Author Topic: How many Negs before a PowerSeller is made NARU?  (Read 21791 times)

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
How many Negs before a PowerSeller is made NARU?
« on: December 04, 2009, 08:32:50 PM »
I know I've asked this question before but it never ceases to amaze me how long it takes before some sellers are made NARU. At least with our latest seller we paid with PayPal so we'll get a refund. This seller has over 128,000 feedback but everything seems to have fallen apart over the last couple of weeks - 812 Negs THIS MONTH! Feedback percentage is down to 96.9% and falling fast.

I suppose at least with the seller not being made NARU the listings are still visible to all the poor buyers who are hoping to get refunds. And the buyers can still leave Negs!

http://feedback.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=outpost_media_deals&ftab=AllFeedback

Roo

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
Re: How many Negs before a PowerSeller is made NARU?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 08:36:02 PM »
Dropshipper?

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 08:39:58 PM »
another dropshipper that lists before they get the goods ....

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 09:39:30 PM »
Yes, exactly, giving the word "Powerseller" a bad name.

No wonder I tend on the whole to avoid them - unless the feedback indicates definitely that it's not a dropshipper.

What befuddles me is that the bad feedback is clearly going back a long way. How can a seller convince people to buy with this sort of bad record? And - Wheels, with you, I wonder just what it would take for this seller to be NARUd by eBay. Look at the pattern of negatives. It goes back more than 6 months.
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2009, 09:55:34 PM »
How can a seller convince people to buy with this sort of bad record?

I'm guessing it was the cheapest price for that particular book, and not a lot listed on eBay. My youngest son purchased it and he's usually pretty good at checking feedback first. He was buying it on behalf of a friend so I've looked around and found the same book today from emporiumbooks.com.au for the same price delivered.

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2009, 10:04:48 PM »
give him a darn good seeing to Mum !!!

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2009, 10:19:03 PM »
Smee, I can't be too mean to him, he spent an hour or so crawling around under the house today moving a cable for me. All 6ft4 of him in less than a foot high space.

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2009, 10:38:17 PM »
ok .... suitabley punished then !

*Ubbie Max*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
  • Never take a knife to a gunfight
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2009, 11:24:08 PM »
Not suitably punished Smee. You do realise I'm an advocate for keelhauling for all offenses, no matter how trivial don't you?

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2009, 11:35:13 PM »
Interesting question...... How many negs V how much in fees payable! Reminds me of another powerseller in times past!

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2009, 11:36:59 PM »
Interesting question...... How many negs V how much in fees payable! Reminds me of another powerseller in times past!

And Which power seller would that be ?.....LOL...don't answer that...LOL...how are ya r 38 ....

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2009, 11:46:11 PM »
Blardy marvellous Yib! Just home from work, thankfully.

And as regards the powerseller..... well, there was the holiday mob, then there was the fella who fled back to China.... EB..... SB..... nup, can't remember!  ;D There was also a bloke who sold motor bike parts in very recent times.

Moral to the story....... AVOID POWERSELLERS! The small business always seems to be the more reliable bet in my experience.

lacey

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2009, 09:06:20 PM »
Maybe he's dead..  Neg is now over 1000
Money can't buy happiness, but it sure makes misery easier to live with.

lacey

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2009, 09:09:58 PM »
What I find even more amazing is, the amount of people willing to take a chance to buy off him with feedback that bad.

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2009, 09:14:57 PM »
And yet, he's still holding 96.7% feedback!

lacey

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2009, 09:25:55 PM »
Do ebay have a cut off point like say 90 - 95%.  After that you are O.U.T.?

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2009, 09:33:01 PM »
lacey - there are no further items for sale..... and there is some positive feedbaack coming back - although it appears to be only on the more expensive purchases. Ebay have been known in the past to allow a seller to 'trade out' of trouble. Could be why they are still not NARU. The current feedback percentage remains the same as it was for 800 negs.

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2009, 09:54:21 PM »
The seller currently has no auctions or items for sale in his store ... if ebay were to Naru him now it would serve absolutley no purpose other than to make it hard for people who have paid to either get their item or get a refund ... They have obviously restricted his account so that he cant list anything else until this drama has been sorted out ...it would appear that he is a drop shipper and lists items that he is expecting to arrive but not actiually in his possession ... always a dangerous thing to do but also silly for buyers to part with their money up front if he actually says in his listings that they are pre order
would you give myers your money up front if you went to buy something from them and they said out of stock for 2 weeks ? No you wouldnt if you went back in 2 weeks and they had item in stock you would pay then ....
often at this time of year container ships get held up and this ultimatley creates a back log a customs waiting for freight to be cleared , I would suggest that this seller would be working closely with his power seller ebay account manager or whatever they call them trying to restrict the damage ... and hope that the container arrives and /or clears soon so he can ship the freight and then try and convince the buyers to remove the negs when the items arrive .. so he may just be able to save his business ... but its high time ebay put a stop to this type of trading its far to risky and has been the cause of a lot of heartache for buyers

lacey

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2009, 09:55:23 PM »
Ok, so not looking good for seller but still up there trying. 

i wouldn't go near him.  Too risky.

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2009, 09:56:31 PM »
aha r2d2 you snuck in front of me , it took me that long to type my post whilst on the phone ... but yeah what you said

lacey

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2009, 09:59:01 PM »
I don't think Oztion allow this type of selling on their site and i can understand why.  I hope for the sellers sake it gets sorted although, like someone said it's been going on for a year or maybe even longer. ;D

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2009, 10:08:30 PM »
not to this extent Lacey it hasnt , prior to this month he had a % of about 97 still not flash but not disgraceful ......

and Oztion do allow it ....see listing  policy  5
http://www.oztion.com.au/content/0012005/help/Sell/listingpolicies.aspx

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2009, 10:24:19 PM »
I don't think there is any mention of pre-sales in this seller's listings. And some mug buyer even paid extra for express shipping and is still waiting for their book! Knew something was wrong when we received no reply to emails and went to open a PayPal dispute and PayPal immediately moved it to a claim. No further response yet from seller or PayPal.

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2009, 10:27:17 PM »
ok ... he is a very naughty boy then .... and as soon as all these buyers have been reimbursed somehow then he should be NARUD and Boondah'd severley !!!

lacey

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2009, 10:32:23 PM »
You are right smee.  I stand corrected. I was remembering an article in the forums a very long time ago and people were stating back then that sellers couldn't dropship.  I never bothered to check that myself as I wasn't a seller and wasn't buying either. ;D

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2009, 10:35:25 PM »
I dont know if it would be such a big problem on oztion but still has the same potential problems just not on such a big scale I would imagine ?

lacey

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2009, 10:51:18 PM »
I'm not sure.  I only buy off sellers who have the product on hand.  If I see mention that it's coming from overseas I pass it by. 

I do remeber that people were complaining about it though. ;D

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2009, 11:16:48 PM »
 I only buy off sellers who have the product on hand.  If I see mention that it's coming from overseas I pass it by. 

A very good idea in my opinion Lacey ... its only inviting trouble if you buy before the seller has it in his hot little hand

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2009, 01:43:56 PM »
I think buyers need to be aware, very aware, of the dangers of buying from sellers like this.

1. He hasn't stated that he's drop-shipping. Big no-no.
2. Drop-shipping and asking for pre-payment is foolish in my opinion. If I discovered that I'd paid in full for something that wasn't even in the seller's possession, I'd immediately contact my card provider. Forget about PayPal's slow 1-2 month "investigation".
3. This whole drop-shipping concept needs to be re-evaluated, again in my opinion. I think eBay not only needs to change its policy concerning drop-shipping, but to enforce it without exception. No special bikkies for "special sellers". No trading out of a financial mudpool.

Suggestion: by all means pay 10% of the purchase price up-front from a registered business, on the understanding that this amount is refundable if the item doesn't arrive. Do not pay the full amount until it's in stock and ready to be sent.

I don't mind paying the full amount on something from a b&m store whom I trust, if it's a costly item and needs to be specially ordered in, as long as my consumer rights are protected fully. But on eBay, it's like falling through the rabbit-hole and ending up in Blunderland.
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2009, 04:54:43 PM »
Countessa, I agree about drop-shipping. It can be very risky for both buyers and sellers.

Still no word from PayPal re a refund from this seller.

Also, you will find there is very little difference between buying from a dodgy online seller or a B&M store. If a B&M business collapses or if the owner suddenly shuts up shop and does a runner with your money any customers who have prepaid for orders will be the last in the long line of recipients if any funds are ever recovered. An example is Kleenmaid earlier this year - they were still taking orders, and payments, the day before all the stores were closed permanently.

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2009, 07:42:23 AM »
Ive just had another look and negatives are still flowing in, amongst some positives , it appears as though some are getting refunds at this stage , but the MAIN complaint appears to be that there has been NO communication . So if this throbber is a dropshipper and container is stuck on wharf or something why wouldnt he try to at least salvage some good faith by messaaging the customers advising them of the story .... alternatively if he is a shonk and done a runner or perhaps something serious has happened and the poor sod is in hospital or passed away or something once again why hasnt his power sellers a/c manger or eBay (who are obviously aware of a situation) at least sent a generic message out to all his buyers advising that they are aware there is a problem and that they have taken control of the accoumt ie no more sales and advise also what action is being taken to rectify ..ie freight due for release on 16th december or we are attempting to recover funds from this shonk or whatever ?????
All people want when they are out of pocket is to be kept informed and reassured that some action is happening in regard to getting their goods to them or a possible refund ... just saying nothing only inflames the situation IMO 

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2009, 09:09:57 AM »
All people want when they are out of pocket is to be kept informed and reassured that some action is happening in regard to getting their goods to them or a possible refund ... just saying nothing only inflames the situation IMO 

And... isn't that the truth! Nothing worse than simply not knowing. Interestingly, the seller has received just over two pages of positive feedback so far - just for today. Others speak of delays of 6 weeks or more. If the refunds are from Paypal - this will probably complicate matters further, if in fact the seller is attempting to make good his / her commitments.

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2009, 08:49:04 PM »
Well they won't be getting a positive from us as we have already purchased the same book from another site and it is on it's way, should be here tomorrow. No communication whatsoever from the seller and deadline for them to respond to our dispute is 14th Dec.

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2009, 12:24:15 AM »
Not that I condone this seller, but I wonder if he has been relying on eBay's messaging system for communication...?

I was talking to someone last weekend and they told me of a few situations where messages had NOT gone through.

gr8-expectations

« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2009, 12:40:26 AM »
i have experienced that a lot brumby and checked with customers to prove it happened

gr8-expectations

« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2009, 12:40:59 AM »
they filter a lot of messages and sometimes the filters fail emails that should have gone through

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2009, 01:45:07 AM »
Not that I condone this seller, but I wonder if he has been relying on eBay's messaging system for communication...?

I was talking to someone last weekend and they told me of a few situations where messages had NOT gone through.

He could also put an anouncement of his me page ... I dont think he is trying that hard ...
....... and another strong message being sent about the dangers of Pre sale or dropshippers ..... 

gr8-expectations

« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2009, 08:38:08 AM »
do you think many people know to actually look on the "me" page smee? I wonder about that, i dont much, they can be good tho for that

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2009, 08:43:16 AM »
Still no communication from the seller. It is now one month since paid and time for a neg. Some of the feedback that has been left recently was from buyers who purchased at start of November - and they left positive feedback!

Update from the seller posted on their website:

http://www.whiteelephantmedia.com/

some extracts ..

eBay/PayPal unjustifiably shut down our accounts without any notice whatsoever. We are trying to ascertain the reason for this other than what they considered was "increased fraud risk". We want to point out that White Elephant Media has been in business for nearly 6 years and was one of eBay’s largest sellers. We had outstanding customer service ratings. We were a real brick and mortar business with numerous employees, and a large monthly volume. The point is we weren’t a fly by night business, and actually had met with eBay/PayPal personnel on our premises as part of the "fraud risk assessment" program. Nothing had changed in our business. In short we are completely perplexed why we are in this position.

Our PayPal/eBay account was closed November 18, 2009, after selling successfully on eBay for almost 6 years. Several weeks ago, we were asked by PayPal to give them a “deposit” so we could keep accepting PayPal payments.  (And if you sell or buy on eBay, you know you have to use PayPal).  At first PayPal asked for us to pay $212k into this deposit account. They expected it to be funded in about 3 months.  On November 13th, 2009 PayPal decided to increase the amount they wanted from us.  Basically, in order for us to keep selling like we have been for years, PayPal increased the amount they needed in our “deposit” account to $600k.  (Many eBay sellers are facing this type of problem).

They closed our account after we indicated it would be impossible to come up with $600,000 in about 6 weeks during the holidays. Why they wanted more than a half a million dollars and when it would be repaid if ever was exceptionally nebulous and never explained to us.  48 hours after we were locked out of our account, there was well over $230k in the account.  That is the money we use to pay for our merchandise and postage.  We were denied access to it and therefore we are unable to operate.

gr8-expectations

« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2009, 08:48:04 AM »
sorry to hear that wheels hope it wasnt too much

here is latest neg for them, maybe do a google as they suggest (if you have not already)

Google their name for reason, filling claim now, they SUCK

gr8-expectations

« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2009, 08:49:58 AM »
this one got a positive...

Sex Tips from a Dominatrix-New Book

was this the one you ordered wheelsy? lol

gr8-expectations

« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2009, 08:50:29 AM »

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2009, 08:51:52 AM »
Thanks Gr8, see link to their website above ^^

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2009, 08:55:06 AM »
 :lol:

gr8-expectations

« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2009, 08:56:18 AM »
very interesting, but these guys were getting huge numbers of negs 3 months ago well before november

Our PayPal/eBay account was closed November 18, 2009, after selling successfully on eBay for almost 6 years. Several weeks ago, we were asked by PayPal to give them a “deposit” so we could keep accepting PayPal payments.  (And if you sell or buy on eBay, you know you have to use PayPal).  At first PayPal asked for us to pay $212k into this deposit account. They expected it to be funded in about 3 months.  On November 13th, 2009 PayPal decided to increase the amount they wanted from us.  Basically, in order for us to keep selling like we have been for years, PayPal increased the amount they needed in our “deposit” account to $600k.  (Many eBay sellers are facing this type of problem).

you can see though how ebay cant claim they are just a venue, they are running the show really when they have such sway over a seller but this ones far from perfect by the look and easy to blame ebay/paypal too

gr8-expectations

« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2009, 08:56:54 AM »
hubby will be glad it didnt arrive wheels lol....

gr8-expectations

« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2009, 08:57:46 AM »
so basically the sller funds the "paypal" guarantee and in these big cases you wonder just how much paypal/ebay ever have to put in of their own money dontcha?

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
  • You don't get everything you want at Tello's.
    • facebook
"The B@zturd Love Child of Comix & a News Organization"

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2009, 11:52:20 PM »
very interesting, but these guys were getting huge numbers of negs 3 months ago well before november

Our PayPal/eBay account was closed November 18, 2009, after selling successfully on eBay for almost 6 years. Several weeks ago, we were asked by PayPal to give them a “deposit” so we could keep accepting PayPal payments.  (And if you sell or buy on eBay, you know you have to use PayPal).  At first PayPal asked for us to pay $212k into this deposit account. They expected it to be funded in about 3 months.  On November 13th, 2009 PayPal decided to increase the amount they wanted from us.  Basically, in order for us to keep selling like we have been for years, PayPal increased the amount they needed in our “deposit” account to $600k.  (Many eBay sellers are facing this type of problem).

you can see though how ebay cant claim they are just a venue, they are running the show really when they have such sway over a seller but this ones far from perfect by the look and easy to blame ebay/paypal too

Only a venue...... so the venue is now exerting strong arm tactics against sellers in an effort to cover their own arse! This example seems dreadfully rough to me, actually - immoral. I see another argument brewing about the compulsory offering of paypal here is Aus.

*FluffyDuckee*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
  • Waves to everyone
« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2009, 09:25:41 AM »
so basically the sller funds the "paypal" guarantee and in these big cases you wonder just how much paypal/ebay ever have to put in of their own money dontcha?

GR8 I have never heard of any one person ever ever ever being covered by Paypal out of Paypal's pocket.  I have heard of buyers having the money they paid refunded to them, but that is not Paypal's money, it is sale money refunded and therefore bankrolled by the seller.  

I have heard talk of Paypal offering seller protection.  But I have never heard of a case where this was actually tested and the result in the positive for the seller.  Even proving an item sent via post and registered doesn't actually call upon Paypal to stand with the seller.  If an item is registered, then a minimum of $100 insurance is automatically allocated and I would think even there, Paypal would make AUS Post pay the insurance out.

As I said I have never actually heard of a seller who had a claim made against them of say, item not received, then they provided proof of delivery and then Paypal, (bless their cotton socks) actually refunds in favour of the seller.  I'm not saying it hasn't happened, just saying I have never heard of one single case.  Ever.  Never.

Is there anyone out there that has?
:duckling: