Author Topic: Paypal Trickery  (Read 3469 times)

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
Paypal Trickery
« on: March 23, 2010, 10:04:46 AM »
Up until recently if you wanted to refund an eBay buyer that had paid with paypal there was a link at the bottom of the paypal transaction page which took you to a page where the refund (full or partial) could be issued

As well as refunding the buyer the paypal commission for that transaction would also automatically be refunded to the seller

now the under handed thieves have changed the lay out of the page ..... the bottom section now reads

Refund:
To refund this payment in part or in full, for any reason, please use the Send Money tab. The Refund Payment option is available for 60 days after a payment was sent.

while doing that will refund the buyer it wont automatically refund the paypal commission

the original 'Refund Payment' link is now hidden in the middle of the page

I have to ask .......... just how low can they go ???

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
Re: Paypal Trickery
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 10:09:18 AM »
BNWT, this is truly indefensible behaviour. By failing to make the correct information clearly available, PayPal is breaching consumer leglislation.

They can of course change the method of refunds and alter the wording... but it has got to be clear to consumers if a hidden cost or disadvantage is involved by reworded and replaced choices.
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"