Author Topic: PayPal aims to double non-eBay business.........targetting charities, etc.,  (Read 15538 times)

night-hawk-1

North Sydney Council was the first council to integrate PayPal within its website, giving local residents and property owners the ability to pay their rates online without sharing their financial information.

And how do they propose people will use paypal without sharing their financial information with Paypal.

A company that refuses to be party to the EFT code of conduct and refuses to guarantee its users financial protection.

Hmmm a hard one, do I trust my local council that has an office near by that I can bang on its counter and see a real person or do I trust a foreign corp that ignores the laws of the land.

Gee I will need to think about that for at least 1 second

Father Jack

I like the idea of filing an 'item not as described' on the council rates  :evil:

col52

I like the idea of filing an 'item not as described' on the council rates  :evil:

Oooooooh! I never thought of that, so do I !  :evillaugh:

.................or even, a "not received" !

brumbymg

I thought about the INR claim too.

Would they have 'proof of posting/delivery' ???

col52

Would they have 'proof of posting/delivery' ???

No  :devil:

illuminati

If you send the payment, you wont be able to make any claim...a claim can only be made if they send you a request for payment. If you choose to "SEND MONEY" via paypal, you relinquish any "buyer" protection.

"Buyer" protection for ebay is available because it is linked to the sale.

If you are paying via the council website, then they will have created an invoice and then such claims may be eligable...

But Paypal reserves the right to not provide such protection...you can be sure councils will be among the exempt.