Author Topic: False reporting and harresment continues even after leaving eBay  (Read 36847 times)

Primaryaim

Re: False reporting and harresment continues even after leaving eBay
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2009, 09:24:19 PM »
It was on the first page half an hour ago.

ernest_price

« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2009, 07:47:13 AM »
... and the last 3 pages are classics in "they just don't get it".

Hawk's *trying* to explain it to them, but the same old 'shtuff' is just still right through those last few pages.

It's time to just walk away.

Primaryaim

« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2009, 10:04:11 AM »
Actually Ernest, I think its time to go there and fill the pages with good posts. They cannot fight 'good'. :)

Karen

« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2009, 10:47:57 AM »
Karen,

I'm surprised Microsoft responded (dubious actually).

I too called Microsoft when it was brought to my attention.

After having identified myself and expressing my concerns I was directed to a supervisor who then checked the status of this site and gave me an assurance that it was not on their list of phishing sites.

I was then given the contact details of Microsoft's head office in the United States who I will be calling when they open in the morning.

My aim is to get from them the recorded IP addresses from where the complaints were received

How did the phone call go?

imperfect

« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2009, 03:25:06 PM »
OH, yes!

Who was it that was calling them?

Will be interesting to find out, I had no idea that a big place like that would be so human....I am pleasantly surprised :)

Poddy

« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2009, 03:41:03 PM »
Karen,

A call was placed to Microsoft Australia, they were not at liberty to divulge the information that was sought but have logged the call as a matter of grave concern.

They told me that the matter will be taken up with Microsoft in the US.

I also called Microsoft in the US and spoke to various people in separate departments.

I must admit that they had difficulty in grasping the problem and continually asked which product i was having difficulty with.

After 2 hours on the phone we managed to get some common ground.

The results of that communication I am not at liberty to divulge.

Thank you for your concern Karen

imperfect

« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2009, 06:33:22 PM »
cool Poddy!

At least you could speak with a human!!!

Poddy

« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2009, 06:39:57 PM »
They were human at least, well after you get through the wall of automatonsthat is.

Having been in the IT industry for a long time I have collected the right phone numbers from past dealings with Microsoft, and I am not unknown to them shall we say, which is a plus.

Lady Rose

« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2009, 06:54:26 PM »
Great, only you could do thast Poddy.

**cupie**

« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2009, 07:02:21 PM »
Hi rose, nice to see you....Poddy has that kind of persistence about him..he could break through any automated phone service.  I encountered one of those the other day when I rang Austar.  They actually expect you to converse with a computer...huh?.  I found myself wanting to press 'back', 'eject'..something...how can you take that seriously?   Kept thinking...I'm talking to a computer, I must have finally lost it...  Then when you finally get to the human...you're about ready to chew their head off...LOL

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2009, 07:09:48 PM »
How often haven't I wanted to shout at the voice recording of various businesses...? I particularly hate the "Okay. Did you say [blah blah blah]?" when the [blah blah blah] is nothing like what I said, and the "Okay" sounds insufferably "patient" for other people's inability to speak clearly - when the problem is that it cannot understand clearly.

If I track down the woman whose voice was recorded for many of these automated services, I may do something hasty.
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

Poddy

« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2009, 07:15:24 PM »
Greetings My Lady Rose,

Always a pleasure to see you grace our humble abode with your presence

In otherwords

Hi ya Rosie,

Whatcha been up to?

Cupie it is not too difficult to do hehehe

I love those automatted answering systems where the use word recognition.

I answer "rabbit" or some other word to all the questions sometimes rude ones hahaha, the computer gets frustrated that it does nor recognise the response an connects you with a human, well sometimes semihumam at least, try it sometime, it really is much faster

**cupie**

« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2009, 07:16:55 PM »
So...defeat the automated receptionist bot with gobbledigook?

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2009, 07:18:46 PM »
I HATE talking to bots on the phone.

I LOVE my bank, Westpac, they employ actual customer service people. They rang the other day to see whether they could help with anything and I said yes, I'd been charged a fee that I thought was included in our Home Loan package and my 'personal consultant' said she would look into it for me. The next day, she rang back to say she had organised a credit and would reimburse the fee for the past 3 years. Credit arrived in bank account the next day. That's what I call service!

Poddy

« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2009, 07:20:53 PM »
yep, you can actually detect a slight hint of frustration in the recorded voice when you do that hehehehe

There is nothing quite like confusing a 'puker ;)

col52

« Reply #65 on: May 03, 2009, 07:36:49 PM »
How often haven't I wanted to shout at the voice recording of various businesses...? I particularly hate the "Okay. Did you say [blah blah blah]?" when the [blah blah blah] is nothing like what I said, and the "Okay" sounds insufferably "patient" for other people's inability to speak clearly - when the problem is that it cannot understand clearly.

If I track down the woman whose voice was recorded for many of these automated services, I may do something hasty.

I remember when I rang an automated line to order movies on Foxtel (as the selection "thingy" wasn't working on our remote). The line asked me to say the movie title I wanted, so I did. The line said something like "you would like to order Flerplen, is that correct?" I tried again, same response..........I actually wanted to order Flightplan. I think it had problems with my accent!!!! I tried 3 times, then contacted the helpline. Haven't tried since.

col52

« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2009, 07:39:21 PM »
I HATE talking to bots on the phone.

I LOVE my bank, Wetspac, they employ actual customer service people. They rang the other day to see whether they could help with anything and I said yes, I'd been charged a fee that I thought was included in our Home Loan package and my 'personal consultant' said she would look into it for me. The next day, she rang back to say she had organised a credit and would reimburse the fee for the past 3 years. Credit arrived in bank account the next day. That's what I call service!

Wetspac  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Fluffy*Duckee

« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2009, 07:40:59 PM »
Hi Col,

You're in fine form tonight!!!   :neener:

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #68 on: May 03, 2009, 07:42:21 PM »
Col is inevitably in fine form.
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

col52

« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2009, 07:47:35 PM »
Have to amuse myself somehow  :duckdance:

Primaryaim

« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2009, 07:50:57 PM »
Col, I had the same problem with Foxtel.

After going through the various prompts about 3 times each I got to where I named the movie. I was trying to order The B Movie as my granddaughter was staying for the weekend and we were having a 'girlie' night while the boys went off to the footy.

Every time I said The B Movie, robo-voice replied with the name of a movie I certainly would not order for myself (insert blush here) let alone a 12 year old lass.

I was panicking because I had visions of the movie title showing on my account or someone seeing it somehow and my brain went into overdrive. If you had been a casual observer you would have thought Mrs Bucket (bouquet) had taken over my body with the twitching eyes and jerking head she acquired when stuck in a sticky situation.

I started blubbering which fortunately kicked in the human response and I was able to clear it up and get the correct movie. It was the first and last time I have ever attempted to order a movie that way. :)

col52

« Reply #71 on: May 03, 2009, 07:54:38 PM »
Col, I had the same problem with Foxtel.

After going through the various prompts about 3 times each I got to where I named the movie. I was trying to order the B movie as my granddaughter was staying for the weekend and we were having a 'girlie' night while the boys went off to the footy.

Every time I said B movie robo-voice replied with the name of a movie I certainly would not order for myself (insert blush here) let alone a 12 year old lass.

I was panicking because I had visions of the movie title showing on my account or someone seeing it somehow and my brain went into overdrive. If you had been a casual observer you would have thought Mrs Bucket (bouquet) had taken over my body with the twitching eyes and jerking head she acquired when stuck in a sticky situation.

I started blubbering which fortunately kicked in the human response and I was able to clear it up and get the correct movie. It was the first and last time I have ever attempted to order a movie that way. :)

Prim, you so and so, you have me in tears here  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

col52

« Reply #72 on: May 03, 2009, 08:00:09 PM »
Oh 'ell. I just re-read Prim's post (with wife behind me) both in hysterics. My hankie - which was dry - is now dripping "twitch, twitch"  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #73 on: May 03, 2009, 08:04:03 PM »
 :roflmao: Prim

and sorry Col, I've fixed my favourite bank to read Westpac!  :D :D :D

col52

« Reply #74 on: May 03, 2009, 08:07:41 PM »
Awww, wheels. It was funny as it was................sorry, eyes still blurred from tears. LOL