Author Topic: More changes on eBay?  (Read 6227 times)

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
More changes on eBay?
« on: October 22, 2010, 10:33:36 AM »
My Feedback page looks different today? It's very white and has lost all of the box borders.

I've looked at a couple of other feedback pages and some seem to have changed, some not.

:huh:

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
Re: More changes on eBay?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 10:45:28 AM »
Wheels , its Friday ....eBay maintenance day ....some pimpley faced eBay IT geek will be interfereing with the feedback pages trying to work out how he can complicate them beyond recongnition

you see at present they are clear consise and easy to understand , well we cant have that can we lets stuff around with them .....hell why not make them safe and secure by only allowing access to read them by having to key in 38 different passwords etc just in case a Nigerian feedback scammer tries to hack into the feed back page ...... lets throw a couple of drop down boxes into the equation that when you open the drop box there is only 1 option to choose anyway but hey a drop box looks pretty and will confuse the user ... I know why dont we use encrypted text so no one can read the feed back unless they purchase an encryption code cracking download at a small cost of $19.95 or $29.95 for the turbo version if they use paypal unless of course they are a chinese powerseller that lists at least 1000 99c listings a month with $50 postage and then we could let them get the download free

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
  • You don't get everything you want at Tello's.
    • facebook
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 12:17:47 PM »
Normal people don't post like that^^^.

:rofl:
"The B@zturd Love Child of Comix & a News Organization"

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 02:04:08 PM »
Normal people don't post like that^^^.

:rofl:

Perhaps not - but it's one of the side effects of exposure to eBay.

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 04:56:40 PM »
What is normality?

Normality is a stretchy Lycra swimsuit into which all sizes can fit.

It's only once the Lycra is ripped that you get to see "abnormality".
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 12:25:12 PM »
From 26 October, sellers offering free postage on item listings will automatically receive a 5-star rating on their postage cost detailed seller rating (DSR) for that listing.   
 This important new change for sellers will ensure that the postage cost DSR will automatically default to 5 stars for successful listings where buyers choose free postage.

about time this happened ... not that I use free postage myself , but I have heard of sellers whinging about getting less than 5 stars on free postage items , so this should please them

*Ubbie Max*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
  • Never take a knife to a gunfight
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2010, 12:32:33 PM »
Automatic 5 star for free postage is logical, why then is Ebay implimenting this change?

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2010, 12:41:29 PM »
Well I'm one of those who whinge complain take note when buyers give less than 5 stars for free postage. How can they honestly rate it anything else?

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2010, 12:51:47 PM »
thats right wheels ...perhaps whinge was the wrong word , but at least eBay have identified it as a legit problem and taken steps to fix

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2010, 12:58:36 PM »
I like the new change with Holiday Settings. Some sellers like to take loong weekends regularly with no internet access and this will stop the worry of lack of communication with buyers.

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2010, 01:00:29 PM »
yes , I believe you can also set the holiday thing for long periods too like say a month and then not get charged your monthly store fee for that period ?? is that correct ???? I am not a store holder

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2010, 01:05:06 PM »
I don't think they've gone that far Smee. The announcement doesn't mention anything about suspending the monthly store fee. The change is they've added an option to have listings unavailable for purchase during the store closed period without having to end the listings and then relist.

eBay store subscribers will now see an updated Store Holiday Settings feature. Previously, Store Holiday Settings simply kept Fixed Price listings from showing up in search results. With the updated Store Holiday Settings, your Fixed Price listings will be both hidden in search results and unavailable for purchase, so buyers that added your item to their watch list prior to it being hidden won't be able to purchase it while you're away.

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2010, 01:11:55 PM »
just getting back to the free postage thing though there are some shifty sellers .... I have seen sellers list 2 identicle items as bins
example 1:  BIN $59 + $8 postage
example 2:  BIN $68 free postage

now lets assume that actual postage was say $4 ...the buyer has paid $8 post on example 1 and may choose to leave dsr rating of 4
the buyer of example 2 has actually paid $9 postage (it just hasnt been show as a seperate cost) but the seller receives drs rating of 5

that would be frustrating for buyer especially if the same buyer bought both cos he wanted 2 ... he would be fully aware of the other price

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2010, 01:13:57 PM »
Oh okay ... I thought I had read somewhere regarding the monthly fee being waived and store being able to be held in limbo for a period , but not being a store holder I didnt pay that much attention so I  stand corrected.