Author Topic: Overseas sellers taking over eBay! Just having a little whinge...  (Read 4352 times)

White Witch

Just thought I'll have a little whinge in here. I'm paying eBay extra dollars each month to have my eBay store Featured (my store name is supposed to pop up in 1 of the 4 spots for Featured stores at the left hand side of the Handbags category, but I haven't seen my store in there (even though I'm still paying like everyone else) in weeks!

How can I compete with the 4 stores from China that have 500 and 700 items listed at the moment! They're hogging the 4 spots!  :vent: :drama:

Doeas anyone really buy from sellers who can't even write english? This is one of their store headers:

Welcome to donfamilystore ! when you choice a purse or shoes ,do not forget go to our store have a search our another production .Special do not miss have a look "speicl offer" item!!

What? I beg you pardon? Sorry don't understand! You might be hogging my spot, but I won't be buying from anyone with such poor grammar as yours!  :neener:

Rant over, Feel free to have your whinge...  :console:

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
Re: Overseas sellers taking over eBay! Just having a little whinge...
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 10:38:32 AM »
I am in total agreement ... certain categories are simply over run with Chinese sellers offering junk

my pet gripe is when the title says "Red Blah Blah Blah Leather Handbag"

but you need to go quite deep in the listing to see it further described as PU Leather  .. PU = polyurethane

by my definition and that of any dictionary I can find : LEATHER is "the skin of an animal, with the hair removed, prepared for use by tanning or a similar process designed to preserve it against decay and make it pliable or supple when dry". ... not plastic

but then have a look at this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pnNBH642BY when there are buyers out there like that (and I think there are plenty of them) it's in eBay's best interest to have chinese sellers

White Witch

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 11:45:46 AM »
Ah yes, I guess sellers really have to get their gloves out  :boxing: to get into the new Worst Match search results!

I use the words faux leather in the title, so my items come up to compete with the rest. But there's another handbag seller that puts so many keywords in her listings is annoying! To sell a new handbag, she'll write on the title:

Vintage handbag wedding dress medium size 10 new

It makes me want to email them and ask: what the hell are you selling; handbags or wedding dresses?  :tazdev:

It's ridiculous!

Liisa-Sx

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 10:31:51 AM »
If you see listings that are full of keyword spamming it is worth it to report them, at least in the short term, with a little luck and a healthy dose of optimism Ebay may remove them lol

I have noticed that spamming is on the rise, despite The "bays' assurances it would be cracking down on those that indulge.
They said there would be cake....and there WAS!

White Witch

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 10:46:03 AM »
I don't think ebay care lately. Lisa! I reported 2 Jimmy Choo inspired wallets twice from a seller that is selling them for big dollars, over $100 for fake wallets. Ebay have just ignored my reports. I don't think they're going to care about keyword spamming if they don't care about fake items!

Apparently they're too busy removing my no name listings (that happen to have a blank Prada triangle), to worry about anyone else!

Besides..... I only report either sellers that copy my listings (that pisses me off), or others that do much worse offences than me (like listing fake items for big dollars) and ebay turn a blind eye to them!

No news about the prada triangle yet???