Author Topic: eBay seller research sessions  (Read 4583 times)

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
eBay seller research sessions
« on: November 19, 2010, 11:21:40 AM »
posted on the eBay boards 19/11/2010 09:25
by jennyoz @ ebay.com (isn't it nice how eBay employs quite a few members of the oz family)

Contact from eBay's research partner

eBay’s research partners, Qualitative Research Australia and Stokes Mischewski will be running a series of research sessions with a number of sellers from Tuesday 23 November to Tuesday 7th December 2010.

If you have recently received an email invite from Qualitative Research Australia inviting you to participate in one of these sessions, you can trust the legitimacy of this invitation. This research is being conducted on eBay’s behalf.

Thanks in advance for your participation.

The eBay team.

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
Re: eBay seller research sessions
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 04:35:06 PM »
I went to one of those a few years ago

what really surprised me was how geekie the eBay people were

none of them appeared to have the slightest idea of the daily ins & outs of running a shop ...... i.e. dealing with customers etc

one of the sellers (who had been in retail for 30+ years) was saying that non paying and/or troublesome buyers should be banned instantly ... you should have seen the look on the eBay peoples faces ....... utter shock, horror and dismay

funny thing was every seller that had retail experience agreed 100%

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 04:56:16 PM »
I got an invite to apply ...and an offer to pay me $80 for the priv !!

Dear Smee - Managing Director Smee Enterprises Inc ,

Want to give feedback where it will really count? Well – here’s your opportunity! We would like to invite you to be a part of an exciting research study to get feedback on your experiences as a seller on eBay.  You might sell large numbers of items or only have sold a few; it doesn’t matter, your feedback will be used to make selling on eBay even easier and more efficient in the future.

eBay’s research agency will be running a series of research sessions with sellers like yourself on Tuesday, 23 November. For your participation in these sessions you will receive $80 cash as a thank you for your time.

If you are interested and would like to see if you are eligible to participate, please reply to this email and include your full name and preferred daytime contact number, and someone from Qualitative Research Australia will call you in the next few days. You can also contact Michelle at Qualitative Research Australia direct on (02) 9371 0311 from Friday, 19 November after 10am if you are interested.

Thanks and best wishes,

Qualitative Research Australia (on behalf of eBay)

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 06:51:21 PM »
Tell them you demand $800  :2c: :tosscoin: :money: :coinshine: :coinspin: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :piggybank: up front, not a measly $80 cash as a "thank you".
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 07:24:08 PM »
I originally wanted the blow on the head , but in the end I settled for their offer of a knee in the temple and a dagger up the ......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNvaYxn45-U    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

*Ubbie Max*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
  • Never take a knife to a gunfight
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2010, 08:05:08 PM »
I never get an invite to these things. Even though I don't sell I reckon I could give Ebay a few pointers.

$80 would buy quiet a few Pluto Pups or 8 cartons (20 pack) of Pepsi Max, about a weeks worth of drinking.