Author Topic: FINALLY EBAY DO SOMETHING RIGHT  (Read 4391 times)

cueperkins

FINALLY EBAY DO SOMETHING RIGHT
« on: November 16, 2009, 10:27:14 AM »
In August this Year, Ebay announced changes to its Jewellery listing criteria, specifically in the 'Fine Jewellery' Section....*Countess will be pleased*....This new listing policy will get rid of all the garbage and spam that we're all so fed up having to wade through....but it's more than just Gold they're dealing with.....

I haven't been able to say this often in the past two years...in fact never....Ebay's changes have been so anti consumer and anti small business, that it's hard to find the silver lining in all this 'Innovative Disruption'..*cough* *choke*.........but I'll give them credit where it's due...Ebay have finally figured out that Jewellery buyers DON'T want to wade through endless crap listings to get to what they're looking for.....read on...

***Changes to Selling Jewellery Policy – Effective January 2010***     

12 November 2009 | 10:28AM EST

From 5 January 2010 eBay.com.au will begin enforcing the recently introduced Selling Jewellery Policy.

We had announced the introduction of this policy in August this year however after consultation with a number of Jewellery sellers, eBay decided to revise the policy before enforcing it. The revisions pertain to the sale of Gold Jewellery internationally and domestically.

The policy is available for review here.

Regards,
The eBay team

The Specifics are Here....

http://help.ebay.com.au/Help/Policies/Selling_-_listings/Jewellery,_metals-and-beads

And ha, ha, ha....bead sellers will have to stay specifically in BEADS...not jewellery, or fine jewellery or any other bloody category they feel inclined to spam......yippee.....hehehehe....score one for frustrated shoppers.

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
  • You don't get everything you want at Tello's.
    • facebook
Re: FINALLY EBAY DO SOMETHING RIGHT
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 10:30:02 AM »
Snipe!
"The B@zturd Love Child of Comix & a News Organization"

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 12:08:09 PM »
Double snipe - I was going to post something about this, too!

Yes, I agree. eBay have made a genuine improvement with this change. I'm very pleased about it.

Sometimes, wading through the proliferation of bad listings in the fine jewellery section is like being stuck in a treacle swamp.

If this change is put into proper practice, I will at last be able to filter out the bad listings and look at what I consider is GENUINE fine jewellery.
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
  • You don't get everything you want at Tello's.
    • facebook
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 12:15:00 PM »
BFD!!!!! It's not gonna lift that Worldwide, Lifetime Ban on my posting privvies.

BTW: Yes, I AM pissed off about it, thankyouverymuch!

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r271/rontello/eBay%20nasty%20pix-gifs/43168.jpg
"The B@zturd Love Child of Comix & a News Organization"

cueperkins

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 12:33:40 PM »
It's only going to work if they provide a way to report any listings in violation of that policy...and preferably in the bloody listing?...sheesh...I don't want to troll all over ebay looking for some way to email them about this that the other...I just want to get rid of the spam......

My biggest pet hate is the Spamming in the Jewellery section of key words like Antique and Vintage....I've done this experiment before, but I'll update it now, While I'm in Ebay.

1st Search - Vintage Brooch = 1344 listings

2nd Search

Filter out -new = 762

Filter again by -new -look -style -inspired = 546

SAME AGAIN:

Antique Brooch = 1228

Filter -new = 161