Author Topic: Closing eBay stores  (Read 6241 times)

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
Closing eBay stores
« on: December 14, 2012, 01:21:18 PM »
We will be closing up on eBay tomorrow for the rest of the summer. Last year we just paid the monthly store fees and left the store in holiday mode as it only cost $20 per month.

Now that the fees are $50 a month and we may be closed for 4 months it seems a waste of money to leave the store open.

Has anyone closed and re-opened a store? Does anyone know what happens when we re-open? Will our store inventory and categories still be there? Or will we have to start again from scratch?

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
Re: Closing eBay stores
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 01:45:27 PM »
I closed my ebay store
But ive never Brylcreemed
So I cant help you on what happens

Ask the Mills and Boon sellers on PS
Or the Jap Pumpkin seed sellers ... They know everything cos they have feedback of more than 5000

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 01:56:24 PM »
Wheels, the store settings will remain available for 30 days after closing your store. (You have probably read this already...? http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/sell/closing-your-store.html)

From that, it appears that your inventory and catalogues will only remain available to you for 30 days... and anything listed as BIN will end immediately... and anything listed as an auction will remain up until the listing date is reached OR the item is sold.

Then here (http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/account/closing-account.html), it says when you close your store, all your store inventory listings will end.

BUT... from anecdotal replies from people who close their stories for some time during the year, it seems that the settings will actually remain for a LOT longer than 30 days if you close your store and then re-open it some months later.

Is this of any help?
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 02:45:38 PM »
I've saved everything to inventory and also saved it to Turbolister so we should be covered either way. It will save a lot of time if the categories and inventory are still there when we re-open but I think we'll take that chance and see what happens.

That Varieties Gal

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, 07:17:54 PM »
yeah wheels - $200 fees for a saved store inventory is a bit rich