Author Topic: Year 8 student and eBay - alleged scam time  (Read 4022 times)

ernest_price

cueperkins

Re: Year 8 student and eBay - alleged scam time
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 10:01:53 AM »
Hi ernest....long time no see.....

It's becoming a fairly typical scenario on the net these days isn't it?.........it IS way too easy isn't it?

The whole concept of any site simply saying that anyone under 18 can't join Ebay for instance, is ridiculous when it isn't backed up with proper 100 point verification......though with this kid, I'd say he'd see that as a challenge....still, he's a minority in the scheme of things, so it shouldn't overshadow the absolute need for Ebay to verify members, and indeed for schools to be aware of how their internet resources are being used.

Wouldn't you think that at least in a school environment, the use of computers might be limited to only those sites relevant to education?....Jeese employers are blocking access to employees in terms of being able to access various sites, so why aren't the kids being curtailed in a similar fashion? 

Crikey, just recently they showed a new game, where kids literally strangle each other to the point of convulsions, just so they can post it on face book and other sites that encourage this kind of bullshit....

I can't help thinking that if mobile phones didn't take film/pictures, and sites like facebook didn't allow this kind of psychopathic conduct to be published on their site, we wouldn't have this kind of bizarre attention seeking behaviour....how far will some people go for 15 mins of fame?.....

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 11:02:05 AM »
If he's so clever - why is he waiting until he's 18 to max out 100 credit cards?

He is going to jail ... one day.

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 01:58:26 PM »
There are some systems which make it very easy for scamming to take place.

But this boy sounds like a typical scammer - increasingly young, with wrong values, not respecting himself and not respecting others, shameless.

I suppose it's not surprising that eBay was clearly his major area of scamming. Was he not arrested because he was underage? Something needs to be done.
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"