lodge " the article. It may not show as sent until delivered at address which could be 7 to 10 days later in some cases. Lodging appears to be the only real proof that you have posted - if this doesn't occurr and the buyer gets uncomfortable, they could lodge an INR dispute.
It could also prove difficult in the rare event that a registered parcel goes missing before " lodgement " occurrs. Your original copy is the only proof that you have to make a claim against Australia post. IMO they could deny lodgement occurred and you are out of pocket.

Difficult to explain but I can assure you a number of small post offices and some of the busier medium sized offices still don't lodge your article even though they are supposed to. They simply get thrown in a bin and sent off at end of day. Not all sorting centres scan progressive delivery either so it is possible for an article to " completely disappear " so to speak until it arrives at it's destination.

I hope this makes sense.

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 10:53:09 PM »
Wyze, maybe the multiple posting sheet is being phased out along with the old duplicate forms? My PO has still accepted the old single forms but have asked me to change over to the new slips.

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 11:14:35 PM »
Somebody put this up on the eBay Answer Centre: New Australia Post Lodgement Receipt

Image is in the second post.

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 11:16:38 PM »
Brum6y, bnwt also posted a pic here on the Aus Post thread. Do you know whether Aus Post are retaining the multiple items Reg Post sheet?

wyzeguy60

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 12:12:10 AM »
hi wheels, the form I filled out today for multiple registered articles was the new form. I have a few of the single ones as well

;D

Bellagina

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2010, 11:13:33 PM »
hi Robbie, it is mainly the multiple registered article sheet. All you get to keep is the original form that you filled out plus a generic post office receipt. There is no actual copy of the form held by post office and you don't get a receipt showing that an item was sent to postcode blah blah like we used to.
If I was approached by paypal to prove postage all I have is my paperwork with no copy held at post office for verification.
Where it gets difficult for a seller is when the post office fails to " lodge " the article. It may not show as sent until delivered at address which could be 7 to 10 days later in some cases. Lodging appears to be the only real proof that you have posted - if this doesn't occurr and the buyer gets uncomfortable, they could lodge an INR dispute.
It could also prove difficult in the rare event that a registered parcel goes missing before " lodgement " occurrs. Your original copy is the only proof that you have to make a claim against Australia post. IMO they could deny lodgement occurred and you are out of pocket.

Difficult to explain but I can assure you a number of small post offices and some of the busier medium sized offices still don't lodge your article even though they are supposed to. They simply get thrown in a bin and sent off at end of day. Not all sorting centres scan progressive delivery either so it is possible for an article to " completely disappear " so to speak until it arrives at it's destination.

I hope this makes sense.

It makes perfect sense, and is what happens at my local PO agency. The items do not get scanned in until they reach Newcastle- and I have had a registered, insured and sign on delivery item go missing prior to being scanne din!
Luckily it was in the "old" days, so the yellow form covered me, but I do wonder what would happen now

With parcels, I have been assured that the postcode on the receipt, with the weight of the item, is sufficient for the post office.
I have no idea if it is sufficient for paypal though.