Author Topic: Listing on Gumtree  (Read 5012 times)

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
Listing on Gumtree
« on: December 15, 2010, 05:16:37 PM »
Have you ever sold anything on Gumtree before?

Over the past few months I've bought a couple of things and sold one item (I hadn't listed anything, I contacted someone in response to a Wanted to Buy ad).

I signed up and listed a pick-up only item yesterday and it said it would take 24 hours for the ad to appear. I've had two enquiries so far today and it looks like it's sold already. Not bad! And did I mention it's FREE!

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
Re: Listing on Gumtree
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 05:18:25 PM »
no I havent ....have you tried eBays classifieds for bulky pick up only items  ? they are free to list too but have a fairly hefty fvf I think cant remember to be honest  ...maybe there is different types ...

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 05:23:19 PM »
But Smee, Gumtree is Free to list and no fees at all. Obviously there wouldn't be the same number of buyers but I'm impressed that it has sold so quickly. Of course it helps that it is a great buy - in excellent condition, almost new and at half retail price.

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 05:24:54 PM »
And I'm sure that no-one here would have wanted it otherwise I would've done an ad here. You know me, I'm not afraid of a bit of self-promotion!

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 05:45:54 PM »
But Smee, Gumtree is Free to list and no fees at all. Obviously there wouldn't be the same number of buyers but I'm impressed that it has sold so quickly. Of course it helps that it is a great buy - in excellent condition, almost new and at half retail price.

yeah I understand what your saying Wheels ... sorry I wasnt suggesting an alternative in ebay it was a seperate question really just asking if you have ever used the classifieds ... sorry bto confuse the issue ...in answer to your original question
No I have never sold or bought anything from Gumtree , but in view of your post I may check it out one day , thanks