Author Topic: Hotmail accounts - have you received "Reset your Windows Live password" emails?  (Read 3716 times)

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
I'm not sure how widespread this is, but if you have received an email yesterday marked Reset your Windows Live password, your email account may have been subjected to an attempted hack.

You do not need to respond to the email.

If you wish, you can copy the email link to CANCEL the request, and paste it into a new browser window. This will cancel the request.

However, if you do nothing, that also will cancel the request (once the request expires automatically).

Please remember not to click onto the email link in the email. Good safe practice on the internet includes NEVER CLICKING ONTO AN EMAIL LINK. NEVER. NEVER. Not ever. NEVER.

It doesn't matter whether or not the link is legitimate. The point is that if you get into the habit of never, never, never clicking onto email links, you'll never make the mistake of clicking onto one when you're tired or in a hurry or distracted... because Murphy's Law says that will be the time it's an evil link.
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
  • You don't get everything you want at Tello's.
    • facebook
*hack snipe*
"The B@zturd Love Child of Comix & a News Organization"