The Oz Round Table boards > PayPal

Is PayPal safe to use on eBay?

<< < (2/3) > >>

*CountessA*:
I'd imagine that the "man" in the word "Ombudsman" is gender-non-specific. If we have a female Ombudsman, calling her Ombudswoman would be ... wrong, wrong!

On the other hand, are you suggesting that Mr Ømbudsmån, the well-known Swedish representative for Lost Norse Sparrows, is married? That there is a Mrs Ømbudsmån? If so, I suspect Mrs Ømbudsmån would not be happy by knowing that Mr Ømbudsmån's attractive blonde assistant stayed in the same hotel as he, during the International Convention on Lost Feathered Things.

col52:

--- Quote from: tamsy72 on April 22, 2009, 04:55:38 PM ---Agreed Hawk, the user agreement is typical of a big corporation that refuses to be tied down in any way.  Too many 'mays mights and possiblies' for my liking too :-(

--- End quote ---

Isn't that how ebay operates full stop?

col52:

--- Quote from: countessalmirena on April 24, 2009, 06:37:23 PM ---I'd imagine that the "man" in the word "Ombudsman" is gender-non-specific. If we have a female Ombudsman, calling her Ombudswoman would be ... wrong, wrong!

On the other hand, are you suggesting that Mr Ømbudsmån, the well-known Swedish representative for Lost Norse Sparrows, is married? That there is a Mrs Ømbudsmån? If so, I suspect Mrs Ømbudsmån would not be happy by knowing that Mr Ømbudsmån's attractive blonde assistant stayed in the same hotel as he, during the International Convention on Lost Feathered Things.

--- End quote ---

How about "Ombudsperson" instead?

da_ewok:
MInd went blank........ was going to say something before this next comment

PP and Ebay - the buyer protection is really only relevant to Ebay and nothing else - they PP/EB) are relying on people getting confused to ensure more people use PP thinking that are safe

and once again - brain waves interupted

col52:

--- Quote from: da_ewok on April 30, 2009, 11:58:32 AM ---MInd went blank........ was going to say something before this next comment

PP and Ebay - the buyer protection is really only relevant to Ebay and nothing else - they PP/EB) are relying on people getting confused to ensure more people use PP thinking that are safe

and once again - brain waves interupted

--- End quote ---

Don the tin foil hat...........ebay waves must be getting through.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version