Author Topic: Unconfirmed address?  (Read 13208 times)

Hermit

• Knight of the RT
Unconfirmed address?
« on: March 03, 2010, 08:15:25 PM »
I keep getting "unconfirmed" coming up on receipts with my address. How do I confirm this address? It seems silly as I had to have a letter sent to this address by paypal to link my bank account. It seems they forgot about that. 

Hermit

• Knight of the RT
Re: Unconfirmed address?
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 08:45:13 PM »
It appears I am stuffed.

With 1, I don't have a credit card.

With 2, they can go jump.

With 3, I'm not moving to the USA just so I can have a confirmed address.

I give up. Thanks anyway Smee.

There are three ways to confirm an address:

* Add a credit card to your PayPal account. If your billing address is verified, your street address is automatically confirmed.
        * Apply and be approved for a PayPal Plus Credit Card, PayPal Buyer Credit, or an eBay MasterCard. If approved, the address on your application will be a confirmed address.
        * Alternate address confirmation. This process is available only for U.S. accounts, and it can take several days.

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 09:36:55 PM »
so you didnt read the other links

the last one is from au site

Hermit

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 10:01:09 PM »
No I read all links. Basically they all say the same, either I need a credit card or I need to live in the USA.

But I have been known to be blind so what part did I miss?

Hermit

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 10:10:52 PM »
I think I may have found the problem.

4. Make sure that you have linked your address book to your PayPal account.

My address book was linked to my ebay address book not my paypal address book, even though both addresses are identical.

lacey

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2010, 07:56:56 PM »
I keep getting "unconfirmed" coming up on receipts with my address. How do I confirm this address? It seems silly as I had to have a letter sent to this address by paypal to link my bank account. It seems they forgot about that. 

Hi Hermit, I wouldn't worry about if I were you.  I am unconfirmed too and it hasn't stopped anyone from selling to me.  Someone told me a very long time ago that almost all paypal members outside of USA were unconfirmed.
Money can't buy happiness, but it sure makes misery easier to live with.

low-enghooi

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2010, 08:10:21 PM »
Someone told me a very long time ago that almost all paypal members outside of USA were unconfirmed.

My account is confirmed. I remembered initially I am unconfirmed, but don't know since when it became confirmed. The only problem, if you call it problem is, some seller insist you have a confirmed account or they will not ship to you. Other than that, I don't see any difference.

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2010, 12:29:30 PM »
Is this perhaps a slight confusion between "unconfirmed" and "unverified"?

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/buy/questions/confirm-address.html

The seller may ask you to use a "confirmed" postage address. This means that any items that you pay for with PayPal must be sent to a credit card billing address that you have on file for PayPal. If you've already done this, you just need to make sure that this address is linked to your eBay address book. Then, select this as your shipping address when you make your purchase using the Pay Now button.
To register a credit card billing address at PayPal:

1.      Go to PayPal (www.paypal.com.au) and log in to your account. Access your Profile and update your Street Address, or add a new address, so that it matches the one on your credit card statement.
   2.      Click "Profile" at the top of your account page.
   3.      Click the "Street Address" link under the Account Information heading.
   4.      Make sure that your credit card billing address is listed as one of the addresses.
   5.      If your billing address is not listed, click the Add button to add a new address that matches the one on your credit card statement.

To link you PayPal address to your eBay address book:

1.      Go to My eBay.
   2.      Click the "Addresses" link on the left side of the page.
   3.      Click the "View all postage addresses" link.
   4.      Make sure that you have linked your address book to your PayPal account. If you see an Add PayPal Addresses button, your address book is not linked. Click this button to link your address book to your PayPal account.
   5.      Once the accounts are linked, you will be able to select your PayPal registered credit card billing address as your postage address. You may also choose to click the "Make primary" link beside the address to ensure that it will be selected automatically each time you check out on eBay, unless you specify a different address.

Please note, though, that the last I had heard, addresses outside the US couldn't actually have their address "confirmed". It may be different now...

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/account/paypal-verify.html

To become verified on PayPal:

*      Add and confirm your bank account

Being verified means you've confirmed your identity with PayPal. Because verification increases security on PayPal, once you're verified you can:

*      Raise your sending and withdrawal limits

*      Increase credibility with sellers and buyers

*      List items in other markets

If you reside in Asia, please read Methods to Confirm Your Identity for Users Residing in Asia

Important: You will need to be PayPal Verified and have your eBay account linked to your PayPal account to:

*      Confirm your identity
    *      List an item on a different eBay site from the one you initially registered on

For more information on making items available to buyers in other countries, see About Selling Internationally.
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

low-enghooi

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2010, 02:57:32 PM »
Is this perhaps a slight confusion between "unconfirmed" and "unverified"?

Yes you are right. My account is "verified". Sorry for the confusion.

Roo

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2010, 08:08:14 PM »
Hermit and Low....from past info off the boards, it seems that the only people that can be confirmed are those in the US.

Some people have had luck in getting the seller to put them on their exception list by just sending a quick message outlining the fact that Aussies aren't able to be confirmed...and pointing to your feedback to show that you are an honest and reliable buyer.

But then again...some of those Yanks are a little set in their ways...lol

Hermit

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2010, 01:04:52 AM »
Okay, it's as I suspected.

Thanks for the replies.

surf-inside

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2010, 11:56:04 PM »
It appears I am stuffed.

With 1, I don't have a credit card.

With 2, they can go jump.

With 3, I'm not moving to the USA just so I can have a confirmed address.

I give up. Thanks anyway Smee.

There are three ways to confirm an address:

* Add a credit card to your PayPal account. If your billing address is verified, your street address is automatically confirmed.
        * Apply and be approved for a PayPal Plus Credit Card, PayPal Buyer Credit, or an eBay MasterCard. If approved, the address on your application will be a confirmed address.
        * Alternate address confirmation. This process is available only for U.S. accounts, and it can take several days.

I believe this has been changed, now if you make a purchase and it is sent to an unconfirmed address, that address then becomes confirmed immediately once the transaction has been completed successfully.  They used to make two small deposits to confirm a bank account, and mail you a code that would confirm your address.  but they are becoming more relaxed and letting anyone become confirmed once a purchase is made and completed.  I could order something, have it shipped to nigeria, and once the item was recieved and feedback left, that nigerian address becomes confirmed.

Complicit in fraud, partners in crime, ebay and paypal are two peas in pod.

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2010, 01:11:17 AM »

Complicit in fraud, partners in crime, ebay and paypal are two peas in pod.

A common consensus here ... and succinctly put.

surf-inside

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2010, 07:01:13 AM »
I am mistaken. Ebay confirms an address once you make a purchase and ship to that address.  Paypal is a little different. As a seller, if I add another address to my account, it becomes automatically confirmed.  Easy way to defraud sellers. Easier than making tea.

All this company is intersted in is making money.  Although to dispute a transaction is a pain in the butt.  Paypal is making it harder to dispute a transaction and credit card companies are now limiting chargebacks to 60 days. 

Things are evening out a bit but paypal is definitely a ball of swiss cheese.  Just reading the business rules around seller protection can be dizzying.  They got THEIR ass covered for sure.

Ebay, the result of greed. Paypal, the result of Ebay.