Author Topic: Cheapest fuel prices  (Read 27546 times)

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
Cheapest fuel prices
« on: October 08, 2010, 09:21:39 PM »
Keep an eye on the Motormouth site for cheapest fuel prices in your state.

Link to cheapest LPG in Melbourne

Link to cheapest Unleaded Petrol in Melbourne

You can have personalised emails sent on a daily basis, for the region and fuel type relevant to you.

Every bit of saving helps.

"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

Poddy

Re: Cheapest fuel prices
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 10:40:45 PM »
WOT ????? No iPhone app for that????

lacey

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 10:53:29 PM »
Funny, I joined this app 3 or 4 years ago and used to get emails all the time.  Don't get them anymore and after all this time, they still don't do the newcastle area. 

BUGGA!  they are way behind the times.
Money can't buy happiness, but it sure makes misery easier to live with.

lacey

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 11:01:51 PM »
OK well I found this, so I take back what I said but, it's still nowhere near my and I paid $113.9 on Sunday and it was still the same this morning.

fordprefect

• Knight of the RT
  • Needs Dipping
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010, 11:24:17 PM »
Funny, I joined this app 3 or 4 years ago and used to get emails all the time.  Don't get them anymore and after all this time, they still don't do the newcastle area. 

True, the closest we have is Cheap Petrol

Don't cover your side though   :drama:
Rob (The Bloke)

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2010, 12:44:13 AM »
WOT ????? No iPhone app for that????

LOL @ poddy....

Tess does the i-phone run on i-fuel ?.....

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2010, 12:45:22 AM »
whats that Yibs ??? you asking Tess to give you an eye full ?

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2010, 12:49:05 AM »

Smee I got an eye full  down the RIO GRANDE RIVER .... that reminds me I better go look again...

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2010, 02:14:54 AM »
Now, to clear up this confusion... YES, the iPhone has an app for that!

Well... actually... it did. Then the app went bonkers and the designer changed it to provide only WA fuel information. (WA has Fuelwatch, of course, hence the number of apps feeding off that information to provide cheapest fuel price information to iPhone users.)

But you can save the RACV fuel price page on its website as a web app.

I find I get the best range of fuel price information by having daily emails from Motormouth AND using the RACV web app. LPG just went up 12 cents a litre in the last few days, and of course I relied on this combination of information to get fuel at 49 cents a litre rather than 59 cents a litre.

Oh, and no - the iPhone doesn't run on fuel... There IS NO LITTLE FUEL TANK IN THE IPHONE! Stop trying to plug in the petrol nozzle! *tsk tsk*
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2010, 01:07:39 PM »
We currently have no data available for your postcode / suburb. In order to cater for as many motorists as possible, we have chosen to collect fuel prices for various areas around Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Hobart, Adelaide, Canberra, Darwin and Perth.

thanks

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2010, 05:33:32 PM »
Ouch - sorry about that, BNWT. Isolated area?

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2010, 05:39:29 PM »
Holy hole in the ocean bed... BP's LPG price ranges for today are almost uniformly cheaper by 10 cents a litre than Caltex/Woolworths.

For those in Melbourne running their cars on LPG, it might be a good idea to tank up at a BP service station (and remember you'll be given a 2 cents per litre discount if you have a BP card - which is free).

lacey

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2010, 10:03:08 PM »

True, the closest we have is Cheap Petrol

Don't cover your side though   :drama:

no it sure doesn't.  Thanks anyway.

lacey

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2010, 10:08:55 PM »
actually nothing covers my area.

we finally got a target. WOW!  but no one shops there, cause they mostly stock younger ppl 's  clothing and the younger ppl won't shop there because it's gay.  yep that's right folks, GAY!  and who am I to argue with the younger generation.  God knows, they know more than me.

mandurahmum

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2010, 11:44:52 PM »
And for people in WA - its http://www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au/prices/dsp_search.cfm?search=Quick

Everyone here is charging 121.9 for ulp Sunday.  Yesterday, being Saturday it was 123.9.

What are you lot paying for petrol?

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2010, 11:49:48 PM »
MM . I have seen it as low as $1.08 and as high as $1.25 over the last 2 or 3 days

mandurahmum

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2010, 12:04:48 AM »
$1.08 - that would be heaven.  Our has not gotten lower than 115. 

Roo

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2010, 12:13:24 AM »
I wonder how much Gas is in Tello country??

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2010, 12:13:49 AM »
the $1.08 could well have been if you have a 4c a litre voucher plus you must buy a can of coke and 37 mars bars for $5o and and you then get that price , they are a bit tricky like that over here , they have a 40ft square flashing neon sign with the price and then the terms and conditions are scribbled on the botton in invisble crayon and often the displayed price is for that e10 or whatever its called but that little bit of info is pretty well hidden too until you arrive at the bowser

Poddy

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2010, 02:07:32 PM »
I have it on good authority that Tello brews his own Roo :)

mandurahmum

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2010, 10:55:12 PM »
the $1.08 could well have been if you have a 4c a litre voucher plus you must buy a can of coke and 37 mars bars for $5o and and you then get that price , they are a bit tricky like that over here , they have a 40ft square flashing neon sign with the price and then the terms and conditions are scribbled on the botton in invisble crayon and often the displayed price is for that e10 or whatever its called but that little bit of info is pretty well hidden too until you arrive at the bowser

I love the petrol vouchers - and then I always get a recharge voucher for either me or the boy, so I get to save 8 cents/litre.

Now we dont have e10 over here - is that the ethonal blend? 

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2010, 11:10:31 PM »
yes the ethanol blend . not sure whats its called but its something like E10

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2010, 12:26:21 AM »
Yep - E10.

10% Ethanol.

Imaginative name, isn't it?

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2010, 12:40:23 AM »
E-10 is Evil ... most of you know who I work for ... I have seen the data ... I will not use it until the last drop of unleaded is spent...

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2010, 12:44:22 AM »
As for the mileage you get out of E10 - it IS notably less than straight unleaded.

I believe the chemistry is straightforward - the ethanol molecule is smaller and with fewer atomic bonds yields less energy than the larger molecules of normal petrol, that have lots more atomic bonds that yield more energy when burned.

I also believe that the size of a molecule has not as much to do with how many of them will fit in a given space as you might think - which means that when you fill your tank up with E10, there is not as much energy stored in your tank as there would be if you had filled up with Unleaded.

The result of this is you will go through the E10 quicker than Unleaded.

I did an exercise on a driving trip from Sydney to west of Geelong and back a couple of years ago, where fuel tank capacity was closely monitored. Fuel consumption was calculated at every stop and it was clearly shown that E10 gave less km per litre. It was proven when one leg of the trip was put to the test - if filled up on Unleaded it was predicted we would reach a known stop - but if we used E10, we would have fallen short by 10 to 15 km. The Unleaded got us there, with the low fuel light showing.  The E10 would not have made it.

As far as what this means for around the city driving - from my experience, you will be paying about the same price for fuel (per km travelled) using either E10 or Unleaded.

But if you want to get maximum range out of your fuel tank - give the E10 a miss.

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2010, 01:05:27 AM »

Brumby from the data I have at work E-10 causes severe condensation in engines, fuel system components and tanks.. BMW offered no warranty support when E-10 first hit the bowsers, their policy has changed I believe, but to what I'm not up to speed with, at work we have been testing our engines with E-10 in the Dyno room with results that lets say are disappointing, we continue to monitor the status Quo, our warranty has not changed since it was introduced on the proviso that no more then 10% ethanol is used.... our engines have always used Stellite valves form inception and this helps, but other components are still being effected...   

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2010, 01:32:17 AM »
Sound similar to issue with LPG.  Being a 'drier' fuel than petrol the impact on valve seats can be an issue. I believe Ford have been putting hardened seats in their motors for some time - which is why they are the popular choice for Taxis ... nearly all of which run on LPG. You can get an upper cylinder lubricant system to compensate - I've installed a few dozen 'Flashlube' units in my time (and I've seen a couple installed incorrectly, too.)

Your Dyno results are no surprise ... would I be close to guess the power loss being around 10% or more?

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2010, 09:05:06 AM »

Brumby the slight power loss is not the disappointment, it's the condensation that's a worry....

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2010, 10:00:39 AM »
ETHANOL NEWS:

Washington DC - Ethanol RFA issues warnings to Boat Owners.
http://www.ethanolrfa.org/objects/documents/848/important_news_for_boat_owners.pdf

FAA Issues Safety Bulletin on Ethanol Use in Airplanes.
http://www.faa.gov/aircraft/safety/alerts/saib/media/CE-07-06.pdf

Most auto and marine engine manufacturers have issued ethanol warnings this year, which state that using over 10% ethanol fuel will damage your engine and invalidate your warranty.

View more resources to learn the facts and warnings on ethanol fuel blends.

"If you are going to believe, know why you believe and back it up with something...".

Source ========  http://www.fuel-testers.com/ethanol_fuel_disadvantages.html

Damage noted =======  http://www.fuel-testers.com/list_e10_engine_damage.html

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2010, 11:07:57 AM »
Calling all Melbournians who use LPG...

The cheapest LPG today is *grimace* in Diamond Creek. Caltex/Woolworths, 307 Diamond Creek Rd, Diamond Creek.

You will have to do the mathematics to work out whether the cost of driving there is too much to offset the savings entailed by filling up at 49.9 cents a litre.

*Ubbie Max*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
  • Never take a knife to a gunfight
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2010, 12:00:01 PM »
Never use E10 in your boat outboard motor. I now whack premium in my boat outboard sas I'm not sure whether ordinary unleaded has ethanol in it or not. I don't trust service stations.

mandurahmum

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2010, 07:00:14 PM »
What a shame you cant use it for boats.  We seem to spend a small fortune in summer on fuel for the boat and jetskis (not mine but I borrow my good friends)

logbox

• Knight
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2010, 01:24:08 AM »
Asda is our cheapest, bit of a pity that it is too far to come,never mind.
At the end of the day.....it's night time.

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2010, 01:25:55 AM »
ello ello ello its Mr Statler Mr Waldorf  Mr Loggie ....hows things in the mother country ?

logbox

• Knight
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2010, 01:44:42 AM »
Well the economy if failing as is the £, E bay have altered the R.T and driven a lot of the regulars away, my bowels are still regular, err, anything I have missed?
And how are you my fine fellow?

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2010, 01:49:44 AM »
hows your partner in crime Mr Mayhem ?

logbox

• Knight
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2010, 02:04:31 AM »
Still insulting me! the cheek of the fellow, I taught him all that he knows and now he has turned, its a sad sad day.

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2010, 02:07:34 AM »
I taught him all that he knows

now theres something that one should not be proud of !!!!

logbox

• Knight
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2010, 02:11:21 AM »
?  he was in the poor house when I found him, he must be the first person to go down hill from there. ;D

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2010, 02:21:50 AM »
I just went and had a peek at the UK RT ....its a shocking set up isnt it ....worse than the Australian debarcle and thats saying something

whoever designed that should be publicly flogged and pineappled everyday for the rest of there natural lives

logbox

• Knight
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2010, 02:33:50 AM »
Its hard work Mr Smee,I dont post much now, I go on a proboard where the set up is more to my liking.
Shame about the pineapple though, I might have liked that.

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2010, 03:11:02 AM »
whats a proboard ?

and yes I am sure a pineappling would be right up your alley Logsie ....

if you happen to stumble across Al bear in your posing travels could you give him a nudge and tell him to come and post here occassionally

logbox

• Knight
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2010, 03:17:32 AM »
A proboard, its a forum all set up for you, you registar and its free (except for the adverts)
its quick and easy and clean, unlike E bay.

eg  http://www.hostingphpbb.com/forum/index.php?mforum=escapefromebay&sid=731611522c8d1476da3fa0b16e8edfb6

I set it up for the disIllusioned posters on the R.T, unfortunately we have had one or two trolls so I have had to make it that I approve posters before they can enter, keeps the riff raff out ,you know.

Al bear is one of my admin, but he has been missing for over a week now, someone said he will be back this week, if so I will point him over here.

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2010, 01:18:02 PM »
LGP prices today:

BP 2Go Diamond Creek    274 Diamond Creek Rd    3089    Diamond Creek    49.4            
   Caltex/Safeway St Helena (Diamond Creek)    307 Diamond Creek Rd    3089    Diamond Creek    49.4           
   Mobil (7 Eleven) Camberwell    965 Toorak Rd    3124    Camberwell    49.9            

Camberwell - close enough for me! I'll be filling up there.

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2010, 01:20:51 PM »
Unleaded Petrol prices today

Aa Doncaster    880 Doncaster Rd & Elizabeth St    3108    Doncaster  113.5
   Caltex/Safeway Blackburn North    5-15 Blackburn Rd    3109    Blackburn North    113.5
   Caltex/Safeway Doncaster East    987 Doncaster Rd    3109    Doncaster East    113.5
   Aa Templestowe    2-4 Union St    3107    Lower Templestowe    114.9
   Aa Heidelberg West    184 Bell St & Miller St    3081    Heidelberg West    114.9
   Caltex/Safeway Bulleen    15-17 Manningham Rd & Bulleen Rd    3105    Bulleen    114.9

If you've an Everyday Rewards card, your petrol will be 109.5 cents per litre of course at the Caltex/Safeway petrol stations where ULP is 113.5 for everyone else.

Coinfucious888

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2010, 07:30:28 PM »
You people ave access to cheap fuel.

Up here :

ULP 91 RON is 1.46.9
ULP 95 RON is 1.56.9

With the Aussie dollar now almost at parity with the US dollar, why hasn't the price of fuel drop?

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2010, 08:36:45 PM »

Up here :

ULP 91 RON is 1.46.9
ULP 95 RON is 1.56.9

With the Aussie dollar now almost at parity with the US dollar, why hasn't the price of fuel drop?

Because the Government and the oil companies are inkahoots....

mandurahmum

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2010, 10:41:41 PM »

Up here :

ULP 91 RON is 1.46.9
ULP 95 RON is 1.56.9

I know - its actually gone up - the cheapest fuel here is 129.9 - yesterday it was 131.9.

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2010, 11:15:20 PM »
Yes, it has gone up, and I too was musing on WHY this was so, since - as you say - the Australian dollar's gone up like a floating cork.

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2010, 11:52:23 PM »
the $ has gone up , but so has a barrell of oil