Author Topic: Traffic comparisons - eBay, Amazon, other online venues  (Read 10425 times)

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
Traffic comparisons - eBay, Amazon, other online venues
« on: September 14, 2009, 02:54:08 PM »
You might want to read this article.

Pop over to read this article as well.

Now... where are those wonderful graphs which Poddy used to post on the RT? *searches high and low*
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
Re: Traffic comparisons - eBay, Amazon, other online venues
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 02:59:11 PM »
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

bobbybigbear

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 03:40:26 PM »
So how is a " Unique " figure arrived at.....?  is it IP based....?  if it is the figures are totally false.
It's states that is based on " Unique Visitors ", and as Amazon is purely a shopping mall, unlike ebay, which is not purely for buying and selling, I think Amazon kills ebay.

Amazon is not setup in every country like ebay, but if ebay wanted to  restructure, and move all of the sites to one multi-lingual site, set up in a country where the desire for Paypal only was not a barrier by government bodies, then they would do precisely that.

It wouldn't be all that difficult either, as they do not need to be incorperated in every country to allow residents of those countries to participate in buying or selling, members would simply log onto the master site and go to each countries seperate url's within the site, nothing would change, because it's is so impersonal now with automated answers to everything, they would save quite a lot of money in offices and staff for each country.

I think the only thing stopping them doing that is that more independant sites would open up in each country to take up the challenge.

Liisa-Sx

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 07:54:50 PM »
This is a recent post on Ebay by Ebay

Many sellers have contacted us recently about a sudden drop in numbers within their eBay Shop traffic reports. We have identified the issue and plan to have it resolved by mid-September. We will continue to keep you informed.

"If you have seen a sudden drop in numbers within your Shop traffic reports, we want to reassure you that the problem is in the tracking and reporting system only and that actual traffic and sales for eBay Shops should be as normal.

Thank you for your patience and we apologise for any inconvenience.

Regards,

The eBay Team"
     I thought I had heard it all     :rofl:......spin spin spin *splat*

Ebay turned the traffic into Roadkill....
They said there would be cake....and there WAS!

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
!
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 08:20:17 PM »
They fiddle the books !

I have had listings that show numerous visits before they even reach the search listings ???
Ebays explanation is this is due to the message sent to buyers who have me listed as a favourite seller and they view the item ..... this is bollocks !

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
  • You don't get everything you want at Tello's.
    • facebook
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2009, 01:20:30 AM »
Bollacks is eBay's Stock in Trade!
"The B@zturd Love Child of Comix & a News Organization"