Author Topic: Five users sue Facebook  (Read 26529 times)

Poddy

Re: Five users sue Facebook
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2009, 12:32:13 AM »
UHM :)

*Ubbie Max*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
  • Never take a knife to a gunfight
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2009, 09:51:20 AM »
Cupie. In answer to your question at post #40. A small screen appeared (Windows Defender) telling me that my idiot system was infected & the names of the infections. I then ran Windows Defender & had them (the viruses) deleted.

cueperkins

« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2009, 09:59:12 AM »
Good one Ubb.....I may have to email superantispyware and ask them if their program is compatible with Windows Defender....you can never have too much protection...lol

Centuries

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2009, 01:27:05 AM »
I am wondering if I can run Windows Defender when I have Trendmicro Pro.installed. And if Windows Defender clashes with the Superantispyware.

I have 64 days before I need to pay for my Trendmicro Pro to be continued.

Cupie, is Superantispyware free? I will be interested in reading the outcome of your queries to them regarding compatibility with Windows defender.

I do like Trendmicro Pro. I wonder if they can all be used? Paranoia is my middle name  :rolleyes:
“I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, because I'm not myself, you see”  Lewis Carroll

Poddy

« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2009, 02:28:23 AM »
you can never have too much protection...lol

Oh but you CAN and a lot of people DO

All those programs gobble up resources bigtime.
As that type of program runs in the background ALL the time it is checking every file that gets opened, every webpage, all the memory processes, DLLs, .EXEs, system files in use, driver files in use, all I.O. operations and in fact almost every thing goes through that filter.

Like a funnel there is a constriction, now if you have 2 or more of those filters you get even more constriction.

Protection is always a compromise to be fully protected is to be in a complete vacuum and do NOTHING.

100% protection= no productivity

cueperkins

« Reply #55 on: August 22, 2009, 10:16:40 AM »
Poddy, don't give us warnings without solutions....sheesh.....So....let's try and make it simple for the numpties....

1) Decent Anti Virus Program - updated regularly
2) Anti Spyware program - I'm using superantispyware and yes Centuries it's free....Liisasx recommended it.

Following that, what else does one need?  i.e. Would Window's defender be overkill? on top of the above?.

Also, what else does one need to consider? 

Poddy

« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2009, 12:16:02 PM »
Cupie,
A decent antivirus program includes anti spyware/malware components as well

Do check out Fixiti-Utilities, that offers MUCH more thab just antivirus/antispyware.

It has  much better defrager than comes with XP, also a registery fixer/cleaner.

It does not eat up too many resources either.