Author Topic: RIP Archived Boards :(  (Read 15562 times)

Father Jack

RIP Archived Boards :(
« on: April 30, 2009, 12:26:40 PM »
Well, they've gone, and with them all the helpful information and friendly banter.

I hope that everyone saved the important ones  ;)

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
Re: RIP Archived Boards :(
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 12:50:52 PM »
So much is lost... and it's awful to see this loss. The helpful information there was incalculably valuable.

"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 01:03:06 PM »
So... the liquidators have come, destroyed the evidence and gone...

But there is hope for the future, through this site the Knights will still be a thorn in the beast's side!... and when the day arrives to mass the troops against the Tyranny.. guess what, This will be the launching pad for the assault!, the beast will not be able to silence the knights this time!.. I look forward to that day !

:pirateship:

regulus*

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 01:59:02 PM »
Goodbye  :'(

night-hawk-1

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 02:04:18 PM »
Only someone like eBay would want to hide the help its community provided and prevent its members from getting real help.

da_ewok

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
    • It Ain't Always My Life!
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 02:07:05 PM »
I would love to see their year end gross profit - and then cross reference it to the year prior to that etc etc

Because I think there will have a big difference - for a comparisiont to be made it would have to be apples with apples and that means ebay v ebay - not ebay/paypal v ebay/paypal/skype

I reckon BIG difference and in a southerly direction :(

Pity Ebay used to be so good for both buyers and sellers - they have decimiated it and destroyed the AU community spirit that supported them and made them money - now it is losing them money
"I've just been in a bad mood for 40 years"

http://www.marysvillecookbook.com/ $7,800 **Raised as at 22nd March 2013**
Photos by Enigma - Iphone cases too! :D http://www.redbubble.com/people/photosbyenigma

gr8-expectations

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2009, 02:18:03 PM »
yup agree guys very sad day all that helpful info just gone, the diversity is going out of it fast, they sure know how to lose customers and have not made the link between sellers offering variety and original things and their bottom line - all that to their detriment, foolish practice business wise, they HAD a goldmine

col52

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2009, 04:34:19 PM »
 :'(

ebay community  :snipe:

col52

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2009, 04:35:00 PM »
I would love to see their year end gross profit - and then cross reference it to the year prior to that etc etc

Because I think there will have a big difference - for a comparisiont to be made it would have to be apples with apples and that means ebay v ebay - not ebay/paypal v ebay/paypal/skype

I reckon BIG difference and in a southerly direction :(

Pity Ebay used to be so good for both buyers and sellers - they have decimiated it and destroyed the AU community spirit that supported them and made them money - now it is losing them money

You can check some figures out here ewok: http://www.ozroundtable.com/index.php?topic=189.0

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
  • You don't get everything you want at Tello's.
    • facebook
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2009, 09:17:23 PM »

"The B@zturd Love Child of Comix & a News Organization"

Primaryaim

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2009, 10:19:00 PM »
Telloman, I am getting the idea you are not impressed with eBay?

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2009, 10:35:27 PM »
Impressed: NO!

Depressed: Yes.

But I LOVE my sellers!!!!!

Checkout my feedback:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=898sarahg&ftab=AllFeedback&sspagename=STRK:ME:UFS

Primaryaim

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2009, 10:48:21 PM »
It is depressing. I stopped selling 12 months ago because I disagreed with the manipulation of paypal, hidden bidders, DSRs etc. etc. When they treat me with respect I will go back. I am the customer.

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2009, 10:48:28 PM »
And your sellers love YOU.

eBay has a great idea, and it would be good to see that great idea nurtured again - which means getting in touch with the incredible input and ideas and work and blood and sweat of all the members who made eBay such a wonderful site in the first place.

Any problems eBay is experiencing could well be related to how they treat their customers.

Therefore:  :ebay: :please: :help:
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2009, 11:02:12 PM »
I feel the "E-Love"!!!

Well worth the price of admission.... ;D

night-hawk-1

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2009, 11:05:40 PM »
I just had a look at the AAM bord

I cant believe what some people that are asking for help are being told.

I am wondering if its a setup to get helpers to reply its that bad

just have a look at the advise given by a expert and suposed educator http://forums.ebay.com.au/topic/Ask-A-Member/Nasty-Threat-From/600116939

Primaryaim

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2009, 11:10:06 PM »
It was a bit of a worry Hawk, almost the RT all over again. It seems everyone thinks they are right. There was a worse one about posting further down.

Someone suggested putting their parcel in a post box and not over the counter because you could get away with excess weights. No one called them on that statement so it seems it is ok for members to direct other members to do something illegal and fraudulent without question now. Terrible

night-hawk-1

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2009, 11:22:08 PM »
perhaps the plan is to allow it to get so bad they can justify removeing all the boards.

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2009, 11:26:47 PM »
perhaps the plan is to allow it to get so bad they can justify removeing all the boards.

Oh...sabbotage, eh?

That's Par on eBay's course.

(Right up there with "hidden bidders' ID" and one-sided FeedBack.....)

Numb!

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2009, 05:07:55 PM »
You guys familiar with the Wayback Machine?

http://www.archive.org/web/web.php

http://www.onlinemag.net/mar02/OnTheNet.htm

Most websites are archived there.  I've pulled up copies of sites from years ago.  If you have the URL of any of the old boards, you might still be able to see at least some of them.

col52

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2009, 05:33:14 PM »
ooohhhhh, I like

I had a sticker like that with the word "boss" and stuck it up at a place where I used to work when I was in UK  :devil:

Not that I'm controversial or anything  :P

tellomon, I like your feedback, you can buy from me anytime! LOL

It is depressing. I stopped selling 12 months ago because I disagreed with the manipulation of paypal, hidden bidders, DSRs etc. etc. When they treat me with respect I will go back. I am the customer.

Prim, unfortunately, ebay seems to have forgotten that!

ebay had a good idea, it worked whilst people felt part of a community. When they began to treat the community badly, create mistrust between seller/buyer (between genuine folk that is), divide the community then favour some it all began to fall apart.
The mistrust issue could have been resolved without scaring the comunity by proper "policing" of the site - by verifying buyers and sellers for a start.

col52

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2009, 05:33:36 PM »
I just had a look at the AAM bord

I cant believe what some people that are asking for help are being told.

I am wondering if its a setup to get helpers to reply its that bad

just have a look at the advise given by a expert and suposed educator http://forums.ebay.com.au/topic/Ask-A-Member/Nasty-Threat-From/600116939

Dreadful