Author Topic: New Improved Ebay search, once again working as intended. [Sarcasm]  (Read 4217 times)

Liisa-Sx

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
I guess the Ebay search by distance really DOES work [Sarcasm]

For the record I repeated this search 3 times checking closely that the 50KM radius was still checked, same result.

I did this search for a "bench" within a 50km radius in "Sydney", and I get a Queensland Pickup, I guess they moved Mackay a lot closer over the weekend lol.

Good to see Everything on Ebay is working properly as usual.

Is it any wonder we cannot find anything.
They said there would be cake....and there WAS!

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
Re: New Improved Ebay search, once again working as intended. [Sarcasm]
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 05:54:22 AM »
Hi Liisa , that is because this seller originally set up there account as them being in Wangi Wangi NSW
(wherever that is but I am guessing within 50km of Sydney ie within  the perameters of your search )

that search engine works based on post codes and so although they have changed the location on this item to Mackay Qld they havent keyed in their new post code so it searches on the post code that is still in the memory of their account

if this seller wants their items to show correctley in the searches they will need to show the correct post code for Mackay

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
  • You don't get everything you want at Tello's.
    • facebook
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 11:24:58 AM »
GIGO
"The B@zturd Love Child of Comix & a News Organization"

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 07:15:26 PM »
Had a look where Wangi Wangi was .... It's north of Morriset, inland from Swansea.

Heading 50km towards Sydney - as the crow flies - doesn't even get you to Woy Woy.