The Oz Round Table boards > The Round Table

Abusing the eBay search - Multi-variant listings.

(1/5) > >>

*Brum6y*:
I wonder how long this has been going on....?

I went looking for a small electronic device on eBay (a Bluetooth audio receiver) and found that there are a number of sellers who will have the product listed as part of a multi-variant listing - where the 'variant' is actually a completely different product that has one quality: It is cheap.

The annoyance is that the price shown in the gallery view is of the cheapest item - and that is what it is sorted on, if you choose a sort on price.

So, you put in your search, sort on price and see some promising items at $1.00.  You then select the listing and find it is a multi-variant with the actual product you are looking for costing $10.  The $1.00 price if for a simple 3.5mm jack to RCA adapter.  Variant, my a***.

This really pisses me off untold.  Absolute waste of time.

Anyone else encountered this?

tellomon:
*SNIPE*

*CountessA*:
I can hardly believe that this question remained unanswered... for 7 years...

Poor brum6y.

Brum6y, no, I've not had it happen, but only because I don't look for the sort of things that lend themselves to being listed by abusers of the multi-variant listings (or indeed being listed as a multi-variant non-abusive listing).

I have certainly seen it happen.

tellomon:
Yeah yeah whatever.

Finders keepers, this lost Thread is mine.

I own it.

Get out.

*CountessA*:
I think it must have been in a schoolyard when I last heard someone say that and believe it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version