Author Topic: Ebay's New Feedback Trial......  (Read 10057 times)

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
Ebay's New Feedback Trial......
« on: September 23, 2009, 09:43:16 AM »
As regards the new Ebay Feedback trials.......

Hypothetically.....

What would happen if nobody were to leave feedback? It's no longer a benchmark check in a purchase..... because sellers have effectively been muzzled in the way they can respond to a negative comment. Hence - no balance in information.

I understand thet this would affect a sellers DSR ratings...... and that when these things fall to a certain level - the seller may cop sanctions..... but were this situation to occur to ALL sellers.... would Ebay simply sanction themselves out of business?

It seems to me that the more complicated the feedback process becomes - the less it will be used.

Thoughts?????

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
Re: Ebay's New Feedback Trial......
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 10:32:20 AM »
Hmm. Interesting to contemplate.

It seems possible that some buyers might opt to do that - avoid leaving feedback, certainly if it takes too much time.

But think about this: much of the reason for allowing buyers to leave feedback may be to give them an outlet to express rage or disappointment if the deal goes wrong. This in turn makes it less likely that buyers will use other avenues to express that outrage - i.e., submitting formal complaint, proceeding with a fraud charge, etc. Is feedback just an increasingly complicated placebo?
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 11:41:59 AM »
But think about this: much of the reason for allowing buyers to leave feedback may be to give them an outlet to express rage or disappointment if the deal goes wrong. This in turn makes it less likely that buyers will use other avenues to express that outrage - i.e., submitting formal complaint, proceeding with a fraud charge, etc. Is feedback just an increasingly complicated placebo?

Agree with the above...... One would think that the vast majority of transactions would be positive experiences....but is it assistive to the sellers who regularly cop poor rating results from buyers who just can't be bothered..... or are aware that they can't receive negative feedback in any circumstances anyway? There isn't any method of correction availed to a seller who is wrongly accused. Feedback used to be an important part of checking the credibility of a seller. It no longer is..... the changes of past have rendered this thing absolutely useless.

I've noted that sellers are often not leaving feedback for buyers. What happens if the buyers respond in kind? How does Ebay respond to this? 

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
  • You don't get everything you want at Tello's.
    • facebook
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 12:21:30 PM »
...would Ebay simply sanction themselves out of business?

I wanna see the motards PINKSLAPPED out of existence!!!!

C):-{= <" THAT'LL LEARN EM! "<<
"The B@zturd Love Child of Comix & a News Organization"