Author Topic: Post known and verified fakes being sold on Ebay here.  (Read 11578 times)

Liisa-Sx

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
Post known and verified fakes being sold on Ebay here.
« on: July 14, 2009, 04:20:21 PM »
First cab of the rank, full quoted post from purchaser below - NO I was not the purchaser nor do I know them personally. YES I contacted the seller to ask for the verification code prior to bidding,(which I had no intention of doing it was merely to double check legitimacy) YES he gave a fake verification number.

FAKE Counterfeit GHD hair stylers on Ebay!  Fake Code Number (4rs7b 1kmzr 2t6wz)
Seller    
buymycollectibles
Power seller
**** Interesting note seller no longer has GHD products for sale (got nervous maybe?)

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to pass on a vital lesson that I have learnt. I recently purchased 3 x White GHD hair straighteners (for me and my sisters) from 2 different sellers on Ebay.

When I received the first one, I tried to register it on the GHD website http://www.ghdhair.com/customer-care/product-registration when the registration failed, I rang GHD and she told me that the verification code on the styler I had purchased 4rs7b 1kmzr 2t6wz is a common verification code found on many counterfeit GHD stylers!

A few days later I received the other two GHD hair straighteners (from the other seller) and when I opened them, I found that these two stylers had the EXACT same serial number as the first one!

Every genuine GHD styler has a UNIQUE verification code. The verification code allows you confirm you have a genuine GHD and also enables you to activate your 2 year GHD manufacturer's warranty.

To anyone who is considering buying a GHD on Ebay.. don't do it! Save your time and hassle trying to get your money back from jerks on Ebay selling fake GHD's and telling you that they're real and giving you excuses about why it can't be registered.

Ebay scammers are able to buy replica GHD's from shops like Link for around USD40 and flog them off to honest unsuspecting buyers for $300!!

The only way you are going to know for sure that you'll get an authentic GHD is to buy it from GHD themselves http://www.ghdhair.com/ or at a GHD approved retailer near you http://www.ghdhair.com/customer-care/ghd-salon-locator

I hope that this message helps other people from getting scammed like me. I'm still trying to get my money back from Paypal.

Once I get my money back, I'm going to an authorised GHD salon near me and buying one for $300 the good old fashioned way!

if you've bought a Ghd styler on ebay and not sure if its a fake, if it has (4rs7b 1kmzr 2t6wz) as the verification code on the hologram tag on the cord, then its fake.

If its another code, make sure you get on the ghd site to register your styler to activate your 2 year warranty.

If it comes up that there is a problem with your code after you put your address details and click submit, you can call GHD and they can verify the code for you.

Ghd were very helpful - Telephone: 1300 880 209 (AU) / 0800 424 744 (NZ)

Seller two of fake GHD, same fake verification number:

overstockplus - not currently selling anything.

Please post only verified fakes as we don't want to roast legitimate sellers accidently. :thanks:
They said there would be cake....and there WAS!

Liisa-Sx

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
Re: Post known and verified fakes being sold on Ebay here.
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 04:42:23 PM »

goulburn-valley-products - Not a registered user

Known seller of fake software adobe etc.. confirmed fakes/copies verified by two seperate buyers.

Have confirmation from Adobe that serial numbers are invalid!

Whilst this seller is deregistered it pays to confirm serial numbers prior to purchase.

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
Re: Post known and verified fakes being sold here.
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 04:42:31 PM »
Thanks, Liisa - terrific idea.
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

Liisa-Sx

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
Re: Post known and verified fakes being sold on Ebay here.
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 05:58:47 PM »
SCAM ON PANDORA BRASS SOLD AS STERLING SILVER
Quote:
I am amazed at the amount of SO CALLED sterling silver that is coming out of China that is BRASS plated in silver. One business has a number of stores selling STERLING SILVER Pandora bracelets and charms with the hallmark 925 stamped on their goods. You will find the greater majority if not ALL coming from the Asian sector to be fake.

As another person stated, magnetic 925 silver is pretty much a dead giveaway lol

Buyer beware.