Author Topic: Item not rec;d - paypal claim lodged  (Read 22133 times)

mandurahmum

• Knight of the RT
Item not rec;d - paypal claim lodged
« on: November 15, 2009, 01:39:00 AM »
I won an item on the 21/10 and paid the next day.  I still have not rec'd the item and so lodged a dispute which I have now escataled to a claim.  

I notice that the seller has the same item listed again - 150387138928 - but cant seem to amend my claim, the original listing was 150380348560 - same photos and same stupid spelling mistakes in the listing.

Can I?  and if so How

Thanks in advance

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
Re: Item not rec;d - paypal claim lodged
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 01:49:21 AM »
How or Why do you wish to amend your claim ?? you are still claiming non delivery of the original item thats all you need to do ... you have escalated it havent you ?

mandurahmum

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 01:57:54 AM »
yes but I thought that if I highlighted the fact that the seller is selling the exact same item again it might help my claim.

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 02:01:07 AM »
it certainly cant do you any harm ... good luck I am sure you will win

mandurahmum

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 02:03:36 AM »
Thanks smee - I am about to leave negative feedback - I dont like doing it but seeing they have relisted the item - they deserve it

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2009, 02:07:12 AM »
woooo wooooo wooooo girl ...... are you sure they dont have 2 the same ??

have they responded to your emails or dispute ?????

Look I am all for tearing someone a new Planchet if need be .... but just remember ..... beyond reasonable doubt ..... ( psssst Jane get your dough back first .... then give em what for with the lid off !)

mandurahmum

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2009, 02:15:25 AM »
They responded to one email - saying that they had sent the item, but have not responded to the dispute or the claim as yet.

They could have 2 - but they are not regular coin sellers so I dont think they do.  Plus the listing and the photo is exactly the same - same spelling mistakes and all.

I have just left them negative feedback, and I am not the first.

I may have left the feedback too early and maybe should have waited, but last time I waited till I left negative feedback - that seller went on to rip off so many other buyers and I felt responsible - if I had left the feedback earlier they may not have bid and lost their money.

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2009, 02:29:26 AM »
fair enough ... go with your gut feel

mandurahmum

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2009, 03:22:17 AM »
I dont get uneasy about items arriving normally - as they always get here quicker than I expected them.  I had a bad feeling about this item almost as soon as I paid.  And its the second bad experience buying 2c collections - its also the second time I have bought a collection of 2c.

I probably wont ever buy 2 cent collections ever again - I get it - I am not supposed to have them

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2009, 03:27:02 AM »
typical woman ..... needs to be told twice

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

mandurahmum

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2009, 03:36:16 AM »
thanks for that

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2009, 11:50:50 AM »
Mandurahmum, you might want to call PayPal to give extra information and to state you'd like a swift resolution as you have been lied to.

This is PayPal's number: 1800 073 263.

Have you had to call PayPal before? Prepare for at least half an hour. Oh, and have your "contact PayPal" information ready: log in to PayPal, go to the Contact Us link, and that will have the information ready for you to identify yourself when a PayPal representative answers. (And don't worry if none of the phone options are what you want to discuss. Choose any at random. The options are completely insufficient.)

"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

low-enghooi

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2009, 12:16:41 PM »
Take it easy.

Unless the rule has changed, you get the refund if seller doesn't reply in 2 weeks time. From experience, doesn't matter whatever you say (or you don't say), it take the same amount of time.

lacey

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2009, 03:57:18 PM »
Would you like to tell us the sellers name MM?

Was it a full set of coins?

Silly me, i can see the item number up there ^..  Must need stronger glasses.
Money can't buy happiness, but it sure makes misery easier to live with.

lacey

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2009, 04:10:31 PM »
WOW, I didn't even know ppl bought used coins.  Not in decimals anyway.

Are you really after used coins?  Do you have an unc set and if so what dates are missing? 

mandurahmum

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2009, 04:32:44 PM »
Hi Lacey,  I am trying to put together a couple of completed sets one for my son and one for my god daughter (of all coins)

lacey

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2009, 04:38:18 PM »
and what dates are you missing?

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2009, 04:43:08 PM »
here's your missing dates

lacey

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2009, 04:46:22 PM »
They should do nicely Smee although not sure what they will look like in a few years and maybe a little smelly and squished in a 2x2  ;D

lacey

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2009, 04:46:58 PM »
hey, you just changed the pic.  That was very fast! ;D

mandurahmum

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2009, 02:58:42 PM »
The seller has what she believes is proof that she sent the item.  It is a receipt from her post office, but my postcode is not listed. 

She also told me that she had sent the item in an email on the 05/11 that she posted it on the previous friday - which would have been the 29/10 - but the receipt is dated the 26/10.

There has only been 1 time in over 17 years of living at my address that I had mail go 'missing' - and it was the day the postie was hit by a car just around the corner.  And that letter was eventually delivered by one of the boys from around the corner who found them. 

I have checked at the post office and so has my postie - it is not there,  I have checked with neighbours -even though I know they would have put it in my letterbox if it had been put in theirs by mistake.

I will wait to see if paypal accept her proof of sending the coins.

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2009, 08:15:59 PM »
MM, I think the only proof that PayPal will accept is a copy of the Registered Post form. If the seller hasn't sent your item Registered then PayPal will refund you.

mandurahmum

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2009, 08:46:58 PM »
I hope so wheels - I was also told at the post office that if the item sent - it would have been returned to the sender by now.

I really dont want either of us to be out of pocket.

lacey

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2009, 08:33:19 AM »
Hi MM, I just had a look at that item with the 2 cents.  Now she has stated in listing :
Up For Sale 2 Cents Compleate set of 22 coins from 1966 to 1989

If that is correct where are the other 2 coins.  There should be 2 more coins, shouldn't there?

mandurahmum

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2009, 01:56:34 PM »
I think she mean a complete set of the circulated ones - not the 2 from the mint sets.   Unfortunately i dont know as I never got my set from her.

motas

« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2009, 06:31:01 PM »
MM, I think the only proof that PayPal will accept is a copy of the Registered Post form. If the seller hasn't sent your item Registered then PayPal will refund you.

Hi Mum agree,s 100% with wheels..irrespective if you paid for reg mail, my understanding is that it is compulsory for a seller to send by reg mail if the item/s are purchased using poopal.Any disclaimer will not remove this requirement as the onus is on the seller to comply with policy in accepting site terms and acceptance of paypal payments.
ebays policy,one that has some merit.

cheers Mo

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2009, 06:51:06 PM »
It's not actually compulsory to send by registered mail if the buyer paid using PayPal. There are other ways of proving that the item has been posted, but it's true that PAYPAL will not accept most of them.

If a seller sends by registered mail, the fact that a buyer paid by PayPal is moot anyway. The seller should check with AP to see whether the parcel has been delivered. If it's gone missing, the seller's best method to keep the customer happy is to instantly refund the buyer, and then put in a claim to AP. No need to let PayPal become involved at all. The real protection here is through AP because it was sent via registered mail.

HOWEVER - huge caveat - the seller should ALWAYS always always always refund the buyer through ONE MEANS ONLY: through PayPal, as a refund (not as a payment). The reason for this is that if the seller refunds in any other way (let's say by sending a cheque, or cash, or as a PayPal payment, or a Paymate payment, etc.), PayPal will regard it as the BUYER NOT HAVING BEEN REFUNDED, if the buyer goes ahead and lodges a dispute / claim.

If the registered post item is marked by AP as having been delivered, then the seller should not refund the buyer. In this case, if the buyer then proceeds with a PayPal dispute, the evidence which the seller has (of having sent by registered post) is PROTECTION AGAINST A CLAIM OF INR if the seller knows the item has been delivered. Pardon me if I stress this: the only protection PayPal really offers by the seller using registered post is against PayPal forcibly taking funds from the seller to refund the buyer in the case of the item being marked as delivered by AP. (Note the irony? PayPal will protect you against PayPal.)

The seller might have other evidence that the item was posted, but he/she will have more difficulty in submitting that proof to PayPal and in getting PayPal to accept it. In some cases, buyers have received their refund through PayPal (from the seller's fund), and the seller, after failing to convince PayPal that the item was sent, then lodges a dispute to the Financial & Banking Ombudsman against PayPal. As long as the seller has evidence that will satisfy the OMBUDSMAN that the item was sent (and that doesn't require registered post by any means, just proof of postage, and perhaps a Stat Dec), PayPal will be ordered to refund the seller. PayPal will not in that case be able to recover the refund from the buyer, since their own investigation found in favour of the buyer (irrespective of whether the buyer was being honest or not).

For the buyer, you're not likely to end up being out of pocket with INR under PayPal's current User Agreement unless the seller is able to convince PayPal that he/she sent the item although the evidence is false. I have heard of some fraudulent tracking information being used in some cases, to the buyer's detriment. This occurred in some overseas transactions (I don't have a reference to them, sorry).

But virtually in every case, the buyer is in a position of advantage. You just need to state that the item wasn't received. If it was not sent by trackable means, the seller is unable to provide PayPal with the burden of proof, and the seller's account will be forced to pay for the refund. Even if the seller hasn't got the money in his/her PayPal account, so far I haven't heard of buyers not being refunded as long as their purchase complies with the eBay/PayPal Buyer Protection Policy; in those cases, eBay will go after the seller to recuperate the refund.

If by any chance you are not refunded, you can still contact the Ombudsman and open a claim against PayPal.
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

motas

« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2009, 07:19:14 PM »
Thanks for that Countessa...it all helps.

I have been on the other end of this sticky wicket in that,.. buyers have refused to pay for reg mail whilst paying for items via PP.
I was advised by the powers that be that in order to have buyer/seller protection that the item/s must be sent by registered mail,(this seems fair and lodgical)
In that if the item/s are not recieved and/or the buyer lodges a claim or chargeback that PP will only recognise as proof of delivery a legitimate Aust Post registration.

I included in description Re pp and reg mail, to no avail Lol.
Quite honestly with lower priced items being required?( as above) to be sent by reg mail makes the purchasing of unviable, but it is also an effective way of putting off smaller sellers?

I paid for the registered mail in all cases and believe me there were a few.Lol.

Cheers now Mo.

motas

« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2009, 07:57:04 PM »
and to further confuse the subject With regards to banknotes and coinage.

Aust Post Regulation, dangerous and prohibited goods...

D3.2 – Banknotes and Coins
Banknotes are currency notes that are legal tender in the country of issue. Australian notes of
whatever age, currency or denomination are legal tender within Australia.
Coins are coinage in either Australian or foreign currency and includes coins made from precious
metals whether or not such coins have a denomination.
Australia Post prohibits banknotes or currency notes and coins:
? in the International Post
? in all services within Australia except Registered Post.
In Registered Post within Australia, Australia Post accepts banknotes or coins to a maximum face
value of $A200 in any one consignment. However, Australia Post accepts no liability for the loss of
or damage to any such notes or coins.

Yet if described as medallions or tokens are fully covered for loss.Only appears to offer Proof of Delivery?

Sorry if this is old news but it may assist some.

Cheers Mo.

*barny*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2009, 08:01:03 PM »
Australia Post prohibits banknotes or currency notes and coins:
? in the International Post
? in all services within Australia except Registered Post.

In Registered Post within Australia, Australia Post accepts banknotes or coins to a maximum face
value of $A200 in any one consignment.

Yet, RAM routinely post in contravention of this...

Particularly in the value of items per package..

:wine:

If you try to fail, and succeed, what have you done ??

motas

« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2009, 08:08:31 PM »
To Right Barny...ya don,t gets what ya,s thinks yar paying for...Hahaha

How,s the corner.... cheers Mo.

*barny*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2009, 08:11:36 PM »
How,s the corner

Ummm

Please explain ?????

motas

« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2009, 08:22:28 PM »
Me corner I hide in when i gets a slap or two...all cool Barny, cheers Mo

*barny*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2009, 08:32:20 PM »
Ahhh,

Now I understand Mo...

The dark corner I hide in is fine thanks...

It is well appointed, and was contructed, quite a time ago, by Tamsy

** This refers to a thread on the old RT a couple of years ago**

*FluffyDuckee*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
  • Waves to everyone
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2009, 10:27:06 PM »
Hi Barney,

If we got Sunshine the new coinee to shine on your corner, it wouldn't be dark.   ;D
:duckling:

*barny*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2009, 11:06:14 AM »
Hi Barney,

If we got Sunshine the new coinee to shine on your corner, it wouldn't be dark.   ;D

G'Day Duckee,

Thanks, but no thanks...
I like it dark, coz when I hide there and have a little sob... nobody can see me.

*FluffyDuckee*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
  • Waves to everyone
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2009, 12:03:33 PM »
Hi Barney,

G'Day Duckee,

Thanks, but no thanks...
I like it dark, coz when I hide there and have a little sob... nobody can see me.

Hi Barney :kisshug:

Dark corners have multiple uses from what I hear so they must be quite useful things.  I'm not sure what though, cause I am too young and innocent to understand.  But now I know that crying is one of the uses.
:duckling:

shyer

• Knight of the RT
  • from UBB & yib thank you
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2009, 02:57:16 PM »
Countessa states "But virtually in every case, the buyer is in a position of advantage"

I will give an extreme example. I purchased a used laptop about $300 for a child who is best called absent minded. It was sold as working and tested, sold sans any software. When it arrived not only was the battery flat it would hold ZERO charge. As well the touch pad was faulty. It was still under warranty, battery warranty expired. However the repairer insisted that a working battery $160 genuine or $80 generic be supplied with laptop and if fault in touchpad was fluid or physical damage the minimum repair bill was $75 even charged if repair not economic.

I contacted the powerseller who "finally" after many emails and delays paid for 1/2 the battery nothing else . I took the gamble and purchased generic battery and a used working touch pad. I complained to P$P goods not as described and after sellers lies P$P told me to return unit for full refund. Seller sent gloating email as he thought I would not send back unit working with my parts and labour.

I sent back registered post faulty battery and faulty touch pad . P$P repaid me the full $300 including original post. The laptop thus cost me $100. The powerseller really spat the dummy but I did not reply to any emails. They were  rude and tried to cheat me , I gave them the treatment they gave me, no sympathy. P$P just said all over rover, to Titanium powerseller, even their ebay account manager got nowhere. May be they had recieved many complaints I do not know. But bottom line is P$P ALWAYS takes buyers side.