Author Topic: Collectors Corner  (Read 29247 times)

LiisaSx

Collectors Corner
« on: April 29, 2009, 05:31:51 PM »
I thought there might be some interest in a Collectors Corner, a place where people can show off their latest acquisitions, and also ask for help in tracking down that elusive item, antique, vintage or otherwise or even get advice on markings or pieces.

There was a similar thread in the Antiques & Collectables section on EBay that proved very popular and I loved seeing others collections and wonderful finds it was great place for information.

So ask away, show off your Pictures (lots of pictures are good lol) or get some help in tracking down the Holy grail!  :yess:

stemschicky

Re: Collectors Corner
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 05:36:50 PM »
Hi Lisa, I am currently collecting (thats my excuse anyway lol) Wheels and Dollbaby Singlets!

I have about 8 at the moment, my faves are the F*?k Off Im With the Band, & F*? Fashion this is Style

Centuries

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 05:39:23 PM »
Good idea :bounce:

“I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, because I'm not myself, you see”  Lewis Carroll

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 06:05:55 PM »
Stand by with cameras, everyone, so that you can make sure your posts are delicious and luscious. (Help make this thread not too slow-loading, though, by reducing file size to a reasonable level.)

Great idea for a thread, LiisaSx.
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

stemschicky

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 06:10:08 PM »
what is a good size to make pics? I dont really know how to do that

Poddy

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2009, 06:14:21 PM »
I have a huge collection of Classic Slaps

Does that qulify?

I an thinking of exhibiting them and giving people a good belly laugh

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2009, 06:27:01 PM »
The etiquette is 100kb as the absolute maximum, but you can generally bring it down to 30-40kb without affecting web resolution much.
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2009, 06:27:57 PM »
Poddy, if you feel inspired to make a montage of them... by all means...

I have some gorgeous items won through eBay, although the majority of my collectibles I now get through other sources.

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2009, 06:38:04 PM »
If you use photobucket, you can choose to upload a clickable thumbnail pic instead of the full size pic.

Just go to Link Options at the bottom of the 4 link choices, click, and then select the thumbnail link under IMG for Bulletin Boards/Forums

full size

clickable thumbnail

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2009, 06:41:57 PM »
sorry Prim, do you want me to delete my panda?

Primaryaim

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2009, 06:44:57 PM »
No worries Wheels, I deleted mine :)

I was so proud of it I wanted to leave it for at least a minute as I don't often get a chance to show what nano-minute knowledge I have  :rofl:

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2009, 06:48:50 PM »
 :t2:

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
  • You don't get everything you want at Tello's.
    • facebook
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2009, 09:40:14 PM »
I have been collecting drums and cymbals (buckets and pies) for nearly 5 years. Most of what I got is from eBay, where "all the deals are gone, and I have them all".

http://www.rontello.com/gallery.html

:t2:
"The B@zturd Love Child of Comix & a News Organization"

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2009, 09:42:56 PM »
I have to ask... Did you just sit there in front of your computer, getting Word and eBay confused, continually clicking onto "Insert cymbal" instead of "Insert symbol"?

gr8-expectations

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2009, 09:43:58 PM »
tellomon have you issued your neighbours with earmuffs?

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2009, 09:45:44 PM »
No...to both questions.  ;D

Lady Rose

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2009, 12:15:16 AM »
I collect carnival Glass have about 50 items, running out of room LOL

Poddy

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2009, 12:47:40 AM »
tellomon,

You dont happen to have Carl Palmers stainless steel set do you? or perhaps somthing of Sandy Nelson, Gene Krupa or Buddy Rich

I once aspired to be a famous drumer but alas my career was cut short by dropping my first set of sticks down the wall cavity and I couldnt afford a second set.

Poddy

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2009, 12:49:52 AM »
Rosie for a moment I thought you wer collecting carnivals, that would chew up the room in no time flat

imperfect

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2009, 08:35:26 AM »
OMG!!!!

Dude, YOU REALLY DO ROCK!!!!!!!!!!

How cool!!!

imperfect

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2009, 08:38:54 AM »
Here is a small part of my collection, my fave all time toys are Schuco, German made toys from 1920-30.

[attachment deleted by admin]

LiisaSx

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2009, 08:58:16 AM »
Nice collection Imp!! How long did it take you to collect them all?

I'll put some of my pics and recent finds up soon.

*barny*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2009, 11:00:15 AM »
I am currently buying some car bumper badges.. Like NRMA, RAC, AA, Club badges Etc.

If you have any that you wish sell... Send me the details, I may be interested.

Cheers
If you try to fail, and succeed, what have you done ??

imperfect

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2009, 11:15:12 AM »
I'll keep an eye out Barny.

I've been collecting for around 18 years now, my collection has grown considerably since me finding eBay though.

Love the really early toys, teddies and dolls, wind ups and books. I also love women's things, sewing and letters, perfume and unusual bits. Post cards and photos too. :)) okay, everything...heheheh

gr8-expectations

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2009, 12:21:52 PM »
good morning all, interesting collection impy love all those things too even though not typical guy things, you have certainly amassed some highly collectible items. I have a lot here as well but not the german dolls or anything like that, they are highly sought after when they come up for auction, I have one interesting old Australian item I just sold which I will post images of when the sale is finalized, must have been very rare as there was a lot of bidding and would love to get some feedback as to exactly which year it was.

Lady Rose

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2009, 12:27:17 PM »
Poddy dont collect Carnivals, but sometime I seem to be surrounded by Clowns.
I dont like clowns, something about there makeup, I feel there is something not nice underneath.
One must have scared me when I was young

gr8-expectations

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2009, 12:30:48 PM »
Does anyone here know anything about gold markings please? I got an interesting gold ring this week in a very interesting pattern with what looks like small diamonds set in it, very small ones, it is marked/stamped "375" and i have no idea whether that is a gold marking or not, does anyone have experience in that area? Mainly I collect and sell books so not my area of expertise.

gr8-expectations

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2009, 12:56:50 PM »
lady rose i messaged you about the ring, thought you might know something as you know gold

imperfect

« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2009, 02:06:57 PM »
Does anyone here know anything about gold markings please? I got an interesting gold ring this week in a very interesting pattern with what looks like small diamonds set in it, very small ones, it is marked/stamped "375" and i have no idea whether that is a gold marking or not, does anyone have experience in that area? Mainly I collect and sell books so not my area of expertise.

Gr8 your ring is 9ct gold, its a modern stamp to state its purity of gold. it's impossible to tell if a stone is genuine even with a diamond tester, you need a Moissanite  + diamond tester to be more certain. ;)

I'd love to see you Aussie treasure too gr8, if you like you can message me with a piccy???

gr8-expectations

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2009, 02:10:48 PM »
ok will message you now impy and thanks for the info, will post the piccy of the aussie item when the person has paid don wanna spook it lol, was heavy bidding on it

gr8-expectations

« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2009, 02:15:41 PM »
thanks for the other info impy and also thanks lion, i know nothing about gold except its yellow and shiny...

Lady Rose

« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2009, 02:54:34 PM »
That oK g8 375 9ct Gold

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2009, 09:53:36 PM »
tellomon,

You dont happen to have Carl Palmers stainless steel set do you? or perhaps somthing of Sandy Nelson, Gene Krupa or Buddy Rich

I once aspired to be a famous drummer but alas my career was cut short by dropping my first set of sticks down the wall cavity and I couldnt afford a second set.

Nothing from Carl, but check this out: I have a 7" paper-thin splash from the Krupa Collection...very pricey;
I have a (get this) 24" Paiste CRASH from the Ian Paice Collection, and a 30" Stagg Dual-Hammered Ride Super, that was made just for me (cuz there were none on the world market at the time).

If you go to the Gallery at my website, & scroll down to the 4th of July Parade Float..you'll see the 40" Yamaha Bass Drum. That was made exclusively for me, also.

Yeah, I got stuff. Thx for asking.

And yes: I DO ROCK!!!!!!

:banana:

shhhh...notsirguitardave

« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2009, 02:29:18 AM »

Hi Knights, This is part of my BlackAdder collection. I bought the signed book many years ago at an
official Comic Relief Charity auction held in the UK. There were only 2 sold, one with 7 signatures and one with 8,
mine is the latter.
The photos have genuine siggies too. They were bought through some great eBay sellers.
They always bring a smile to my face as I am a silly bugga.
Hope you guys enjoy the pic.

brumbymg

« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2009, 02:43:27 AM »
tellomon - if you ever do a gig in Sydney, I'd love to check out your kit...

But don't expect an invite back to my place for practice.

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2009, 03:01:59 AM »
tellomon - if you ever do a gig in Sydney, I'd love to check out your kit...

But don't expect an invite back to my place for practice.

Yer joking, right? My kit is not going anywhere. It's bolted to the stage.

I have another kit that'll travel, but I don't get out much. ;D

Primaryaim

« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2009, 09:36:48 AM »
Shhhhh, great collection. I like silly buggas too

imperfect

« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2009, 09:48:16 AM »
Very cool shhhh!!

:youaretheman:

Golden Silence

« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2009, 03:53:15 PM »
OMG I can NOT let my son see those drums!  :pray:

gr8-expectations

« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2009, 04:43:18 PM »
was just having a look on ebay and its quirky time on a friday aka "freaky friday" now here's something interesting, about 3-4 items that were ending soon I clicked on to check out and it said listing unavailable, seemed a bit strange, fair enough if people ended their items early but why would they all do that when they only had a short time to run? I was going to email the sellers concerned and ask them if the items were supposed to have ended or whether it was another ebay "glitch" but of course you cant do that from the menu, only go to the item (which of course is no longer there) and not to the seller and their other items.

Fair enough if the sellers have genuinely ended them but weird if they have not and its a glitch, of course no way to let the seller know or ask them so the seller can let ebay know or request a fee credit if they had not ended them themselves, very strange...

gr8-expectations

« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2009, 04:44:58 PM »
here is one example, there were about five actually across two or three different categories one being books

This listing (220402267741) has been removed or is no longer available. Please make sure you entered the right item number.
If the listing was removed by eBay, consider it cancelled. Note: Listings that have ended more than 90 days ago will no longer appear on eBay.

gr8-expectations

« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2009, 05:03:05 PM »
another two with the same thing happening (i.e. close to close during freaky friday and showing as removed as per above message) are

220402223349 and 220400321503

perhaps they have been genuinely removed by the sellers but perhaps not.

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2009, 05:08:51 PM »
gr8, try them again, they seem to be there now. Must be glitch time!

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2009, 05:26:25 PM »
OMG I can NOT let my son see those drums!  :pray:

Why not?

It's safer than Zombies, Bikers and Heavy Metal Band Members.

That's me!

Golden Silence

« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2009, 05:29:43 PM »
lol Tellomon hi, yes and much more expensive. He's been asking for a gazillion types of cymbals for 6 months already.  :spend:

gr8-expectations

« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2009, 05:38:05 PM »
thanks wheels, wow must be tough luck for sellers if the glitch happens right as their auction is closing, would seem grounds for a fee refund to me. far out!

LiisaSx

Re: Collectors Corner, a place to show off or seek and find information
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2009, 09:23:19 AM »
Lets keep those collections coming, also if anyone is having trouble locating that certain something for their existing collection be it antique, obscure, quirky or otherwise lets hear about it.

On the other hand if your having trouble identifying a makers mark, or the origin of a particular item, or even some extended info, there are many knowledgeable people that are willing to assist.

I also love seeing pictures, so lets see them :)

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2009, 09:58:23 AM »
A couple of online sites worth looking at:

US auction site for authentic Antiques, Collectibles, Fine Art, Jewelry, Coins, Books
http://www.seeauctions.com/

Handmade and Vintage goods
http://www.etsy.com/

Etsy Marketplace Sees Increase in Sales in April 2009
Etsy released sales and traffic data for the month of April 2009. The online marketplace for handmade and vintage goods sold $12.6 million worth of goods, roughly 5% higher than March's $12 million, and representing 786,825 items sold. There were 491,876,705 page views in April 2009, down 2 percent from the previous month and up 66 percent from April 2008.

*Ubbie Max*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
  • Never take a knife to a gunfight
« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2009, 09:53:25 PM »
Evening all.

I'm a collector. I've got 16 archery bows, 130 fishing rods including 32 fly rods & 134 fishing reels.
I also collect fishing & archery patches & have about a gazillion of them.
I collect caps & have nearly a trillion of them.
I collect wrist watches & have a lousy 12 of them.
I have an excellent knife collection (hunting type & throwing knives) & have a herd of them. 

Bellagina

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2009, 09:57:57 PM »
I collect....... ummm...

*scratches head*
Ummmm.....

memories!