Author Topic: Yet another reason why I hate paypal  (Read 10717 times)

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
Yet another reason why I hate paypal
« on: October 07, 2009, 11:13:47 AM »
today i had reason to call paypal

so as I have done before I dialed the 1800 number

previously you got to speak to a person who may or most likely will not have a clue about anything

now you get to listen to a recording with a vast variety of options ... after listening to all the primary options there was nothing that fitted my enquiry so I just hit 3 in the hope I'd get to speak to someone

alas no ........... all you get is another recording explaining how you can find the solution to this problem on the paypal website

I tried all the options ........ none directed me to a person

what a scam !!

didn't paypal by law have to offer a phone hotline before it could operate in Australia ??

should this be brought to the attention of the Banking Ombudsman ??

cueperkins

Re: Yet another reason why I hate paypal
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 11:14:51 AM »
Absolutely !!!

Snipe

cueperkins

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 11:19:43 AM »
bnwt....to approach the ombudsman, it doesn't need to be about refunds etc, it just has to be about a dispute, and if not, then it's a General Complaint....but, if you have an issue that must be resolved, but can't get through to paypal, then it becomes an actionable complaint...i.e. BFSO may contact Paypal to ask them if they will resolve your issue directly or supply a phone number to a real person....

If you don't have a specific issue to resolve with Paypal, then make a general complaint about their complete lack of customer service in Australia, and point out how disastrous this would be for consumers if another large fraud or scam were to occur.

I have a 2005 Study by Choice mag, who deemed ebay amongst the worst in terms of customer service, and citing the total absence of phone contact as one of the major issues...Their comparisons were made against the E-Commerce guidelines, which are the benchmark of best practice....Ebay failed on all counts......Paypal is owned by Ebay.....and the poison fruit doesn't fall too far from the tree.

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 11:33:00 AM »
BNWT, could this be one of their periodic glitches? I too had to contact PayPal a little while ago, and went through a horrible hellish roundabout of trying to get a person, but there was something wrong with the phone system; it sent me in circles and disconnected me.

From memory, I ended up using a different number. Would you like me to check and see what that number might be?
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

cueperkins

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 11:35:30 AM »
And then ask yourself.....should it be this user unfriendly?

I bet you can call Paymate any day of the week and get a real person..

Anyone had dealings with Paymate as an Aussie Alternative?

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2009, 11:38:02 AM »
countessa

this was no glitch

they have completely changed the phone system

call them and have a listen  1800 073 263  (free call)

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2009, 11:41:57 AM »
Shall do. Thanks, BNWT (and by the way, you have a message).
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
  • You don't get everything you want at Tello's.
    • facebook
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2009, 11:48:33 AM »
What's new?

:evil:
"The B@zturd Love Child of Comix & a News Organization"

cueperkins

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2009, 01:30:05 PM »
Rather than waste your time with Poopal bnwt....do you want the phone number for the ombudsman? 

Come to think of it...it might be a good idea to put together a new thread on how to report Paypal and who to....They have a dispute resolution officer, but he/she's called the 'escalations officer'. 

Does Paypal display clearly and unambiguously, their dispute resolution process on their site?....if so, these details should be there...if not, add this to your complaint.

I'm told that every time FSO investigate, it costs Paypal a significant fee....and so it should.

Liisa-Sx

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2009, 03:04:30 PM »
BNWT, sorry to hear your having problems, certainly if they have changed their method of customer service you are entitled to know why and be entitled to contact someone who can help you, If it was me I would contact the ombudsman. If you as a seasoned customer find resolution difficult imagine how the new Ebayer suffers :(
They said there would be cake....and there WAS!

misha

• Membermn
  • Knight of the RT
  • NO CONFIDENCE
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2009, 04:52:23 PM »
Ooops... posted in wrong thread.

:blush:
pobox486cronulla@hotmail.com    I have NO HERO'S or IDOLS.  I will question everything and anyone having faith only in myself.

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2009, 04:55:21 PM »
Hello, Misha - welcome!

:welcome!: :spend: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents:

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2009, 04:56:47 PM »
Hi Misha

Poddy

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2009, 06:18:00 PM »
Hi BNWT,

Here is a number that you can reach PayPal on  ;D

Take a note everyone else as well, it was obtained by .......... well lets just say it was obtained ;)

0282239500 it worked last time I called it so if someone calls it they might like to let me know if it is still current

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2009, 07:09:25 PM »
Poddy

that number diverts to the 1800 number

always has

and now when you ring it you will encounter the new fully automated phone system

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2009, 07:20:25 PM »
MayDay! Help me!

I'm thinking fast!

gr8-expectations

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2009, 07:57:02 PM »
And then ask yourself.....should it be this user unfriendly?

I bet you can call Paymate any day of the week and get a real person..

Anyone had dealings with Paymate as an Aussie Alternative?

yes i have and they have real people, they are good to deal with and make sense

gr8-expectations

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2009, 08:00:02 PM »
they also pay faster than preypal and therefore dont play with opm on the money markets for so long at least, also when you make a claim re credit card issues i have heard they are fast, serious, reliable and contactable

ps - on another issue did anyone hear about the big fraud (or what looked like a fraud) by the carrington hotel in the blue mountains, a friend of mine got her credit card charged again some six months after staying there, the credit card company took ages to pay and apparently it affected a lot of people, $800 in her case, some 3 weeks later she finally got it back but only by going off at them, they did have the business for sale or have problems and perhaps decided to charge everyone again since they had their details lol

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2009, 09:21:07 PM »
I DON'T CARE ANYMORE.

*FluffyDuckee*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
  • Waves to everyone
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2009, 12:24:15 AM »
Fluffy cares....   :grouphug:
:duckling:

gr8-expectations

« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2009, 08:37:07 AM »
today i had reason to call paypal

so as I have done before I dialed the 1800 number

previously you got to speak to a person who may or most likely will not have a clue about anything

now you get to listen to a recording with a vast variety of options ... after listening to all the primary options there was nothing that fitted my enquiry so I just hit 3 in the hope I'd get to speak to someone

alas no ........... all you get is another recording explaining how you can find the solution to this problem on the paypal website

I tried all the options ........ none directed me to a person

what a scam !!

didn't paypal by law have to offer a phone hotline before it could operate in Australia ??

should this be brought to the attention of the Banking Ombudsman ??

spot on bnwt - how the hell do they get away with this???

i experienced the exact same problem today after waiting 7 days and a payment i sent overseas still not cleared (when the money left my bank monday night of last week) and it is IMPOSSIBLE to speak to someone.

cupie, how does one reach the ESCALATIONS OFFICER is there a direct line because its certainly not an option on their phone or email system - where in other words do the deliberately HIDE this person?

cant tell you how angry i am with these idiots - bring on the day when they get their just desserts, but trouble is we have all these government departments that are apathetic and toothless tigers, this is something i am on about a lot, but justifiably so, we as small cogs dont get the leniency with the system that these multi billion $ fraudsters do

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2009, 10:48:28 PM »

Poddy

« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2009, 11:08:11 PM »
how does one reach the ESCALATIONS OFFICER is there a direct line because its certainly not an option on their phone or email system - where in other words do the deliberately HIDE this person?

Take a note everyone else as well, it was obtained by .......... well lets just say it was obtained

0282239500 it worked last time I called it so if someone calls it they might like to let me know if it is still current

Liisa-Sx

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2009, 02:48:31 AM »
FYI

Their customer service is horrible. They used to hide their telephone number, (intentionally - by their own admission) and only provided support via "form" emails:

"As for the customer service, Sollitto said they intentionally make the phone number very difficult to find in order to save costs."
this was officially a statement Given by PayPal's at one stage, and yes it is confirmed as a real statement.

The only reason their number can be found now is because they were forced to by law (EFTA Electronic Funds Transaction Act) due to complaints from users.

I guess they have started doing it again, just in a whole new way.
They said there would be cake....and there WAS!

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2009, 03:03:26 AM »
this site lists the paypal contact numbers all around the world and some ebay ones
http://www.screw-paypal.com/paypal_contact_information.html#phoneaus