Author Topic: Big W goes online  (Read 4208 times)

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
Big W goes online
« on: May 30, 2010, 12:01:03 PM »
can you see a big box player like Big W eating into eBay sales ??

http://www.bigw.com.au

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
Re: Big W goes online
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 12:17:08 PM »
Yes definitely!

They have been online for a while now with a few categories - I think it was limited to books, music and dvds. And often with items that are not stocked in their stores.

I have not bought from them online before but will have to give them a try to see what their customer service and delivery is like.

retribution

• Knight of the RT
  • Hey! Don't clap. Throw me money makes less noise!
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 02:54:53 PM »
Yes definitely!

They have been online for a while now with a few categories - I think it was limited to books, music and dvds. And often with items that are not stocked in their stores.

I have not bought from them online before but will have to give them a try to see what their customer service and delivery is like.

They'll possibly use cariers rather than post. Which overall is far cheaper for you as customer re smaller items and a lot cheaper with large. I think they go from small to a certain size at a standard rate per parcel.? Last time I looked a carrier services once you got to parcels it was far cheaper overall than post. My problem at that time was the carrier (I forget who now) didn't do outside Perth City as different to Eastern States where it did City and Country as well.
The reply I got more or less said "Sorry we are not really in W.A." But I think Big W would have its own fleet of vans in W.A. set up for this style of selling?

:crazy:

Centuries

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2010, 02:59:28 PM »
Yes, I think Big W online will do very well. Quite well laid out/very clear.

It is easy for people not used to buying online to find any information /help which is always a plus.
“I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, because I'm not myself, you see”  Lewis Carroll