Author Topic: Ebay may not be so popular no more ;)  (Read 6018 times)

da_ewok

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
    • It Ain't Always My Life!
Ebay may not be so popular no more ;)
« on: June 23, 2010, 07:13:46 AM »
For the last 2-3 days I've been fishing emails from Ebay out of my spam folder in Gmail.

It must mean that people have been reporting ebay as spam more frequently recently. EVERY email from ebay has landed in the spam folder. Now I have to go and fish them out - annoys the stuffing out of me :(

ALso means that I haven;t bid higher on some things because I didn;t know I'd been outbid until too late :(
"I've just been in a bad mood for 40 years"

http://www.marysvillecookbook.com/ $7,800 **Raised as at 22nd March 2013**
Photos by Enigma - Iphone cases too! :D http://www.redbubble.com/people/photosbyenigma

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
  • You don't get everything you want at Tello's.
    • facebook
Re: Ebay may not be so popular no more ;)
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 07:45:00 AM »
Grammar, Pls *snipe*
"The B@zturd Love Child of Comix & a News Organization"

HellWest'nCrooked

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 07:45:31 AM »

Poor ebay...not ranking highly it seems wokkie.
Can understand your frustrations, on the other hand they do send out a lot of rubbish over one item.
Put in your highest bid mate and be done with it....though I do understand that doesn't suit some people and I admit my "highest" bid has been known to change from time to time..lol
Westie   :ivanhoe:
Ain't no rhyme or reason
No complicated meaning

Rebel*1*

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 10:42:24 AM »
EVERY email from ebay has landed in the spam folder. Now I have to go and fish them out - annoys the stuffing out of me

Suits me just fine, just where they belong.  I sympathise with your frustration Wokkie but Ebay is its own worse enemy.  Consumer Frustration seems to be the industry benchmark for Ebay these days  This is the same 'venue' / service provider who claims to have no part in the buyer seller relationship or transaction itself remember?  And yet they feel quite justified in sending out reminder notices on behalf of sellers without even asking if the sellers want their customers bombarded with 3rd party spam? 

If a seller wishes to adopt a policy of harping on at a buyer for payment before they've had a chance to pay, then that's one thing. But for ebay to continuously impose itself on the buyer/seller relationship with one thing after another, whilst screaming 'venue', whenever the shite hits the fan, that's quite another.

I had one week wherein I purchased about 12 items, 5 from one seller alone.  I was literally  SPAMMED off the planet with 12 reminder notices before I'd even had a chance to pay?  Does ebay think we have nothing better to do but to clean out hundreds of spam emails? as if there isn't enough spam on the net already?.  It was never like this way back in time and things worked quite nicely.   No wonder they are being labeled as spammers, basically they are.  Sorry Wokkie, but they are their own worst enemy.

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 10:54:02 AM »
at least sellers can now opt out of having these automatic ebay emails sent to their buyers

http://www.ozroundtable.com/index.php?topic=2571.0

that doesnt excuse eBay for imposing them in the first place though

Rebel*1*

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2010, 12:32:47 PM »
As with everything Ebay, it's shoot first and ask questions later (and only then, if consumers scream bloody blue murder)  How they keep claiming (with a straight face) that they are 'responsible corporate citizens', beats me.  These days they're a bloody nuisance.

My expectation of a Responsible Corporate Citizen is one that recognises the imbalance of power, and doesn't take advantage of it at every turn.

This so called 'Venue' that claims no relationship or role in the negotiation of contracts, or the transaction between buyer/seller, has done nothing else but impose unwanted 'innovative disruptions' (an ebay oxymoron) on sellers and buyers alike, to the point of dominating the entire transaction between buyer/seller.

If they wish to argue 'Venue' whenever the shite hits the fan, then they need to 'butt out' of the transaction process, and be more involved in setting the ground rules (and accessible dispute resolution remedies) for all parties including themselves, according to the TPA and consumer protection laws.   Simple.   

If ebay learned to harness the power of consumer loyalty and gave its consumers and traders what they want, i.e. a fair, safe and accountable marketplace, we'd all be singing their praises.   At least then, the huge increase in fees over the past few years might have been somehow justified if Ebay as a marketplace were safer and more accountable, and its consumers and traders actually better off.  But it isn't and we aren't.

Speaking as a consumer, All I can see as the focus of Ebay's innovative disruptions in the past two years, is how much profit they could seize via manipulation of both parties, under their 'take no prisoners' UA.

They don't seem to care about the horrendous reputation they are building for themselves in their quest for total dominance.  Just imagine if Ebay could turn that negative sentiment around by being more responsive and responsible to its marketplace/consumers?  That's all it would take. 

da_ewok

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2010, 06:21:47 PM »

Poor ebay...not ranking highly it seems wokkie.
Can understand your frustrations, on the other hand they do send out a lot of rubbish over one item.
Put in your highest bid mate and be done with it....though I do understand that doesn't suit some people and I admit my "highest" bid has been known to change from time to time..lol
Westie   :ivanhoe:

I do often bid as high as I'm going to go - but............ like you 'sometimes' that changes. Plus with all the ded heads out there - I'm not always prepared to reveal my highest bid until the last minute ;)

I find it fitting in all honesty, that the crims are being caught at their own game.

Rebel*1* you are right - they all too frequently send out multiple emails for exactly the same thing. That's just something I've learnt to deal with.

I thought that ebay were so big - that they wouldn't be affected by spam laws - but obviously I'm wrong, which I'm not too unhappy about ;)

But between you me and the nearest brick wall - let's not tell ebay that!

Photos by Enigma - Iphone cases too! :D http://www.redbubble.com/people/photosbyenigma

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2010, 08:08:18 PM »
Wokkie, that fits with an experience BNWT had on a more direct front.

Here's his thread: In the Real World eBay has a Bad Name

da_ewok

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2010, 08:46:15 PM »
Wokkie, that fits with an experience BNWT had on a more direct front.

Here's his thread: In the Real World eBay has a Bad Name

I did read that post - but didn't put two and two together - it's all very intersting

I think eBay may have passed their use by date

V interesting!

Rebel*1*

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2010, 10:39:54 PM »
But between you me and the nearest brick wall - let's not tell ebay that!

Between you and me wokkie, they're not listening anyway, brick wall or not.  In fact the only purpose the brick wall serves, is to remind us that it feels so good when we stop beating our heads against it. lol

golden

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2010, 11:54:45 PM »
Yes all true..

I find oztion 10 times worserer!!   They are unreal with emails about bidding, watching, ending shortly, .......

Anyways my fave Dave went there so I will put up with it....