Author Topic: Congratulations, your item sold!  (Read 4943 times)

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
Congratulations, your item sold!
« on: October 04, 2010, 08:48:40 PM »
Have you noticed the change to the eBay 'Your Item Sold' message?

The old:
Congratulations! Your item just sold. You agreed to ship this item to the buyer within 1 business days after receiving cleared payment. You can send an invoice to the buyer as a reminder to pay for this item.

The new:
Good on you! Your item sold. You agreed to post this item to the buyer within 1 business day(s) after receiving cleared payment. Once your buyer pays for the item, complete the steps below to ensure buyer satisfaction.
What you should do next:

* Mark your item as posted in My eBay. Do this, and we'll let your buyer know the item is on its way. This will save you time, and may result in fewer questions from buyers and higher detailed seller ratings.
    * Leave feedback for your buyer to encourage them to buy from you again.

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
Re: Congratulations, your item sold!
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 09:17:17 PM »
My seller showed it to me - started coming through on Friday, I believe.

They were not impressed... they felt like they were being told how to suck eggs.

I just told them to ignore the text - as it is probably being sent out to everyone ... but very new sellers might benefit from the prompts.

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 11:16:02 PM »
you would be surprised how many sellers refuse to or are too lazy to mark the item as posted
the main offenders are the ones whom sell a greatervnumber of  items (mainly  power sellers but I wont categorise as I am a power seller too )
they claim they are toooooooo busy
truth is they get too complaicent and too damn lazy
to me its like having a b&m store and forgetting to put the item in a bag
or thank the customer or give them a receipt
too many sellers on the internet forget its the personal touch that makes the difference
after all its the only contact buyer and seller have is whats sent via message
or via indicators that payment has been made or recieved and item sent etc
anyone whom doesnt tick the relevant stage boxes along the way contributes
to the deteoration of the cyber conversation system and ultimatley contributes to giving it a bad name

IMO

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 01:29:57 AM »
I daresay you are quite right Smee.

But would you believe one of the BEST sellers I have experienced for communication was a Chinese one? Not only did I get the payment received and item shipped notifications, but they also sent me one to say my item should arrive soon - 2 days before it did.

My earlier opinion was based on my seller friend's reaction - and being involved in some of their processes. They are dogged in their old fashioned approach to service, which is admirable and appreciated by most of their customers. It does take extra effort - but the payoff is repeat custom, high recommendation and tolerance if something does go squiffy - which is when my seller friend pulls out all the stops - and has even roped me into personal delivery for local buyers.

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 08:50:15 AM »
I was just surprised that eBay had changed the emphasis of the email - from 'send an Invoice in order to get paid' to now making sure you mark the item as sent and leave feedback. If you read any of the eBay boards there seems to be an ever increasing number of Non paying bidders, I wonder if eBay has changed the buyer email to stress the importance of making payment.

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 12:13:25 PM »
Perhaps eBay's attempts at empowering buyers so they feel confident in coming to eBay to bid/purchase has gone a little too far .... that they now feel so empowered, that they are comfortable to ignore the sellers' terms and conditions as well as their 'commitment' to buy - a reminder of which still pops up when they have to hit the 'confirm' button.

Now, eBay being eBay, their answer is typical ... push the burden of this onto the sellers.  After all, eBay is just one entity and there are just so many more sellers............

Plus the fact that sellers will be scrabbling to maintain patronage by any means possible just to keep their head above water - which will assure fee revenue - why should eBay worry about such details?

One can only wish that eBay would stop shooting holes in the bottom of the boat while the sellers are trying to keep the thing afloat.

That's the good thing about having your own website - you are responsible for it, but you also have the power to do something about it!  (Now - what price are SSL's running at these days.....?)