Author Topic: Post Election Fallout  (Read 13019 times)

Poddy

Post Election Fallout
« on: December 12, 2010, 03:52:09 AM »
I am wondering if anyone who voted for the present (temporary) government is proud of JOOLYA!! ?
In light of current revelations and the way that JOOLYA!! responded to them needs to be looked at and discussed.

Also the way that the NBN was bulldozed through the senate on the final day of sitting. Now the revelation that towns of less that 1000 residences will not be connected even though the cable goes right by their door.
Come on people time to get vocal.

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
Re: Post Election Fallout
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 07:06:03 AM »
As regards Julia, Poddy.... and without taking your very valid questions off-topic....

Opinions on the Wikileaks saga appear to vary completely across the spectrum... from absolute support to absolute condemnation. Irrespective where one sits on the scale - the leaks have provided some serious revelations. Julia, in example, was aware of the planning to dump Kevin Rudd some six weeks prior to the event. That fact alone should seriously piss off any genuine Labor supporter! She did of course publicly state that her knowledge of events only occurred at 8pm the evening before the 'coup'. She is passionately out to get this Wikileaks bloke. Begins to raise the question..... what else are we about to learn?   

callostemma

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 07:06:26 AM »
Come on Poddy,  Do you expect anyone who voted for Julia to admit they  were wrong..   She is after all only a figure-head,  in reality, the labour votors would have voted labour even if Rudd was still there.  A new leader , and a woman at that, just gave them the excuse they needed to ignore the direction of labour and vote as per unsual.  (Die-hard liberals are just as unreasonable)
The really scary voters are those who voted green.      bbbbrrrr
And even I will admit, it is hard work , labouring through all the information, and misinformation that is thrown at one during elections.  Canwe blame people for vegeing out?

HellWest'nCrooked

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 09:21:41 PM »

Poddy.........what to do!!!
The less than 1000 residence rule will affect near every town within a 1000klm radius of me, but I must admit I have been battling the state govt for a number of years on another issue only to get walked over or stomped on I should say and now it is proven to be a complete failure on their behalf they want to know how we are going to "fix" it. It wasn't blardy broken in the first place!!  They just had to change it.  It leaves one exhausted to say the least.

Now they want to change our postal addresses for heavens sakes........another long infuriating money wasting exercise. I see red over this one.

Getting back to the topic, I wonder how they can make these promises and then so blatantly do an about turn, and where on earth do you start trying to get through to a PM so full of themselves and so self righteous and self obsessed etc etc etc.....................

Westie  :ivanhoe:
Ain't no rhyme or reason
No complicated meaning

Poddy

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2010, 11:31:22 PM »
Westie EVERYONE has to make a noise a BIG noise and not accept the crap that is dished up. It wont be easy change the Aussie attitude of 'She'll be right mate" but it can be done. perhaps Wikileaks will be the catalyst to bring about change, I sure hope so. I will certainly do my best to generate some noise ;)

People have to start talking about the issues that are not right, that is the way forward.

mandurahmum

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2010, 12:19:31 AM »
I vote for Labor the majority of the time - and did so this time (I think).

I will not say a bad word about the NBN - because finally I will be able to get ADSL 2.  I live in the second largest city in WA and its disgusting that we have always had to put up with a substandard internet service.  We have only had broadband in this area less than 2 years.

But i am utterly disgusted by her comments about Julian Assange.  he is innocent until proven guilty and the fact that the charges have taken so long to be laid shows the evidence is weak.  But I am sure most of believe this is only now being persued at the bequest of the US Government, the biggest superbully of them all.

I will be super peed if she allows the USA the right to charge him with espinage without offering him some help.  After all - he was not the spy - he was just sent the documents and he is publishing them a little at a time.  If anything he should be congratulated for only releasing them slowly - and so far its just been embarrassing for the US.  Others might have just published them all without scrutinising them.

If anything this issue has firmed my belief that the more independents in parliament the better - I am sick of both parties

However I am not sure Tony Abbot would have done any better, in fact I doubt whether he would have.

Kudos to John Howard and what he said about the whole affair.

mandurahmum

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2010, 12:28:00 AM »
Come on Poddy,  Do you expect anyone who voted for Julia to admit they  were wrong..   She is after all only a figure-head,  in reality, the labour votors would have voted labour even if Rudd was still there.  A new leader , and a woman at that, just gave them the excuse they needed to ignore the direction of labour and vote as per unsual.  (Die-hard liberals are just as unreasonable)
The really scary voters are those who voted green.      bbbbrrrr
And even I will admit, it is hard work , labouring through all the information, and misinformation that is thrown at one during elections.  Canwe blame people for vegeing out?

Actually I know a lot of people who voted Labor that are saying they were wrong.  I would have loved it had Rudd still been the leader - I think he did a great job. 

I dont think many people voted for Labor because she was a new leader or a woman - and we all know that they lost a lot of votes because Rudd was not the leader, because we hated what they did behind closed doors to get rid of him.

I actually think the Greens voters are the ones that are least disappointed - their party for the majority does what it says.  So maybe they are the smart ones after all.

I hope that more independents get in next time - I think that is the only way to show the big parties that they need to step up, because both are pitiful.  They both play games behind closed doors and do what is in their best interest instead of the countrys best interest

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2010, 11:19:43 AM »
mandurahmum

I have a contact at your ISP that can give me a copy of every email you have sent

you wont mind if I publish all your emails here for everyone to see will you ????

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2010, 04:02:03 PM »
Whacko! BNWTLEAKS! You read it here first!!!

Poddy

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2010, 04:04:18 PM »
Psssst!!! BNWT, you can publish mine..............at a price ;) we can share :)

mandurahmum

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2010, 04:19:44 PM »
mandurahmum

I have a contact at your ISP that can give me a copy of every email you have sent

you wont mind if I publish all your emails here for everyone to see will you ????

Firstly, How is that relevant.  Assange did not steal the documents - someone else did - they just sent them to him to publish.

Secondly - Of course I would mind if you did publish them, but I really doubt anyone would be interested in my very boring emails.  I also doubt that there would be anything that I have said that would embarrass me or anyone else, you see I am always careful about what I put in writing.

Thirdly, I would be very upset with my ISP if you could do that, and I would take legal action against them.

low-enghooi

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2010, 04:35:02 PM »
I would be very surprised if the ISP actually keep every copy of their client's email.

And if you are really, really, very, very worried about this thing, then setup your own SMTP server running in your computer. Your ISP will not get to read your email.

I believe every ISP has more problems to worry about than the email you sent, unless you send tons of unsolicited email.

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2010, 04:52:24 PM »
All email can be intercepted and IS scanned for certain words by ECHELON.

There are real issues of the right to privacy being breached. I have strong views on the issue of privacy.

I do draw a distinction between privacy and secrecy/conspiracy. Exactly where one draws the line and how is a complex issue, and I'm not sure I have all the answers to that.
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

golden

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2010, 06:06:41 PM »
Hi Jane MM, I read it as a wake up from BNWT.  What he was saying is wikileaks have divulged the worlds govts personal info to the rest of us,  I don'/t think he was being serious, about you or anyone else on the forum, just saying, think about it from this point of view.

I am not an expert in anything at all.............  I thought he meant would Lacey like her 205 pages of messages "out there"or would Deb like the elephant and castles "out there"  It did make me think about things from a different angle.  I don't know.

On the one hand I've been involved in things that achieve an outcome that everyone would want, yet if that was scrutinised, then perhaps the end result is not worth the risk?

We can't all cope with everything.....   How much about somethings do we really need to know about??

mandurahmum

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2010, 06:53:24 PM »
Golden - have you looked at some of the things that wiki leaks has brought to our attention.  Once you get past the trash talk - you see a lot of things that could be considered war crimes.

http://humantrafficking.change.org/blog/view/wikileaks_reveals_us_tax_dollars_fund_child_sex_slavery_in_afghanistan#share_source

The now infamous Wikileaks recently released a cable from Afghanistan revealing U.S. government contractor DynCorp threw a party for Afghan security recruits featuring trafficked boys as the entertainment. Bacha bazi is the Afghan tradition of "boy play" where young boys are dressed up in women's clothing, forced to dance for leering men, and then sold for sex to the highest bidder. Apparently this is the sort of "entertainment" funded by your tax dollars when DynCorp is in charge of security in Afghanistan.

Of course, this isn't the first time DynCorp has used U.S. tax dollars to support sex trafficking.  In Bosnia in 1999, Kathryn Bolkovac was fired from the company after blowing the whistle on DynCorp's staffers pimping out girls as young as 12 from Eastern European countries. DynCorp settled a lawsuit involving Bolkovac, and her story was recently featured in The Whistleblower, where she was portrayed by Rachel Weiss. It's a happy ending for one DynCorp whistle blower, but will there be a Bolkovac in Afghanistan?

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-20001802-38.html

So with a history of abuse - why was this company allowed to operate in Afghanistan - where they committed more abuse on children.

The problem is that the US never admits it wrong.  Just like when they shot down Iran Air flight 655 - they were clearly in the wrong - but still wont admit liability.  But you can be assured that if Iran shot down a Commercial flight of Americans - there would have been hell to pay and possibly war.

This is a video that has been released by wiki leaks - showing a reporter killed and many civilans.  Listen to what the troops say - and the language they use.  Did you see any of them shooting?  I did not.  Look at what happens when that van comes to pick up the wounded - there is no evidence that they are doing anything wrong - but they are also shoot at.  Then you here the soldiers laughing because they drove over a body - yeah thats really funny.

Its very disturbing footage - especially as there were children involved. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:CollateralMurder.ogv

And why was a First class private able to gain access to those documents - and how and why was he allowed to download them.

golden

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2010, 07:31:39 PM »

Thirdly, I would be very upset with my ISP if you could do that, and I would take legal action against them.

Isn't that what the world are doing?  but they can't. so they will lock him up on some sneaky charge anyway?

golden

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2010, 07:44:34 PM »
Golden - have you looked at some of the things that wiki leaks has brought to our attention.  Once you get past the trash talk - you see a lot of things that could be considered war crimes.

And why was a First class private able to gain access to those documents - and how and why was he allowed to download them.

That doesn't make sense.  Why are you complaining about someone at the bottom of the rung having access to stuff they have no hope of comprehending??  This is what you are wanting.   (ie: not to be hidden by the bosses)

Sorry I didn't realise Countessa has made a thread on the fountain, can we move all this over there?  That way some people wont be privvy to it.  :lol:

mandurahmum

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2010, 08:09:38 PM »

Isn't that what the world are doing?  but they can't. so they will lock him up on some sneaky charge anyway?

And does that make it right?  hey if Julian is guilty of rape - then let him rot in hell. 

mandurahmum

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2010, 08:14:27 PM »

That doesn't make sense.  Why are you complaining about someone at the bottom of the rung having access to stuff they have no hope of comprehending??  This is what you are wanting.   (ie: not to be hidden by the bosses)

Sorry I didn't realise Countessa has made a thread on the fountain, can we move all this over there?  That way some people wont be privvy to it.  :lol:

What I am saying is that if you want something to remain confidential - then you limit the people who have access to it.  This young man should never have been able to do what he did - from a security point of view.

But I am glad he did and he sent the info to wiki leaks - he could have sent it to a less reputable organisation - he could have sold it for money - but he did not.  He just wanted the truth to come out

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2010, 08:17:13 PM »
mandurahmum

I was merely making a point

everyone has private conversations & skeletons in their cupboards along with their dirty laundry

what does give that twat the right to publish them

how anyone can see him as something other then attention seeking Richard Cranium is beyond me

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2010, 08:18:25 PM »
trampoline ???

the word was DECK HEAD

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2010, 03:05:35 PM »
Party revolt at Julia Gillard's WikiLeaks stance

More Labor MPs yesterday attacking the Prime Minister's language and declaring their support for WikiLeaks's founder Julian Assange and free speech.

Ms Gillard said the latest WikiLeaks information dump was based on an illegal act, but Canberra has since insisted that was a reference to the original theft of the material by a junior US serviceman rather than any action by Mr Assange.

However, Labor Left MP Maria Vamvakinou from Melbourne yesterday told The Australian the government had read the public mood wrongly on the issue and said she supported the release of the classified material. "The leaked material, I believe, the public should know about and have the right to know about this information. I believe that very strongly," she said. "If you believe in freedom of speech, you can't pick and choose.

Following suggestions by Ms Gillard and Attorney-General Robert McClelland that Mr Assange may have his Australian passport cancelled, Kevin Rudd told The Australian in Cairo that any such decision was his as Foreign Minister.   

Rip'em a new one Kev!!!!

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/in-depth/wikileaks/party-revolt-at-gillards-wiki-stance/story-fn775xjq-1225970522440

mandurahmum

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2010, 03:24:25 PM »
I was very happy that Kevin has stood up for julian.

it looks like we will have a new labor leader in WA next year - possibly Ben Wyatt - I am not sure about him though - he is very new to politics - but that may be just what we need.

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2010, 03:30:56 PM »
mum..... SO AM I!!!

But moreso - because he shows up the other bloody idiots (in his own party I might add) for just what they are! More power to him!

mandurahmum

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2010, 05:06:13 PM »
Hopefully Tony Abbott can now pronouce Assange's name now, its not assange geee.

My favourite political quote about Assange is from Sarah ( I have no bloody idea whats going on) Palin when she compared him to Bin Laden, and even suggested he should be taken out (maybe she wants to shout him to a nice meal.)

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2010, 07:47:59 PM »
PM Julia Gillard plumbing new depths

But the WikiLeaks documents contain assessments of the current PM, Julia Gillard, as well.

These have received much less attention, but are equally interesting -- especially in light of recent debate about what she stands for.

I see...... thou shalt not diss Julia!

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/opinion/pm-julia-gillard-plumbing-new-depths/story-e6frfhqf-1225969271859

Bur then - you read this. What the hell is going on with these people? Charity begins at home..... doesn't it? It's only $400 Million dollars - so who cares?

$400 million poured into Africa as Kevin Rudd chases UN Security Council seat

Opposition foreign affairs spokeswoman Julie Bishop lashed out at the Government's plan to increase funds for Africa, claiming the foreign aid program was being "undermined by Kevin Rudd's ego trip for a seat on the UN Security Council".

Senior AusAID figures have told The Courier-Mail that more than $400 million will be spent in Africa within five years - by which time AusAID would have an annual budget of about $8 billion.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/national/million-poured-into-africa-as-rudd-chases-un-seat/story-e6freooo-1225870802201

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2010, 11:37:58 PM »
Julia Gillard 'after top job a year before coup': WikiLeaks

A WikiLeaks cable names Senator Farrell as telling US embassy staff in June last year Ms Gillard was trying to knock off Mr Rudd.

Ahhhh Julia! I understand why you want Assange out of the picture!!

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/julia-gillard-after-top-job-a-year-before-coup-wikileaks/story-fn59niix-1225972416553

HellWest'nCrooked

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2010, 12:38:20 AM »

It is all a bit amusing really loco, to watch them all scramble to cover their butts.

"careful of the words you speak
keep them short and sweet,
as you never know which ones
you may have to eat"               (something like that anyway!)

I rarely watch the news these days as I am very sick of hearing politician after politician putting the other down, wish they would just get on with the job of running the country to the best of their ability.  And I feel insulted by their tone of voice and speech format they use, its like they think they are talking to kindergarten children.  They are all monotone.......oh dear I could run away with this subject, so I will leave it there!
Ain't no rhyme or reason
No complicated meaning

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2011, 07:53:05 PM »
Apparently its Kevin 07's fault ????

as much as I disliked some of the things Kev did and does , somehow I dont think the floods are his fault ...
perhaps he could have urged the building of dams instead of de-sal plants , that may have help somewhat as som of this water would have somewhere to go to be stored but even then probably too much water , but the reasons in this article ...well this bloke needs a check up from the neck up IMO 

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/8195192/pastor-says-rudd-to-blame-for-floods

just waiting now for Mr Cohens article that blames Donohue

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2011, 10:23:11 PM »

Bring back Mish...that'll fix everything...

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2011, 11:30:49 PM »
that would be a bigger come back than lazarus

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2011, 11:36:21 PM »
BIGGER THAN BEN HUR !!