The Oz Round Table boards > PayPal

So now I have to confirm my debit card?

(1/2) > >>

Hermit:
Tonight I go to pay by paypal with my debit card but there's no option anymore. I go to change funding source in checkout but it takes me back to the main choices of bank deposit/paypal/money order etc instead of being able to choose different paypal funding options. Trying to figure out what's going on I log into paypal and find that I have to link my debit/credit card or something. It costs $2 but apparently I get it back later. Then I find the magic 4 digit number takes a few days to show on the statement.

So when did this all happen?

I gave up and paid by bank deposit until I get the 4 digit number.

*smee*:
you would get it quicker if they send you  a 3 digit number coz that would mean that someone had extracted the digit

but I havent heard of this before as if I ever pay for anything with paypal its with funds that are already in my account from sales , so sorry cant help you

*wheels*:
Hermit, when I logged into PayPal earlier today there was a message saying they were making changes so I'd say it's only happened today. There are a few posts on the eBay boards about the same PayPal payment problems.

Hermit:
Looks like it's coincided with the new payment options.

low-enghooi:

--- Quote from: Hermit on July 14, 2010, 11:15:58 PM ---So when did this all happen?

I gave up and paid by bank deposit until I get the 4 digit number.

--- End quote ---

It happens with every new debit/credit card you added to your paypal. There is certain limit you can pay with your card before paypal ask you to confirm your card to lift the limit.

If you have online access to your debit card statement, they should appear in your statement few days after the transaction. Otherwise you can call your bank to find out the 4 digit number.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version