Author Topic: Paypal help needed  (Read 8618 times)

lacey

• Knight of the RT
Paypal help needed
« on: May 27, 2010, 04:45:31 PM »
Hi all, I just bought a kids DVD which is located in USA and tried to pay with Paypal but, when I clicked the comfirm button, it won't go any further until I add credit card details and this I refuse to do.  Never been asked this before and refusing to do so now. 

I logged on to paypal and it's already there that I have bought it but, when I go back to ebay it's not in my 'won' list.  No matter how many times I click confirm, I can't go any further.

Anyone got any ideas?
Money can't buy happiness, but it sure makes misery easier to live with.

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
Re: Paypal help needed
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 10:40:20 PM »
Lacey, have you purchased from the US before?

Is there a requirement perhaps from the seller to sell only to someone with a verified or confirmed PayPal account/address?

Might this have some bearing on the sudden requirement to add credit card details?

If so, there are some possibilities.

1. If you have a debit card, you can add those details. Only add money to the account just before you're putting through the payment.
 2. You can add your credit card details, then remove them when you've completed the purchase.
 3. You can give the money to someone who has their card details already on their PayPal account, and have them pay for your item (making sure they've added your address in their PayPal address book of course).
 4. You can scream.
 5. You can go and polish your toenails while telling yourself you didn't want the DVD anyway.
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

HellWest'nCrooked

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 02:09:31 PM »

Lacey  sometime back I bought off ebay and went to pay via paypal which was my only option and couldn't get past the first base..I had to open an account with a credit card which I refuse to do.....is this the same thing?
I thought with paypal you could make a one off payment and be done with it but now they want an account opened...........not for this black duck.
Westie
Ain't no rhyme or reason
No complicated meaning

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 03:18:12 PM »
Westie , are you a Duck too ? or are you just saying that hoping that Smee might be interested ?

Hermit

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 12:50:05 PM »
Does the item say something like "immediate payment required" or something to that effect? I've noticed a lot of these from stuff I buy from Hong Kong and they seem to be only available to CC or debit card funded paypal users. Now that I have a debit card I am able to purchase these where before I wasn't.

surf-inside

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2010, 03:47:43 AM »
Countessa, I like option # 5 :)

This is an issue you should escalate to paypal customer service. Then they will probably route you to ebay. who will then route you back to Paypal.  Left hand doesn't always talk to the right hand.  Except where money is concerned.  But as I have discovered, there is a language barrier between the left and right hands and you can get around these obstacles.