Author Topic: Help!  (Read 12850 times)

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
Help!
« on: October 27, 2009, 04:15:23 PM »
Afternoon all.

I listed a couple of things on ebay this morning and came home to find 2 are sold. They were listed as a Buy It Now price with free postage. I'm trying to send an invoice to the buyer. I want to pass on the postage saving - how do I give a discount on the combined price?

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
Re: Help!
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 04:29:19 PM »
I give up!

I don't think I can discount the postage if I haven't actually entered a postage cost. I have sent the buyer an invoice directly from Paypal so hopefully that works ok.

Gotta love these avid Lego Star Wars collectors!

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 04:39:17 PM »
At any time after your listing ends and before the buyer completes Checkout, you can send your buyer an invoice. You can also send your buyer a revised invoice if they have purchased more items from you.

1.     From the item page or My eBay, click the Send Invoice button.
   2.     Select the items you would like to send an invoice for.
   3.     Specify details such as shipping and handling, insurance, tax and available payment methods.
   4.     Click Send Invoice.

Note: From the Send Invoice page, you’ll receive the buyer’s default shipping information.

Note! If you are experiencing trouble completing a transaction with your buyer, you can request their phone number. Sometimes a phone call helps make communication easier.

Revised invoices

You can send a revised invoice to your buyer. The revised invoice may contain items that the buyer has previously checked out, but for which no payment was received. If you send a revised invoice, the buyer will need to check out again to complete the transaction.
To send a revised invoice:

1.     From the item page or My eBay, select Send Revised Invoice from the pull-down menu.
   2.     Select the items you would like to send an invoice for.
   3.     Specify details such as postage and handling, insurance, tax and available payment methods.
   4.     Click Send Revised Invoice.

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/pay/checkout-invoices.html
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 05:04:40 PM »
All OK now. Buyer is very happy!

It seems you can't put a discount for postage on the eBay invoice if you haven't listed any postage amount in the first place. The buyer wanted to pay with Paypal so I just sent them an invoice directly from Paypal and listed the ebay item numbers and descriptions and reduced the price of the second item.

Bellagina

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 09:42:22 PM »
Hmmmm.. I thought you could always put in a disount on the invoice anyway? Not just a reduction on the postage? (I think it is shown as (+ - adjustment) ?? Something like that? It is the last option on the invoice, above the recalculate button. I have used it sometimes when people have bought a free post item, and a post pay item at the same time...

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2009, 09:46:21 PM »
you can also over ride the postage or if all else fails put it a postal option and show it as a negative figure if you want , the only problem I see doing it the  way you did Wheels is that if its not on an ebay invoice  , you or the buyer probably arent covered by the pretend protection policies.... so actually not really a problem at all ... probably an advatage ... as you were soldier , at ease

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2009, 11:37:19 PM »
Bella, I tried to put a negative amount on the discount line, wouldn't work.

Smee, buyer was very happy with unexpected discount so hopefully there will be no problems. I'm very much a newbie when it comes to selling!

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2009, 03:08:21 AM »
great ... Hope it all goes well Wheels I am sure it will

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2009, 06:36:26 PM »
Wheels - you are just TOO nice!!

Although we all know the buyer ends up paying for shipping one way or another, the buyer perception of 'Free Postage' is that the price they accepted is only for the item (the whole item and nothing but the item).

So you are, in fact, discounting the item ... it's no wonder they were chuffed!

Brings out a curious possibility .... Could a Seller offer 'Combined shipping discount' on their items if they are all offered with 'Free Postage'? Or would that be a reportable violation......

?

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2009, 07:02:16 PM »
Brumby, An error message (saying discount cannot exceed $0.00) kept popping up when I tried to put in a minus amount on the discount line of the invoice. I thought, ok, -$10 is less than zero, so why wouldn't it work?!! I've since found out that the reason I couldn't offer any discount on the invoice is that a seller can offer a discount up to a maximum of the postage amount in the listing. Zero postage cost listed = zero discount!

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2009, 07:15:08 PM »
Hi Wheels.  I understand the problems you would have had with the mechanics of the exercise, but I was commenting more on the rationale of the situation.

From eBay's standpoint, you would have been trying to give a discount against the item itself, which is not how people would expect things to travel and a corresponding (simplistic) rule coded in the programming would not have been seen as an issue.

Alternatively, maybe eBay was forward thinking enough to prevent discounting into the item price, so as to avoid any arguments about FVF's. (OK - that was a bit of a reach).

Still curious if offering combined postage discount for 'Free Postage' items would be reportable ... Actually getting it sorted out in the invoicing is another matter.

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2009, 07:28:47 PM »
Brumby, eBay is 'only a venue'  ;D
So long as they get their listing fee and final value fee, item is received and as described, and seller and buyer are happy, all should be ok. Fingers crossed!

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2009, 01:12:47 AM »
Brumby, eBay is 'only a venue'  ;D

;D indeed.  Depends on which way the wind blows at each instant, doesn't it...

Roo

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2009, 11:48:14 PM »
Hmmm.just wondering...but..

What would buyer's reactions be to listings that may have,,let's say, $10.00 postage stated....yet the actual listing itself stated something along the lines of...'Free postage for multiple buyers'..????

Would the savings 'perception' be enough to encourage people to purchase more?

*Ubbie Max*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
  • Never take a knife to a gunfight
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2009, 07:55:26 PM »
I realise this is of topic but, I wasn't sure where to post it.

I received this email a short time ago & was wondering if anyone else has received it.

I'm normally very suspicious of these types of emails But, I'd appreciate an opinion from you more learned people.

"Watch TV Online 24/7 - No Monthly Fees!
Never miss your favorite shows, news & sporting events

There are over 2500 channels available for the confirmed couch potato and the discriminating viewer alike.  Imagine a world without cable or satellite bills where you could watch anything you wanted to, when you want it.  Well, that world is here and available today!

TV Unlock Code: 5015
Receive access to Online TV here

Here are the top watched TV shows online:
House, Lost, 24, Gossip Girl, Heroes

- Global access: available anywhere in the world
- Economically sound: No recurring charges and no cable box or TV card is required!
- Free automatic channel updates

Enjoy thousands of online TV channels here

Watch Online TV anytime you want, in any way you want.  You can play, pause and record whatever you watch any time of day with the FREE DVR Recorder you receive as a gift!

- Sporting events: Football, soccer, basketball, tennis and much more on-demand!
- Uncensored Channels: content you can't find on cable!
- News & Learning: Informative programs & breaking headlines
- Drama, Comedy & Action: shows to match any mood
- Much-loved classics plus the latest & greatest episodes from current shows

Watch all your favourite shows & movies here

Testimonial: "Pure genius, in the near future, this will be the new standard for television" - J. Andrews. London, England

Best regards,

Darren Clark
Online Television Analyst
"

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2009, 08:34:13 PM »
Spot the difference ?

[attachment deleted by admin]

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2009, 08:37:02 PM »
Spot the difference ?

Hahahahaha !.... oh boy ! ... you poked the hornets nest !... nice knowing ya smee !....LOLOLOLOL

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2009, 11:00:58 PM »
Ubbie, I've received that email many times... It's definitely spam.

"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

*Ubbie Max*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
  • Never take a knife to a gunfight
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2009, 11:01:59 PM »
Thanks Countess. I thought as much but it pays to get another opinion.

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2009, 11:06:22 PM »
But you haven't paid me... except for this collection of Pluto Pups. I don't want to be paid in Pluto Pups!

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
  • You don't get everything you want at Tello's.
    • facebook
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2009, 03:22:41 PM »
Spot the difference ?

My money is on The Fight!

Not on smee.

He's a shifty one.... :rolleyes:
"The B@zturd Love Child of Comix & a News Organization"

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2009, 11:38:31 PM »
But you haven't paid me... except for this collection of Pluto Pups. I don't want to be paid in Pluto Pups!

But, my dear Countess, I would have thought you would have lustily seized the opportunity to add yet another facet to that resplendent jewel of your appreciation and immersion into the colourful tapestry of the unique and fascinating cultural diversity that is to be found in this world...

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2009, 12:04:51 AM »
My dear Brumby,

Sometimes the richest broidery of opportunity is like the fish one throws back into the sea after catching it. One feels it struggle; one senses its weight; one plays with it, lets it think it's got away; one gently, gently reels it in; one beholds its irridescent sea-jewel scales and identifies it as the toxic flesh of the sea... "Aha," one thinks. "It's a pluto-pup fish. Well, well. How fascinating." And then... one returns it to the silent waters, to live out its happy pluto-pup existence.

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2009, 12:06:30 AM »
does one do a Rex Hunt and give it a peck on the gills first ?

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2009, 12:14:32 AM »
The day you catch me kissing a Pluto Pup is the day you should declare your intention to marry a cane-toad, Smee.

In other words - it's not going to happen...!

*FluffyDuckee*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
  • Waves to everyone
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2009, 12:17:33 AM »
Do they have cane toads in Western Australia?
:duckling:

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2009, 12:22:19 AM »
well thats actually debatable at the moment .... some say they have reached up the top ...others say not yet .... if they have or do cross the border , they will soon chuck a u-eee and hop back again .... we have some nasty creatures in the NW that will soon put a stop to their little games

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2009, 01:07:08 AM »
My dear Brumby,

Sometimes the richest broidery of opportunity is like the fish one throws back into the sea after catching it. One feels it struggle; one senses its weight; one plays with it, lets it think it's got away; one gently, gently reels it in; one beholds its irridescent sea-jewel scales and identifies it as the toxic flesh of the sea... "Aha," one thinks. "It's a pluto-pup fish. Well, well. How fascinating." And then... one returns it to the silent waters, to live out its happy pluto-pup existence.

I see...  In other words, it takes as much effort to be fully appreciated as a bullet hole in a T-shirt...?

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2009, 01:27:17 AM »
I'd find a bullet-hole in a T-shirt extraordinarily sad. We live in a world where violent acts result in real bullet-holes in real T-shirts... real blood, real death, real grief, real pain, and real questions about how such things can be. Perhaps it all starts with allowing oneself to be contaminated by malice...?

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2009, 01:45:49 AM »
* scratches that one off the baby clothing ideas list *