Author Topic: Sad and an oldie  (Read 15010 times)

ernest_price

Sad and an oldie
« on: April 29, 2009, 09:30:37 PM »
Latest scare from CS is that this board has installed evil trojans and bots to do nasty things to our computers :)

How sad - and such an old old one to boot!

Next it will probably be that this board is harnessing power to bring back Adolf Hitler. More at 11!  :gossip:

cueperkins

Re: Sad and an oldie
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 09:34:20 PM »

Total Fabrication...this site is not malicious...we leave that to the other mob...over yonder>>>>> :ebaysign:

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 09:34:55 PM »
Oh curses!

Are our evil plans foiled? Shall they all discover that if they come here, they shall - yea, they shall - be changed into a newt?

<pause...>

Well, all right, they might get better... but that's not the point!

The point is - resist not the power of newt.
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

ernest_price

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 09:36:33 PM »
I know it [I spent 5 of the last 10 years in and around IT security], many others know, it but I bet a few people will get cold feet - which of course is exactly what was intended. Arghh!

Sad, sad, sad.

ernest_price

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 09:38:49 PM »
Or perhaps changed into a Duck or a Witch - but I bet they'll get better! [yes I know I paraphrase Monty Python REALLY badly]  :P

gr8-expectations

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2009, 09:39:44 PM »
Latest scare from CS is that this board has installed evil trojans and bots to do nasty things to our computers :)

How sad - and such an old old one to boot!

Next it will probably be that this board is harnessing power to bring back Adolf Hitler. More at 11!  :gossip:

don worry ep its only for posters with ids beginning with b,d,s & m should not affect you.....

gr8-expectations

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2009, 09:40:11 PM »
hitler is NEXT week...

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2009, 09:40:15 PM »
Brilliant Monty Python humour... from the greatest of their films...
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

cueperkins

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2009, 09:41:01 PM »
Sticks and stones....!!!  "files nails"

LMAO GR8.... :rofl:

gr8-expectations

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2009, 09:42:32 PM »
IF we can wake im early enuf

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2009, 09:44:11 PM »
Fear not - I have it all worked out. I'm going to take a megaphone and shout into it (right near Mr Hitler's ear): "Wake up! They're saying you were a SWEET LITTLE MAN!"

ernest_price

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2009, 09:51:56 PM »
I was about to start a "What did Hitler do for Europe" tack - but it's probably not in the best of taste so I canned it.

night-hawk-1

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2009, 09:52:46 PM »
In my opinion they need to be looking closer at their own group of friends.

It was strange that while a NARUed member from there was pleading his case here an attack on this site was occurring,

Even stranger that my email server was temporally suspended during this time most likely as a result of an attack on it.

Then the attempt to login to this site with my user ID from a Rockhampton QLD based IP address, yes all attempts to hack accounts are recorded.

Then the attack on Monday night of a poster here with an attempt to hack their personal web site, a malicious report to Ebay about their ME page and the spamming of their email address

It makes me wonder about the company some high profile sellers keep when they openly support people like this.

cueperkins

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2009, 09:55:33 PM »
I KNOW NOTHING !!!

ernest_price

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2009, 10:06:05 PM »
I know from the 2 forums I run that you will shortly have the search bots here pretty much constantly - livesearch, google etc. A few people hammering away for vulnerabilities etc no doubt and some goons hoping your password is 'password'. :)

Looks like last bot visit was 25 April at about 10am. That will improve!

Hopefully some really valuable information for eBay members who want passionate and unbiased help will be at the search engines shortly.

How are you coping with the spam/fake members? Our forums are still running phpbb 2.x so spam members are a daily pain for a public board.

night-hawk-1

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2009, 10:07:11 PM »
I KNOW NOTHING !!!

But some do know about them and the dirty tricks.

I my opinion this hacking stuff could go along way towards explaining why some of them claim not to have been posting when posts have been made under their Ebay IDs and claims of photo bucket accounts being hacked and interfered with.

It makes me wonder

gr8-expectations

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2009, 10:15:48 PM »
ep don worry if all else fails we have an escape tunnel under the stove...

Poddy

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2009, 10:18:24 PM »
Hi there Ernie,

If I may call you that, scare tactics only work on the faint hearted so the dont work very well here.

If there is any shite slinging we dodge pretty well and I hope the slingers wash their hands before meals because that stuff tends to stick to the slinger's hands.

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2009, 10:34:32 PM »
It's a bit strange... eBay seem to have what they want (in that they made their forums unfriendly, migraine-inducing and slow to load, etc.). Ditto for those who clamoured for the eBay AU RT to be gone.

It has gone, and taken on a life of its own elsewhere... and yet this place draws their attention. Why? There's no real answer.

Never mind - hatred is its own canker unfortunately.

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2009, 10:48:16 PM »
Well, I don't know whether too many on the CS believe it! Member numbers have already gone up by 6 since those couple of posts. There have also been some very positive reports about this site on the same thread.  8)

night-hawk-1

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2009, 10:52:30 PM »
Hi Wheels its funny how when the trolls turn up everyone goes looking for where the nice posters have got to escape for them.

Soon they will only have themselves to troll in a waste land.