Author Topic: Not the Spelling Police - another thread from eBay's RT  (Read 22027 times)

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
Not the Spelling Police - another thread from eBay's RT
« on: May 22, 2009, 08:40:52 AM »
Not the spelling police....But.......
*raqshaki*  (Private ) View Listings | Report    03-03-09 14:36 EST
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/X-demo-home-large-1-B-R_W0QQitemZ270343552613QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Real_Estate?hash=item270343552613&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A4%7C65%3A10%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

I could not even sound some of these out!
Previous   1 | 2   Next See last post
42 replies    Date posted    Reply #
lionrose.7  (1963 ) View Listings | Report    03-03-09 14:44 EST    1 of 42
Worse then me, wonder if the seller has heard about spell check LOL. just looks like termite bait to me

putney32  (2686 ) View Listings | Report    03-03-09 17:14 EST    2 of 42
lucky his name is BEN

IF it was Benjamin he may not know how to spell that either!

~Lyndel

smeeagain61  (12 ) View Listings | Report    03-03-09 17:21 EST    3 of 42
I wonder if the phone number is spelt correctly.By the way his name is NEB

a-book-amore  (46 ) View Listings | Report    03-03-09 17:21 EST    4 of 42
It's very cleaver. :) All those deliberate mistakes and it gets picked up and swept to the forums. Lovely exposure for nix.

Booka

thoughtful$poster  (Private ) View Listings | Report    03-03-09 17:21 EST    5 of 42
Ben probably is laughing his head off.

He probably did it intentionally......just so people would talk about it.

Top advertising ploy.

It might even make a column in a newspaper. You cant buy advertising like that!

.............then again.........maybe it was'nt intentional!

s*b  (1668 ) View Listings | Report    03-03-09 17:30 EST    6 of 42
Seecda. Somali Ethiopia Peace & Development Agency.

True. Now if the home arrives and it's not cedar as we presume, then does the buyer have recourse?

and who is going to erect it?

decadencedoll  (133 ) View Listings | Report    03-03-09 17:31 EST    7 of 42
Hey he must be what is called dislexsic.Just like that other guy,now whats his name.Richard err Bran Bran ,oh yeah Branson.:^O

countessalmirena  (121 ) View Listings | Report    03-03-09 17:54 EST    8 of 42
There's something wrong with that account. You can see that prior to 2008, Ben had no problems spelling "great". (All right; he did falter over "received", but those I before E things are tricky for many. Ditto with "recommended". But the standard of feedback is noticeably higher than what happens towards the end of 2008.)

Subsequently, there are mis-spellings of "again" (agane) and "great" (grate), and the feedback left is not just mis-spelled, but terse and extremely repetitive.

I don't think this can be explained in any other way than to conclude the account's now being used by someone other than the original Ben.

I also don't think the mis-spelling of such simple words as "great" and "again" in feedback is deliberate, and because "agane" can't be explained as juxtaposition of letters, we also have to conclude (also taking into account the poor spelling in the listing) that Ben Mark 2 does not have minimal spelling skills in English.

This is not to suggest Ben Mark 2 is illiterate; did you notice the spelling of the word "centre" in the listing? It is actually spelled "center", the US spelling.

My conclusion: Ben Mark 2 is not a native English speaker, and he's more familiar with the written US spelling than with the English/Australian; Ben Mark 2 is not Ben Mark 1; something happened to Ben Mark 1's account in 2008.

My secondary conclusion: I'm not going to purchase that "not chipwood" "x"-demo home.

We are committed to making your experiences pleasant, rewarding, quick,
safe, secure, fun, trustworthy, responsive, cuddly, cute...
We are committed... committed...

a-book-amore  (46 ) View Listings | Report    03-03-09 18:33 EST    9 of 42
And the third conclusion: countessalmirena is a disguised forensic officer with the CIA specializing in computer fraud. :-D

Booka

countessalmirena  (121 ) View Listings | Report    03-03-09 18:38 EST    10 of 42
*drives up beside a-book-amore, raps out (tersely) "Get in", handcuffs a-book-amore to the seat, turns (tersely) to say "You never saw me. This never happened. I am not with the CIA. I am a greeting-card saleswoman", and the rest is not history because no one records what goes on in Cellar 101...*

a-book-amore  (46 ) View Listings | Report    03-03-09 18:44 EST    11 of 42
:^O:^O:^O Brilliant. Is that a Yonkers accent or what?

Booka

countessalmirena  (121 ) View Listings | Report    03-03-09 18:56 EST    12 of 42
Very tight-lipped Yonkers accent. We non-CIA personnel do not get paid to move our lips.

a-book-amore  (46 ) View Listings | Report    03-03-09 19:09 EST    13 of 42
Well, at the very least, I hope they pay for your reflective aviator sunnies. B-)

Booka

putney32  (2686 ) View Listings | Report    03-03-09 19:47 EST    14 of 42
B-)would or is that wood, the real or is that reel, countessa stand up

~Lyndel

countessalmirena  (121 ) View Listings | Report    03-03-09 20:14 EST    15 of 42
I'm trying to, but all my reflections are standing up at the same time!

brumbymg  (81 ) View Listings | Report    03-03-09 20:36 EST    16 of 42
Aha! The truth is out:

Neo meets 'Mr' Smith in an EEO matrix...

b3llag1na  (775 ) View Listings | Report    03-03-09 22:50 EST    17 of 42
ROFLMAO!!

Ah dear countess... you are a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day

(figuratively speaking!)

barny1944  (128 ) View Listings | Report    04-03-09 02:10 EST    18 of 42
Ah, Countess,

True CIA, or non VIA peeps, don't have reflections

Cheers

If the enemy is in range, so are you.

sirguitardave  (62 ) View Listings | Report    04-03-09 05:21 EST    19 of 42
Hi there countessSherlockalmirena, again nice work on the sleuthin' front, perhaps you should treat yourself to a Sherlock Holmes type deerstalker cap ??
But now to the gristle in this hamburger of delight.... I must differ markedly on the conclusion that you have postulated in your published post #8, old bean.
Your previously stated, reasoned deduction, noted here!
"Ben Mark 2 is not a native English speaker, and he's more familiar with the written US spelling than with the English/Australian"
My own investigations have turned up a race of super meercats....xxxxxxxx sorry wrong investigation !
My own investigations have turned up an altogether more distressing socio-educatio thingio explanation.
"Ben Mark 2" is a product of the modern Australian education system!!! This individual has the same level of English spelling, comprehension and sentence construction as one of my friend's teenage daughter after 12+ years of education. The spelling is at best, mobile phone phonetic. There is no sane or consistent use of punctuation and grammar, and certainly no pride in the finished literary product. This crime against our great English language and keyboards in general has all the distinctive hallmarks of the current generation of humanity that we have so carefully nurtured and tortured.
A logical hypothesis that can be considered at length is that Ben Mark 2 is Ben Mark 1's progeny, or perhaps an apprentice/trainee. This individual we now know and love as "Ben Mark 2" will most surely have a fulfilling future as a telephone sanitizer, journalist or used car salesman/CEO of eBay.
My second conclusion is that my compuuteyr is made of not chipwood, but I am still waiting for the lab results to confirm that 'un.

countessalmirena  (121 ) View Listings | Report    04-03-09 08:30 EST    20 of 42
Sirguitardave, Ben Mark 2 is currently under observation and it is possible that he will yield under interrogation the desired information about an anti-grammar and anti-spelling group - where they meet, what they next plan to destroy, their next targeted daily apostrophes.

Barny, yes, well spotted. I must be non-CIA then, as I've claimed all along. *nods to the hired reflections. "You can go now" (said tersely)*

sirguitardave  (62 ) View Listings | Report    04-03-09 17:25 EST    21 of 42
Hello countessalmirena, thank goodness that someone with integrity has put their best foot forward regarding public safety and the English language.
If you want to go the CIA plain clothes and reflective sunnies route then so be it, but I feel that some sort of smart black (Hugo Boss?) uniform would be more appropriate given the gravity of the situation that you face in approaching this critical, and some may say thankless task.
Good luck with the interrogations, hope you enjoy all the lovely screaming. Also, please be reminded that you should soak your uniform in cold water if you encounter any recalcitrant interrogees who have the bold faced cheek to bleed on you whilst you are "chatting" to them. Cheerio from Headquarters !

lindsey2573  (1993 ) View Listings | Report    04-03-09 19:46 EST    22 of 42
I'm temted too go 4 a spin to Shepperton & check out this sceeder house (& Ben to). If I brought this house, do you think I wood get wot i payed 4?

N S D T R

4845teresa  (268 ) View Listings | Report    04-03-09 20:08 EST    23 of 42
their ya goe agaan lins git yer spelin rite m8

4845teresa  (268 ) View Listings | Report    04-03-09 20:10 EST    24 of 42
from the ad -

it is stress grade (F17 hardwood) it can be arecked high of the ground (as in pic's) for flood planes or lower for a holiday house.

in the hudson?

19becky65  (704 ) View Listings | Report    04-03-09 20:32 EST    25 of 42
according to the listing,it has already been dismantled and flat packed....

now what sort of idiot would buy a house they have never been in to inspect,already dismantled and flatpacked for that sort of price?....
from a registered business with a showroom and warranty maybe,but off ebay?....especially as the seller says their lease has run out(no where to go back to if unhappy)

you could end up with alot less than you thought you had bought.

ubbrd  (946 ) View Listings | Report    04-03-09 20:38 EST    26 of 42
19becky65.

I believe it is all packed in chicken nugget boxes.

19becky65  (704 ) View Listings | Report    04-03-09 20:46 EST    27 of 42
with lots of crumbs I hope!

oh,and fries with that:^O

complete_it_now  (742 ) View Listings | Report    04-03-09 20:50 EST    28 of 42
I have included a couple of half-eaten nuggets. One of them even LOOKS like a chicken. Take a closer look - you know you want to... go on.
Photobucket

Recycle YOUR Chicken Nugget Box TODAY!

mtnlane  (82 ) View Listings | Report    04-03-09 21:12 EST    29 of 42
mtnlane looks :^O:^O:^O

4845teresa  (268 ) View Listings | Report    04-03-09 21:18 EST    30 of 42
i have a size 10 chicken in my fridge but its not laying eggs as well as it used to, any suggestions complete?

4845teresa  (268 ) View Listings | Report    04-03-09 21:19 EST    31 of 42
perhaps should i move it to the freezer?

ubbrd  (946 ) View Listings | Report    04-03-09 21:26 EST    32 of 42
4845teresa 04-03-09 21:18 EST 30 of 31
:^O

Chickens are sort of a pack animal, they like the company of fellow chickens. I reckon, if you were to get a few more size 10's and whack them all in the fridge together your chicken will start laying, so will the others!

4845teresa  (268 ) View Listings | Report    04-03-09 21:32 EST    33 of 42
i will need to move my ex husband over a bit to make room but great idea ub!

countessalmirena  (121 ) View Listings | Report    04-03-09 21:37 EST    34 of 42
I believe that is a chicken hut, not a holiday house.

If so, that terrifying old besom from Russian mythology, Baba Yaga, would probably turn up a few days after the (lucky) winner has re-assembled this desirable residence, and shout, "Give back! It MY house!" and then would promptly do something extremely horrible to the buyer.

Never buy a chicken hut unless you've seen Baba Yaga sign off on it.

ubbrd  (946 ) View Listings | Report    04-03-09 21:44 EST    35 of 42
countessalmirena< i>04-03-09 21:37 EST 34 of 34>>

Old Chinese proverb "Never buy a chicken hut until it's hatched"

countessalmirena  (121 ) View Listings | Report    04-03-09 21:47 EST    36 of 42
Ah, I know that ancient Chinese proverb of wisdom so well...! It was first said by that venerable sage of the 11th century, Chi Connugius, wasn't it?

ubbrd  (946 ) View Listings | Report    04-03-09 22:04 EST    37 of 42
countessalmirena 36

I do believe you are correct. He was such a wise sage.

*raqshaki*  (Private ) View Listings | Report    05-03-09 08:00 EST    38 of 42
As the OP - I am delighted that this thread has had such a reaction. I am not a fabulous speller and spellcheck is my friend, but this has gone into uncharted territory.
I wonder about the seller and the sudden interest that his listing is generating...........do you think paranoia may setting in..............

brumbymg  (81 ) View Listings | Report    05-03-09 12:14 EST    39 of 42
mobile phone phonetic

I like that - very much. I'm going to adopt it into my vocabulary.

sirguitardave, I thank you for enriching my experience and providing such a simple yet descriptive phrase -

... eespeshilly won witch iz spilt currektlee.
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
  • You don't get everything you want at Tello's.
    • facebook
Re: Not the Spelling Police - another thread from eBay's RT
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 03:03:38 PM »
Mercy 'bump'.

I'll be in my office if ya need me.

:rolleyes:
"The B@zturd Love Child of Comix & a News Organization"

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 03:51:58 PM »
In your office, hmm? On the phone? Organising some real estate?
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 04:24:03 PM »
In your office, hmm? On the phone? Organising some real estate?

May I presume you have googled me to come about to know that?

Google is in the eye of the begoogler.......

Nobody ever calls me & that's cool. I like this medium better ennyway!

:evillaugh:

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 04:25:45 PM »
Tellomon, no, no - we use sophisticated satellite technology to know that. (*practises an evil laugh and half-chokes*) There is admittedly some interference when you crash some cymbals together - I don't know why, but satellites hate cymbals.

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2009, 04:30:44 PM »
Tellomon, no, no - we use sophisticated satellite technology to know that. (*practises an evil laugh and half-chokes*) There is admittedly some interference when you crash some cymbals together - I don't know why, but satellites hate cymbals.

*FluffyDuckee*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
  • Waves to everyone
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2010, 11:17:45 PM »
:duckling:  *What a pity the old Ebay boards have gone....
:duckling:

Centuries

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2010, 01:42:34 PM »
 :blownose:

“I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, because I'm not myself, you see”  Lewis Carroll

gr8-expectations

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2010, 01:46:31 PM »
spelling police are real people just like you and me (almost are) they bleed, they cry they hev small families, they bathe in the milk of pregnant llamas and collect dick smith catalogues ...

Liisa-Sx

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2010, 01:50:26 PM »
And they carry very small concealed dictionaries.....
They said there would be cake....and there WAS!

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2010, 02:00:03 PM »
I'm an undercover Spelling-Grammar Detective. I can't tap Spelling Gangsters and Apostrophe Abusers and Txt-Dealers on the shoulder and say, "Hey, mate, you just mis-spelled {include abused word}, you great numpty", or "I'm arresting you on suspicion of aggravated Badgrammarphilia". I've got to be discreet.

*hums and whistles in discreet fashion*

Liisa-Sx

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2010, 02:04:59 PM »
I'm an undercover Spelling-Grammar Detective. I can't tap Spelling Gangsters and Apostrophe Abusers and Txt-Dealers on the shoulder and say, "Hey, mate, you just mis-spelled {include abused word}, you great numpty", or "I'm arresting you on suspicion of aggravated Badgrammarphilia". I've got to be discreet.

*hums and whistles in discreet fashion*

Yes Tess, but do you carry a very small concealed dictionary somewhere about your person?

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2010, 02:07:19 PM »
 :rofl:

*Ubbie Max*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
  • Never take a knife to a gunfight
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2010, 02:08:44 PM »
Nufinks rong wif makin the od speling eror!

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2010, 02:11:52 PM »
Liisa, I carry the entire OED on my person. Concealed!

We undercover operatives don't use small-calibre dictionaries, you know!

Liisa-Sx

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2010, 02:28:05 PM »

Ahh you must be issued with special undercover BGP's, very understandable for OED transportation  :biggirlpants:

Is there a special handshake?

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2010, 03:03:19 PM »

mmmm ? no reference to an i-phone App that has dictionary capabilities ?... { will Some one please take Tess's temperature ? ...LOL }

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2010, 04:58:11 PM »
Egad ... who told you about the miniature dictionary..?!!!

Back in primary school, the 'Little Oxford Dictionary' was a recommended 'text'. It was half the size of a videocassette (slightly thicker) and was printed on thin, but good quality, paper.  We'd regularly be challenged to locate words and I just had the knack - which earned me the title of 'fastest dictionary in the west'.  Well, in our class, anyway.

I still have it - complete with a definite thumb mark down the middle of the edges.

But I promise I haven't used it for decades - outside of a game of Scrabble (it just squeezes into the box).  For one thing, if I get picky about spelling, then if I goof up, I'm going to have people dancing on my head.  For the most part, it's just not worth the hassle - and would detract from a comment that is still clear in its message, which is a greater crime in my book.

It's On Topic, which is why it's here.
It's only a little thing, which is why its little:
Could've = could of could have
Would've = would of would have
Should've = should of should have

Centuries

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2010, 05:01:58 PM »
 :operasinger:  :doctor:  :feelsick:--Not normal. 

It is recommended that an iPhone dictionary be placed in situ in an area acceptable to the patient.    :evillaugh:
“I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, because I'm not myself, you see”  Lewis Carroll

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2010, 05:45:13 PM »
I think there is a basic dictionary in most phones - when you do SMS with (whatever the function is called) that interprets '2225' as 'back'.

Call it a 'survival rations' version of a dictionary....

White Witch

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2010, 09:19:02 AM »
spelling police are real people just like you and me (almost are) they bleed, they cry they hev small families, they bathe in the milk of pregnant llamas and collect dick smith catalogues ...

They do? They bath in the milk of pregnant llamas? :lmao:

And collect what?  :flash: Oh...... catalogues! I thought they collected something else!  :blush:

lady rose

• Rosieloins/Katyettes
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2010, 09:39:52 AM »
sorry but you can only bath in the milk of the llama after the Birth of the Bab LOL

White Witch

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2010, 09:46:46 AM »
Are you Lionrose?? Hello!  :)

maven

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2010, 06:05:40 AM »

I CONFESS!      :spaninquis: (it was the comfy chair and soft cushions that unmanned me)

I can be pedantic about spelling, especially words of multiple syllables and a lower commonality of daily usage, yet am completely comfortable using text slanguage like: gr8, ur, tho tawt etc......

Paradox much? Go figure.... perhaps it is just one of my many idiosyncrasies?

=P

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2010, 11:16:20 AM »
In the throes of my miserable 5th day of this 'flu, I searched through the App Store - and found, to my great delight, something of wonder...

... essential...

... ... for all Spelling Police or Undercover Operatives who grit and grind their teeth when seeing spelling that could do with a little helping hand...

... ... ... Yes...

... ... ... ... It's the Shorter Oxford Dictionary - the WHOLE THING - as an iPhone app.

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2010, 03:08:14 PM »

mmmm ? no reference to an i-phone App that has dictionary capabilities ?... { will Some one please take Tess's temperature ? ...LOL }

I BLAME YIB (You had to suggest that, didn't you?) { I think Tess's on the mend ...LOL }

Centuries

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2010, 03:20:39 PM »
In the throes of my miserable 5th day of this 'flu, I searched through the App Store - and found, to my great delight, something of wonder...

... essential...

... ... for all Spelling Police or Undercover Operatives who grit and grind their teeth when seeing spelling that could do with a little helping hand...

... ... ... Yes...

... ... ... ... It's the Shorter Oxford Dictionary - the WHOLE THING - as an iPhone app.

Is there a fee for that app.? The Shorter Oxford Dictionary would be an excellent one to have as an app.. . Is there a Thesaurus app.?

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2010, 03:33:48 PM »
Is there a Thesaurus app.?

I know someone whom once had a boil on their bottom ,
they had thesaurus !

Centuries

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2010, 03:38:07 PM »

they had thesaurus !

:evillaugh:

:deadhorse:

maven

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2010, 03:38:46 PM »

they had thesaurus !

If the had multiple boils would they be a Megasaurus?

tommy.irene

• Knight of the RT
  • Im a 99 year old IRISHMAN..But I still think im 25
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2010, 05:45:50 PM »
Is 30 a Snipe...
***** TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL *****

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2010, 06:09:19 PM »
           Tommy is the
Snipe App !

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2010, 07:32:13 PM »
SNIPE!!

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2010, 07:34:35 PM »
isnipe

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2010, 03:46:20 PM »
snipe.com

Bellagina

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2010, 11:24:58 AM »
I just logged onto ebay, and one of the featured listing caught my eye ( I loike jewels! I do!) and there is was.  Nothing a spell checker would pick up, poor seller. I wonder if I should message him / her and let them know?

*FluffyDuckee*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
  • Waves to everyone
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2010, 12:22:54 PM »
$17,000 is a lot of money for a ring that has a missing centre main diamond.  .25 and .10 of a carat, even though there is a few of them is not $17,000 worth.  Over 3 carats of stones doesn't mean too much if they are a collection of smaller stones.

I reckon it was valued at $24,000 when it had the centre stone and it must have been a big centre stone. 

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2010, 12:29:28 PM »
but he reckons its gorges ???

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook

White Witch

« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2010, 03:33:28 PM »
That's right Fluffy Duck!

For that amount of money, anyone that knows a bit about diamonds would prefer to spend the money in one bigger rock., not in a few little ones together, those a worth a lot less than a bigger stone.

It doesn't even say what colour or clarity the diamonds are. The colour could be towards the yellow scale; worth less than pure white.

It doesn't mention anything about their clarity either, which affects the value. It should say in that certificate they show in the photo (if that's the real certificate that came with the ring)

*FluffyDuckee*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
  • Waves to everyone
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2010, 12:12:47 AM »
Yes Witchy Poo, us girls know about diamonds.  I seriously doubt that guy is going to sell the ring. 

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2010, 07:35:16 AM »
there has been 2 offers made , but both declined instantly so must have been way short of desired amount 

White Witch

« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2010, 10:21:22 AM »
Yes, I noticed Smee. Those 2 offers might have been what the ring is actually worth; a lot less than $17,000.

I don't think that ring is worth more than $4,000 the way it is, but I'm no expert, I could be wrong. I wouldn't even pay $4,000 for a group of little stones, but for 1 stone... yes!