Author Topic: Its taken me a while but  (Read 5100 times)

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
Its taken me a while but
« on: October 07, 2010, 07:28:40 PM »
I have finally found an area in which I think Oztion is better than eBay ....................

It relates to potential buyers watching a sellers items

When a potential buyer clicks to add the item to their watch list it gives them the option as to whether
they want the seller to see them as a watcher or not

If they say ok for seller to know , on the sellers "my Oztion" page along side the listing summary it will show the number of clickers and the number of watchers , if you click on the watcher thing it will
show you the id of the watcher and also open a message box addressed to them so that you can send them a message.......this to me as a seller has a lot of advantages
over the eBay watcher count which shows me how many but not whom .......

Its nice to know who is window shopping / tyre kicking and be able to contact them in my opinion ....

any one have any thoughts or comments or pros/cons that I may not have thought about ?????? bear in mind the watcher can elect to be annomynous if they choose 

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
Re: Its taken me a while but
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 07:46:39 PM »
I like it Smee. Although as a buyer I never did click to let the seller see me. Also, I never did sell anything on Oztion.  ;D

Something I've found on eBay is I can do a sale on an item that has a lot of watchers and the watchers will get a little eBay under the item in their watch list to say the item is on sale. I also like to log into My eBay through the .com site and have a quick look of total views and watchers on every item, something you can't see on the au site.

golden

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 07:51:41 PM »
Good points Smee.  I was taken aback when a member from here sent me an email to my private email addy saying thanks for watching for 3 months, if I drop the price by a $ will you buy it??  I probably took that as spyware and totally backed off.  I felt intimidated a seller could know that much about me and my buying/watching habits...  I wasn't comfortable but maybe that was just me on my first forum and I will be much better at my second!! :lol:

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 08:45:38 PM »
your right Wheels. its , its unlikely anything will sell on Oztion but it least it has this one tiny minute option in its favour

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 09:05:07 PM »
the watchers will get a little eBay under the item in their watch list

:rofl: :rofl:

that should read

the watchers will get a little eBay message under the item in their watch list

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 01:45:14 AM »
Poor Golden - if I had received a message like that, I would have been apprehensive too!

As an option I think it's an admirable idea.

My only concern is whether buyers might use this as a means of pressuring sellers in some way. How, I'm not quite sure - but eBay buyers have been creative in finding advantages, so I'm sure there will be something.

If you want such a thing on eBay, just suggest it (as a buyer) in that it could prompt sellers to make offers that result in more sales. EBay thinking will analyse it thus: Buyers spend more, fee income increases: Check! Sellers do the work, carry the risk and bear the cost: Check! We just make a programming change: Check! ... plus we get a new source of glitches...: Bonus!!!

Sounds like it would make the short list for a pre-Christmas implementation.

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 04:38:08 AM »
do you honestly believe that someone actually reads suggestions that go to eBay ????

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

not a hope in hell ....and even if some real person did accidently stumble accross it they wouldnt be able to understand the concept ! have you ever spoken
to anyone who works there ? they have a combined IQ of about 7